Allen, TX

Posted November 06, 2013
Great help with my 2 sons 504 for adhd. Teachers go above and beyond. PtA very involved. Programs are robust and more and more positive momentum in regards to parental involvment.

Bolin Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2013
Bolin is a fabulous school unless your student has any sort of learn disability. School and its leadership has no clue how to administer, manage or document a 54 program. If your child has a learning disability, be prepared to be frustrated. AISD as a whole is excellent. But, they have issues to deal with regarding FAPE.

Posted September 07, 2012
I love Bolin! I have a student in Kindergarten and was very hesitant about public schools. The teachers were extremely comforting during the transition in the first few weeks. My child comes home raving about the wonderful day they had and all the fun things they did! They cannot wait to go back the next day. As a parent, that brings me such piece of mind and I could not be more thankful to those teachers who are giving my child a love of learning as they are starting their foundation in education. I'm also very impressed with all the technology they are incorporating into the classroom. I look forward to what is to come and know that there is no other place I would want my child to be than at Bolin.

Posted April 13, 2012
Bolin is a well-run, excellent school. The teachers are amazing and the amount of emphasis placed on the children's SELF ESTEEM is beyond anything I have ever seen in an elementary school. We absolutely LOVE Bolin. The parent and PTA involvement is fabulous!!!! Proud to be a Bolin Blazer and looking forward to several more years of Blazer pride!

Bolin Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2012
Not real impressed with Bolin Elementary. We moved from the east coast and the residents raved about Allen ISD and Bolin in particular. My child is in kindergarden and the concepts they are learning now are things she learned when she was 3-4 years old. I know that coming from the east coast there would be a change school wise but this is rediculous. My child is not challenged at all in this school. The Gifted & Talented program is also a joke. They meet for a total of 30 min PER WEEK. At best (at higher grades) the max time per week is 2 1/2 hrs per week. Not at all what I expected from the Texas school system. Also, noticed this little tid bit, the more you are involved with your child at the school the better the grades they will receive. Never been around something like this in my life.

Posted May 02, 2010

Posted September 18, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
I submitted my first child into Bolin when we first moved to Allen. He loved Mrs. Wykoff, she was a very caring teahcer. After his first year there, I sent my first grader there. Mr. Holley was very nice, and she said the only thing she didn't like was having to wake up at seven! All of the staff was nice to my children, even the bus drivers were nice! They said they would never forget Bus 60!

Posted April 22, 2008
Bolin Elementary is a fantastic school. I come from a family of educators and wondered if this school would meet my expectations. Bolin has exceeded them. The staff is wonderful! My child looks forward to school everyday and hurries to do her homework when she gets home because she likes it so much.

Bolin Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2008
The teachers are fantastic. My kids love them. The only complaint that I have is the same as a previous poster. My child that needs help is definitely getting it, but my child that needs to be challenged is not. I do wish that the school (administration possibly) would allow me to take my kids out of school for enrichment, but I was told that is not possible.

Bolin Elementary School
5705 Cheyenne Drive, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Bolin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bolin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top