Frances E Norton Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
Our experience at this school was a nightmare. Our special ed student was denied fieldtrips, recess, art, PE, and mainstreaming for the first ten weeks of school due to her teachers interpretation of what was best for her. In spite of legal requirements and parent requests to the contrary. District promptly resolved the situation once they were made aware of the issues. Sadly, Norton was unable to resolve or even recognize their own special ed issues. To their credit, Allen ISD did right by our child at the district level.

Posted October 09, 2013
Norton Elementary has fantastic staff, admin and parents! Students thrive in the open, friendly environment at this school.

Posted August 30, 2013
My school is on fire with student pride and the love for learning! We have awesome teachers that are positive and truly love to help guide our kids to a lifetime love of learning! One area of improvement would be to add some male staff members, especially in the older grade levels.

Posted August 29, 2013
Norton is a great school. The teachers are exceptional and the administration and staff are like no other. The school has every kind of resource and always adding more. Parents are involved with much encouragement. Truly an A+ school all around!

Frances E Norton Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
I think all schools should look at children's successes more, and focus less on what they do not do correctly. For example, if a child forgets a folder or agenda, the teacher shouldn't zap or punish them, but rather show compassion and understanding that they are human and GUIDE them towards strategies that help them remember. A lot of focus goes into the checking in of the materials needed for class, but not into the application of teaching the learning of organizational skills so that these young future citizens actually understand. How many times do adults forget something, and yet we just explain it away, sometimes by even fibbing! I think it is sad when children have anxiety about school, because of this kind of nit picking. Make learning fun and human again!

Posted August 27, 2013
The teachers & staff at Norton remind me of schools when I grew up. Parents are heavily involved, teachers are knowledgeable and the staff is efficient & friendly. I specifically looked for a house in the neighborhood when my child was 2-3 years old because I had heard such good things. I wasn't disappointed! Every day I see so many parents at the school and at lunch time, the Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) are a big hit. There's nothing like seeing a large man over 6ft tall walking in with Kindergartners! It's definitely a positive influence on the students' behavior. We are so lucky to be at such a great school!

Posted August 24, 2013
Norton is an amazing school with a great staff and awesome parent volunteers! My daughter felt at home right away and the front office is so friendly and helpful.

Posted August 24, 2013
My school is AWESOME! We have a great staff of teachers and administrators and a PTA that is among the best in the district. We have an exemplary rating and have a high standard of students.

Posted August 23, 2013
Great teachers who care about the kids.. Lots of resources for the children.. Music and art labs.. Love it

Posted October 12, 2010
The Norton staff is great. They have worked with my son who has ADHD and provided great support and opportunities for him to overcome the challenges he faces. They have listened to my concerns from the beginning and took actions to make sure my son succeeds.

Frances E Norton Elementary School
1120 Newport Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Frances E Norton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances E Norton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top