Allen, TX

Posted February 10, 2014
Our schools in Allen are awesome! We researched many school districts before choosing Allen. We moved here for the school system, and we couldn't be happier. We have great investment in technology, beginning in the early school grades. The teachers are very responsive and supportive. WE LOVE ALLEN!

Posted February 08, 2014
Teacher is worst and does not pay attention to kids, teacher is getting "old" and comes to work just for paycheck but no passion to teach. Teacher is in her own "world" and does not involve in the class, she scares the kids with "sign filder" and their greatest accomplishment is NOT getting a signed folder. I wish the teacher understands that a generation's future is in her hands and takes pride in doing the job.

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is not equipped for average kids. My kids are very good students who rarely get in trouble but that doesn't seem to be good enough. When I work at the school I hear the teachers praise the students who have parents who work as ER doctors or local surgeons. One teacher even commented on how much harder it must be for that child to get homework done with her daddy busy saving so many lives. Kudos to that daddy but seriously? Are there no other good people out there with busy schedules we can teach our children to admire? And why does the parents occupation need to be discussed in the everyday classroom setting? There's far too much concern at this school with image, money and ego. I prefer my child in a superior academic setting.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is my son's second year at this school. We moved from NY and he started first grade in Ms. Levy's class... she is AMAZING! We were so blessed to have her, she made the transition so easy. This year he s in Ms. Courtney's class and she is a pleasure as well. He has excelled so much. I don't really understand the reviews about unkind parents and staff. I have never had a problem with anyone here, they are always very kind and genuine. I guess if your still in a high school mindset and looking for BFFs at Parent Teacher meetings you may have an issue, but as an adult I rate this school a 5!

Posted July 24, 2013
My son attended this school years ago and we are still dealing with issues from Green elementary that we caused by the cliques. When we first moved into the neighborhood, there was no room in the Green Classes so we had to shuttle him to Norton Elementary. They we very welcoming and team teachers we motivated and caring. Green staff and parents were snooty and only interested in their own self, rather than the students as a whole. Beware!

Posted July 22, 2013
I've been in this school for several years and absolutely love it. The Counselor is really and truly helpful and the teachers very involved and caring. I would absolutely recommend this school.

Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School 1

Posted January 04, 2013
I have never experienced a school run so poorly from the top down. The principal's primary concern is with being liked instead of running the school. In fact, a small group of parents run the school. The guidance counselor is not any better. The teaching staff is okay. There are some amazing teachers there and then there are those that text during class and only show videos (literally no teaching). In order to get the "good" teachers, you need to be part of the small group that runs the school. And, the children are not friendly as a whole. It is clicky in the way a middle/high school would be. Labels matter. Money matters. Kids just can't be kids. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 31, 2010
My son goes to this school and his teacher so far is okay, but the principal is not. We had to bring my son 5 minutes late in class and they kind of threatened us that if it continues they will have to send us to court for continuous tardiness. I tried to talk to the principal and the assistant principal and try to find a solution for the next couple of days that I would probably bring him late 5 min and they were reluctant to help in any way. They told me that it will affect my sons daily schedule, but sending us to court will be just fine on my son.... I guess!!! I have seen better schools than this one in this area and is unfortunate that he has to be here for this year.

Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2009

Posted October 06, 2009

Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School
1315 Comanche Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flossie Floyd Green Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top