Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)

Posted October 23, 2015
Overcrowded. Not enough rooms, not enough teachers, not enough learning. I'm surprised why people give it high ratings? To sell houses? Kids only take few subjects every day as there aren't enough teachers or rooms to accommodate everyone. It's like part time school. My senior is home by 1pm, my niece who attends Jasper, takes a zero hour class before school then school from 9-4.15. It seems that she is going to a first world school and mine to a third world school.

Lowery Freshman Center
Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 31, 2015
The students have block schedules with A/B days. Not every class gave homework . I felt they should have had more.

Lowery Freshman Center 4

Posted May 31, 2015
My son was new to the Allen school district. We moved from out of state and liked the idea of a Freshman only school. The school met all our expectations. Class sizes were small to average size. Teachers communicated through email and web sites. Every teacher was accessible this way. I always knew the grades online. The hallways were always crowded as was the lunch room. Even though this school is crowded, I felt they had plenty of staff to handle the kids. My son felt safe at school, no gangs, no violence, and no theft. Lots of opportunity for extra activities. Teachers offered tutoring all the time, throughout the year. My son was also on the Freshman football team which turned out to be a great experience. Overall we were pleased and looking forward to the high school.

Posted April 13, 2015
Personally, this school is terrible with teaching. Especially in the Algebra department. My child has been taught by subs all year long rather than the actual teacher. These subs did not do much when it came to lessons. They just passed out papers and that's it. It is stressful to have to see my kid and I'm sure many others experience this.

Lowery Freshman Center 5

Posted August 09, 2014
The school has many programs and great teachers that can personally help a child wen they are struggling. The school could use a little more pace but Lowery keeps their kids under control. I have had a great experience with the school.

Posted September 05, 2013
The school is far overcrowded! A teacher told my child that the 2013-14 Freshman class has 1,785 students. Allen continues to grow with more subdivisions and houses popping up everywhere. The school requires security guards in the hallways just to direct the flow of students between classes. The hallways are wall-to-wall students, standing, simply waiting to be able to walk to their next class. We can build a $60 million football stadium, but we can't build a facility large enough to adequately school our 9th grade class? Some Freshman classes are held at the high school during the day, requiring students to be bused back and forth all day. It is not unusual for my child to be 20 minutes late to the next class, due to buses being late.

Posted November 15, 2012
This school is very crowded and has no regard for inappropriate language used by the students. The cafeteria staff were very disrespectful to me and others if they did not bring their student id cards for check out. Also i practically teache myself by watching videos links and notes at home. I can assume teachers are either lazy or they are complemented with too many students. I have been hearing fights at or around campus almost everyweek. Drug problems are almost nonexistent to staffs knowledge or either staff does not care. This school is not apprpriate for your child i highly advise to not attend at all.

Posted February 22, 2011
My 2nd child is currently attending Lowery and I am saddened to say that the school has gone down hill. The school is very overcrowded and the previous post is on target with the "tutoring". "Tutoring" is nothing more than make up time. In science lab, kids sit on the counter because there are not enough seats. There seems to be a problem with teacher retention. In one class alone, my child is on his 3rd teacher. The school seems to follow a prison based model and is focused more on problem kids whereas good students are not encouraged much. There is also a huge drug problem in this school and not much is done about it. In addition, kids are forced to do "group projects" with kids that are involved with drugs.. My 3rd child will not be attending this school as I do not believe it is safe nor is it an academically focused environment.

Posted January 12, 2011
Some teachers at this school really need to consider attending an extended learning class on how to effectively teach and how to hold an effective tutoring class. Tutoring shoulld be the time when the teacher help the student understand the areas in which they struggle; not just allow the students to just re-take a test or finish classwork. There are also teachers that discourage rather encourage. I would not recommend anyone that I love or adore that have a 9th grader, to attend this school if you can help it. I'm very unhappy with the education that my child is receiving from this school.

Lowery Freshman Center 3

Posted May 30, 2007
Great academic programs. Staff very supportive to students needs. They need to find another spot for the administration office. The students need more space to move between classes. With the move update auditorium and bathrooms.

Lowery Freshman Center
601 East Main Street, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Lowery Freshman Center is a Public school that serves grade 9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowery Freshman Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top