Bad
Good

We love Reed. My son loves going to school and that says so much. The staff is loving, caring, and encouraging and that means alot to me as a mom. I know my son is being taken care of when I am not there. The school offers alot to help the community and teach the students to help others. The principal and vice principal is tremendous. They take the time to learn kids names and parents. Communication between the staff and parents is great too. Parents are encouraged to be apart of the kids learning and fun. We had our first field trip last week and so many parents volunteered to come - even dads (way to go dads). I have nothing but praise for this school.

We had a terrible experience at this school. My daughter was treated differently and unfairly. She was blatently targeted to a point that the school board allowed us to move. I feel that if you are new or not from this area, then you are not welcome. This is not a school for newcomers to Allen or anyone who does not "look like" the average person there.

Two of our grandchildren attend Reed Elementary. Our oldest grandchild attended Reed and is now in middle school. I was a public school teacher in the Austin area for thirty years, but I never had the privilege of teaching in a school as warm, as academically involved as the teachers and staff at Reed Elementary. What a fantastic school!

By far the best school my children have attended. The teachers are dedicated to the success of the kids and they are open to parent feedback and suggestions. I could not ask for a better school

We love Reed! My husband went there K-6th 20ish years ago, my brother recently finished K-6th there, and now our only child attends. The staff are supportive, listen when we have concerns, and truly care about making each student's school experience the best it can be. It is true that many of the parents are not involved directly in school activities, but so many of them work long hours. Others are very involved; I realized that I can make a difference by joining the PTA and signing up to help with activities. I've made friends and gotten to know the school staff. I work a full-time job, so I don't have tons of free time. If I can do it, so can anyone! I do completely agree that parental involvement is the key to making Reed absolutely excellent.

I can not comment on the higher level grades, because my son is in the first grade, with that being said, all of his kinder and 1st grade teachers are outstanding! The pay close attention to the childeren in there class as well as others.

I have had 2 children attend this school and I think most of the teachers are great. The Principle team has made big changes in the past 2 years and I feel it will only get better. It does lack in parent involvement, but the ones who do get involved are very dedicated.

We love Reed! My son has never been happier. He has the most wonderful teacher and the school is excellent. They really push the kids to strive for success, but they do it through self-confidence building. They are never negative and always supportive.

Last modified Gene M Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.