Bad
Good

Posted April 26, 2013
A few years ago, under a different administration, this school was rough. Things have dramatically changed under Mr. Pursifull's leadership!! The teacher morale appears to be way up as teachers and staff are enthusiastic about their jobs. They are warm and welcoming to parents and students. Boyd is a fun place for my child to learn. This school has a ton of spirit! Academically, Boyd students are at an advantage with LOW student to teacher ratios. Last year my child's classroom had 15 students, this year there are 19 in his class. Compared to other Allen elementary schools, that is fantastic! We have friends whose children attend a newer Allen school and they have over 20 kids in their classes. My child is an A/B student and once grades started to show signs of dropping earlier in the year, my child's teacher got in contact with me. Together we created a plan to keep him engaged and focused. WOW! That just goes to show, ALL students are a priority, not just those who are "at risk". Boyd teachers are extremely dedicated and caring! There are still opportunities for Boyd to improve, as with ALL schools. However Boyd is a special school. We are proud to be Boyd Blackhawks!

Alton Boyd Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2013
I really liked the few teachers that show they care for students.but there are more that don't put the students needs first and are more worried about other things.also you have to ask multiple times if you want something done...PTA events are really good tho...

Posted July 28, 2010
Boyd has the most dedicated staff in the district. Student/ teacher relationships are very apparent through out the school. Student needs are the top priority.

Alton Boyd Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2010
I don't know how the school used to be, but I must say that I have been very impressed so far. The staff and administration are excellent, the security is top-notch, and I have been given everything possible from the staff to get my child transerred and enrolled without any issues. Don't forget that they are also building a brand new wing to the school to be completed in 2011 which will eliminate any portable building classrooms on campus. In this day and age, my child's security and well-being, while away from me, is paramount. Knowing that the security is great and that all classes will be held in a permanent structure gives me peace of mind. Boyd also received the academic excellence award for 2009-2010.

Alton Boyd Elementary School 2

Posted December 12, 2009
The teachers are excellent, PTA is very active, however we are not at all pleased with the administration of the school and how our concerns about our student are handled. If the adminstration does not improve we will be transferring our child next school year.

Alton Boyd Elementary School

Posted December 20, 2007
Boyd Elementary is a special school. I have known it, worked with it, and have known the staff for the last 30 years. This school has a heart! It cares and it shows.

Alton Boyd Elementary School 5

Posted November 06, 2006
I have my second child now going through Boyd. When I moved in 4 years ago, I had my concerns with the oldest. To my surprise, I was welcomed with open arms. The staff treated me as if they'd known me all along. The PTA is great too. They also made me feel very welcomed. I have not had any problems with any of the teachers or office staff. I think that Boyd is great and if my family ever moves again, I will rate the schools by Boyd's standards.

Alton Boyd Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2005
This is the worst elementary school in Allen, Texas. I have a child that attended this school for part of the year, and her abilities/grades improved 150% after being removed from this school.

Alton Boyd Elementary School 2

Posted July 02, 2005
My son went to Boyd for 2 1/2 years before we moved specifically for the purpose of getting him out of Boyd. The assistant principal who is no longer there did a horrible job of listening and taking care of my concerns. Children who bully and abuse others are not dealt with. Do not send your child here if you can at all help it.

Posted November 16, 2004
If you're thinking of a good school for your kids, consider Boyd! I'll be surprised if you don't like it. From the teachers to lunchroom to custodians to principal to nurse -everyone, I've been very impressed. We've gone to four schools and this one is great. I know the grades matter but the way the teachers and staff treat our children matters just as much. Here they really do care. Just needed to let you know!!!

Alton Boyd Elementary School
800 South Jupiter Road, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Alton Boyd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.