Posted October 28, 2013
Love this school. Our children have really enjoyed attending Story, and my wife has volunteered in their classes often. I never had a worry watching my children board the bus that they weren't going to have a great day. It says a lot about Story and the Allen community that I don't worry about my kids when they are at school. Great test scores make it a slam dunk in my opinion.

Posted August 29, 2012
I know that this is only the third day of school, but I must say I can already tell the year is going to be interesting.. On yesterday (the second say of school) I was told by an aide that she would have to sign me in if I wanted to walk my daughter to the cafeteria and that would create a lot of extra work for her.. REALLY?!?!!? I thought that was extremely rude of her to say that to a parent so I decided that I would take this issue up with the principal. Well I have left her 2 voicemails, and I'm still waiting on a call back. We moved to Allen for the great schools... Oh and by the way, she checked me in this morning and it took her all of 20 seconds...

Posted February 23, 2011
Communications between staff members and between the school and parents is lackluster at best. Have experienced issues where the staff believes there to be a problem, but are working with information that is several weeks old and no longer valid. Children are sent to the office for displinary action, but parents are not notified of incident. Difficult to get in touch with teachers if you are a working parent and cannot go directly to the school and front office staff are not aware of current issues.

Alvis C Story Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2011
This is my daughter's first year here in Kindergarten and she loves it! her teachers are attentive, they actually care! They also do tons of stuff with the parents and host cute things such as around Christmas they held a "storytime" event for the kids and they got to come to school in their pj's. It was great!

Posted June 24, 2009

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted April 09, 2009
I think the school staff themselves rate the school on 'GreatSchools.org'. The school is old and badly maintained. The office staff is rude so are some of the teachers. The kids are not disciplined. Although some teachers are good most of them it seems have a racial issue. My daughter's time at this school was a nightmare. We had to counsel her every night because of the day she had the school. I think it is high time Allen ISD looked into the functioning of this school. Avoid this School if possible.

Posted November 20, 2008

Posted November 18, 2008
We moved to Allen from Plano where my second grade gifted student hated going to school. We are very happy at this school. She enjoys going to school every day and the staff is much more interested in the students and is much more caring than at our last school.

Posted September 16, 2007

Alvis C Story Elementary School
1550 Edelweiss Drive, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Alvis C Story Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alvis C Story Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top