Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 29, 2015
Thanks to all of the teachers for spending countless hours (after school, at night, and on weekends) to plan the best and most effective lessons for the students! Thank you for caring that much!

Posted September 29, 2015
Green Elementary is an inspiring school based on a culture of kindness and compassion. The entire staff is devoted to meeting the learning needs of ALL students! I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a place that truly cares about the success of students...now and in the future!

Posted May 31, 2015
My daughter spent one year at Green because she was in 6 th grade. We had just moved here to Allen from out of state. Normally, this would be middle school and I was worried she would be set back a year. She actually benefitted from the small class sizes and extra attention from teachers. After school tutoring was offered at no extra cost. Being in the small environment she has gained confidence in herself. I don't like that some 6 th grade teachers were moved up from primary grades and are used to younger students and treated 12 years like 8 years old. Overall, we were please with this school.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 30, 2015
No, I know one parent pulling her kids from the school because of bullying. The parent requested her child be moved to another class and was denied.

Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2015
The principal of the school is the problem. All lip service and no follow through. Many students are leaving for lack of leadership of the school. I have not met a teacher yet that is passionate about teaching students. After talking with principal and her promising to get back with us in a couple of days with resolution to our issue, no call. We called again and another faculty member apologized for the principal "dropping the ball" on our situation. One school year has gone by for my son with promises but no follow through from anyone at the school. Another parent is taking her kids out of school for bullying. That parent requested her son to change classrooms to get away from the bullying and it was not done. We don't want to leave the school, we would like positive changes to occur.

Posted February 10, 2014
Our schools in Allen are awesome! We researched many school districts before choosing Allen. We moved here for the school system, and we couldn't be happier. We have great investment in technology, beginning in the early school grades. The teachers are very responsive and supportive. WE LOVE ALLEN!

Posted February 08, 2014
Teacher is worst and does not pay attention to kids, teacher is getting "old" and comes to work just for paycheck but no passion to teach. Teacher is in her own "world" and does not involve in the class, she scares the kids with "sign filder" and their greatest accomplishment is NOT getting a signed folder. I wish the teacher understands that a generation's future is in her hands and takes pride in doing the job.

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is not equipped for average kids. My kids are very good students who rarely get in trouble but that doesn't seem to be good enough. When I work at the school I hear the teachers praise the students who have parents who work as ER doctors or local surgeons. One teacher even commented on how much harder it must be for that child to get homework done with her daddy busy saving so many lives. Kudos to that daddy but seriously? Are there no other good people out there with busy schedules we can teach our children to admire? And why does the parents occupation need to be discussed in the everyday classroom setting? There's far too much concern at this school with image, money and ego. I prefer my child in a superior academic setting.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is my son's second year at this school. We moved from NY and he started first grade in Ms. Levy's class... she is AMAZING! We were so blessed to have her, she made the transition so easy. This year he s in Ms. Courtney's class and she is a pleasure as well. He has excelled so much. I don't really understand the reviews about unkind parents and staff. I have never had a problem with anyone here, they are always very kind and genuine. I guess if your still in a high school mindset and looking for BFFs at Parent Teacher meetings you may have an issue, but as an adult I rate this school a 5!

Posted July 24, 2013
My son attended this school years ago and we are still dealing with issues from Green elementary that we caused by the cliques. When we first moved into the neighborhood, there was no room in the Green Classes so we had to shuttle him to Norton Elementary. They we very welcoming and team teachers we motivated and caring. Green staff and parents were snooty and only interested in their own self, rather than the students as a whole. Beware!

1315 Comanche Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.