Allen, TX

Posted March 31, 2013
Great school! My son has been attending Rountree for several years. I am grateful we have him in such a school, where "every body is somebody". The principal, staff, counselor, staff and teachers are amazing. We never had issues with any of the people who work there. The teachers are wonderful and they know how to give the message to the students. The principal is so involved, and so are the assistant principal, counselor and the staff. Like I said, we are so blessed. We love you Rountree. Sincerely, Adam's mom :)

D L Rountree Elementary School 2

Posted November 10, 2011
I have had good and bad issues with this school. I have been a great supporter of the school and PTA though I rarely attend the meetings I purchase items and help out when I can. I do not believe they are totally interested in all the children. They are very partial to the "good", "smart" and "personable " kids. My grandchildren have learning problems and they do not deal with them effectively. They are only interested in test scores and the easy way out. If you have problem children this is not a good school. I am working with my grandchildren to try to catch them up. They have learning disabilities and so are a lot of work. They like them so they just let them do what they want regardless of what they need. They keep passing the kids to the next grade even though they are not ready for the next grade. The whole district is the same. My Son has been to the school board to try to get help and they just do what the school wants to do. They do not support the parents or students. I would love to be able to remove them from this district but it is not my choice so I am trying to do what I can.

D L Rountree Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2011
They have some really great teachers but they also have some that aren't so great. My daughter wasn't allowed to attend pre-k there because she didn't speak spanish they have 6 pre-k classes both am and pm and they have to force separate pre-k students in two different schools instead of allowing half english half spanish (I call that racism) The teachers don't have time to talk to you about how your child is doing in school in order to see your child in the classroom you have to sign up each year to be a volunteer and pass a background check (to see your own child in class) you can't enter the school without signing in and have to have a photo sticker id to visit your child in the cafe while they eat breakfast. The staff is plain rude 99% of the time. If it was up to me I'd move out of Allen the school is training you to be away from your kids and forcing their beliefs on them :( Parent Involvement is discouraged unless you are a male. The principal is an ignoramus.

Posted May 31, 2011
Kim Richardson is the best teacher ever She is a shinning star in my grandson's life Mari Jennings

D L Rountree Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2011
My son has attended Kinder and 1st grade in the bilingual program with Mrs. Hedary & Mrs. Vazquez. They have been WONDERFUL! They go above and beyond, they teach with books and with real life activities and culture involvement. My son reads at 3rd grade level...They are so friendly, warm and welcoming. I am truly impressed at these teachers.

Posted April 05, 2011
I love this school. I have been here since Pre-K and am finally in 6th grade. This school is the only school I've been for my entire elementary career. (I don't know what to call it.) It's been a great ride. I know most of the teachers and I'm going to hate leaving since my experience here is not one I will forget. I recommend this school for anyone, especially since the teachers are dedicated to teaching the kids, and make a great connection with them.

Posted April 03, 2011
My daughter attends Rountree Elementary. Rountree is an amazing school! This school goes above and beyond for each student. I have personally seen this with my own child, along with hearing stories from other parents in the neighborhood. Not only does this school support struggling students like my daughter in math, it also supports the higher learners with enrichment. My daughter is higher in reading and I know she is not just left to work on busy work while only the strugglers get help. She is also getting help to strengthen her reading skills. The teachers work hard and are involved in many afterschool activities for fun, enrichement, and tutoring. The principal and assistant principal is warm, friendly, and supportive to teachers and parents.

D L Rountree Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2010
This school is not recommended for ANYONE that is new to the area. They say you are welcome to come in and volunteer if you pass a background check. I passed my background check and still no call. You are NOT allowed to walk your children to class, even after a background check. You are not welcome to visit the class to see how things are done. They also do not let you know about their "PROCEDURES". If you are new to the school this is a HUGE problem. Unless you know the staff personally, I wouldn't advise sending your kids to this school. They are more concerned with keeping parents out than education.

D L Rountree Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Rountree Elementary is a terrible school. I feel terrible for the children who are not getting the attention they need. Children are just pushed onto the next grade when they are no where near ready. Do not send your child to this school! You will regret it!

D L Rountree Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2009

D L Rountree Elementary School
800 East Main Street, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified D L Rountree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D L Rountree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top