Allen, TX

Posted August 26, 2014
The staff and leadership at Beverly Elementary is beyond exceptional. I feel privileged that my son has been able to attend this amazing school since kindergarten. He just started 5th grade there this year. Elizabeth Kirby, principal of Beverly Elementary, is a true leader. She sets high standards and expectations for her staff and the children and helps them to succeed. She is dedicated and tireless in her commitment to education. Ms. Kirby hires the best teachers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They are passionate about their role in society as educators. I've never had one concern about leaving my son in their care. He loves going to school and has grown tremendously over the years. They also do an amazing job of disciplining when necessary. With a school full of children age 12 and under there's no doubt that there will be children who attend the school who have disciplinary issues. These teachers are consistent and very communicative if/when they are having any issues with my son. Together we have been able to devise plans over the years that work to correct the issues. I applaud these educators!!!

Posted June 30, 2014
This school seems to teach to standardized testing rather than having a paradigm of teaching the students to learn. A teacher told me that the students even out by 2nd grade. To prepare for the first standardized tests in the 3rd grade, the talented students receive less attention and the lowest performing students received the most attention in order to pass the testing. Very disappointing for a school that "seems" to be good if statistics are to believed.

Posted April 14, 2014
As a former student at this school I am very familiar with the teachers and principal and I can say they have prepared me for everything in the future.I would like to thank the teachers for being with me the whole time and encouraging me. I am know I am very fortunate to have experienced this journey and would like to thank everyone who was there for me! p.s. A big shoutout to Ms.Bohannon (Go Mavs )

Posted January 17, 2014
(Continued) A separate incident occurred when my son fell and hit his head on the concrete after being made to run laps in the school parking lot during P.E. class, and no one bothered to call and tell me. Instead I picked my child up to find him with a bleeding gash on his forehead!! Since moving my child to a different classroom the school year has been slightly better, but this school has already tarnished my former good thoughts from previous years. If your child is lucky enough to get a good teacher, then you will have a great experience with this school. If not, your are in for a terrible year of nitpicking and no educating. Instead, you will be constantly be bombarded with petty calls/emails and constantly scheduling conferences with the teacher, principal and/or counselor. Needless to say I will be moving my child after this school year. Do not send your child here unless you have unlimited time to spend at the school monitoring whether your child is being treated fairly or with unfairness and predjudice.

Posted January 17, 2014
Our experience was great the first two years. This year has been a disaster. If you like constantly being bombarded with calls/emails every time your child so much as breathes too loudly or teachers that physically and emotionally harm your children then this is the school for you! We have gone through two teachers this year because the first felt compelled to jerk my son by his harm and tell him to leave her classroom because she didn't want to look at his face! I got neither a call nor text after this incident though?? After speaking with the principal this particular teacher merely received a verbal reprimand. Even though my child was immediately moved to another classroom, it still frightens me that a person who is responsible for caring for small children thought is was okay to put her hands on a 7 year old. If your are a working-class parent that cannot spend every waking minute at school making sure your child is not in harms way, BEWARE! This could happen to your child as well.

Beverly Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
My son has special needs and we have always felt welcome and included in all aspects of the school

Beverly Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
I love Beverly Elementary because both of my kids learned 'how to learn' and were surrounded by teachers who cared about them as people instead of a number.

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted July 21, 2008
My children attend Beverly Elementary, and I have been thrilled with their education! The teachers go above and beyond to get to know each student's academic strengths and develop any areas of concern through individualized instruction. The entire school also encourages positive character development such as honor, integrity, courage, compassion, and determination. I truly feel Beverly is a partner in my raising well-rounded children.

Posted January 16, 2008
I'm a student here at Beverly, and I feel like Beverly is one of the best schools I've ever been to. I mean c'mon, who doesn't want to be in awesome enviroment and around wonderful teachers and students?? Hats of to the Beverly Staff, and especially our principal, Mrs. Kirby! She keeps this great school up and running! She deserves that Blue Ribbon! Keep it up!

Beverly Elementary School
715 Duchess Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Beverly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beverly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top