Bad
Good

Love this school. Our children have really enjoyed attending Story, and my wife has volunteered in their classes often. I never had a worry watching my children board the bus that they weren't going to have a great day. It says a lot about Story and the Allen community that I don't worry about my kids when they are at school. Great test scores make it a slam dunk in my opinion.

I know that this is only the third day of school, but I must say I can already tell the year is going to be interesting.. On yesterday (the second say of school) I was told by an aide that she would have to sign me in if I wanted to walk my daughter to the cafeteria and that would create a lot of extra work for her.. REALLY?!?!!? I thought that was extremely rude of her to say that to a parent so I decided that I would take this issue up with the principal. Well I have left her 2 voicemails, and I'm still waiting on a call back. We moved to Allen for the great schools... Oh and by the way, she checked me in this morning and it took her all of 20 seconds...

Communications between staff members and between the school and parents is lackluster at best. Have experienced issues where the staff believes there to be a problem, but are working with information that is several weeks old and no longer valid. Children are sent to the office for displinary action, but parents are not notified of incident. Difficult to get in touch with teachers if you are a working parent and cannot go directly to the school and front office staff are not aware of current issues.

This is my daughter's first year here in Kindergarten and she loves it! her teachers are attentive, they actually care! They also do tons of stuff with the parents and host cute things such as around Christmas they held a "storytime" event for the kids and they got to come to school in their pj's. It was great!

I think the school staff themselves rate the school on 'GreatSchools.org'. The school is old and badly maintained. The office staff is rude so are some of the teachers. The kids are not disciplined. Although some teachers are good most of them it seems have a racial issue. My daughter's time at this school was a nightmare. We had to counsel her every night because of the day she had the school. I think it is high time Allen ISD looked into the functioning of this school. Avoid this School if possible.

We moved to Allen from Plano where my second grade gifted student hated going to school. We are very happy at this school. She enjoys going to school every day and the staff is much more interested in the students and is much more caring than at our last school.

The teacher for music and what time she gives for and to these children is outstanding and extra-ordinary. The principle at this school never ever listens to the parent over the teachers and his opinion of them. Unless of course it is only a good opinion. The academics is adequate considering it is an elementary. The accomodations for the special ed classes and their involvement in such is great. The parent involvement is extraordinary.

My children have gone to Story for several years, and love it. The principal is outstanding, as is the music program. Both of my girls have had special needs and I have been impressed with the school's cooperation in this area. I honestly think this is about as good as we could hope for at a public school. You step into the school and there is a great atmosphere, the staff seems to enjoy working there and that makes all the difference. The principal makes an effort to know and relate to each student while still keeping a school that emphasizes learning and high expectations for their students and faculty.

Story Elementary has been a wonderful environment for our child to get instruction, encouragement and support. Most of the teachers have taught over 10 years, and there is very little turnover in the staff. Mr. Junco is a hoot doing crossing guard duty each day. He brings energy and enthusiasm to the students. Mrs. Powell takes time to speak to every student by name. She is the heart and soul of the school. The Music, PE and Art teachers are outstanding. I only wish the staff got more publicity, so the whole community would know what a treasure they have in this school. Thank you to all the staff for making our elementary school years a pleasure.

We have recently moved to Allen from out of state. My fifth grade son attends Story. He loves it! When he is asked about his new school, he responds very positively. Everyone we have encountered has been very nice and supportive.

Last modified Alvis C Story Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.