Posted August 27, 2014
This school is really fun..... Whenever I went to middle school a couple of years ago,I felt like I wanted to run away from middle school, and just go back into Kerr elementary! that is how much fun/memories are there !!! I cried because I wanted to go back to that place Kerr ! I always did feel that urge to go back..to the really fun place Kerr elementary... The teachers are really nice and take care of you very well.. This school gives you a very nice environment to work... Let me tell you their #1 priority is keeping children safe....... Please go to this school.....

Posted March 12, 2014
This school is great. My kid has been here in the past 5 years from kindergarden to 5th grade. It makes me feel great every morning to say goodbye to her and watch her going to Kerr happily.

Posted January 23, 2013
I now have a Kindergartner and a 3rd grader at this school - the few times we have had concerns regarding our 3rd graders progress, the teachers were very quick to provide assistance and help us enhance her progress. If you read through the reviews - most of the reviews focus on lack of parental involvement. I think it's important to understand the differences in "parental involvement". First and foremost, there are several moms up at the school 20+ hours a week - volunteering in PTA, room mom, etc... I work full time, but do manage to be a room mom and have lunch with my kids at least 2 times a month on stage (cafeteria). Then, there are the moms that feel they are more educated than the teachers and they know best in how to teach children. These are where the negative comments are coming from. Parents need to put their children in a school that will teach their children, then, for any gaps in education, it is the parents responsibility to enhance academic learning at home. In short, the school administration will not let you sit in your child's class and interrupt with your way of teaching. If you are looking for that - this school is not for you.

Posted December 19, 2012
I am a retiring school teacher from another district whose daughter teaches at Kerr Elementary. Not all schools are wonderful to their teachers, but Kerr sounds like the kind of school I would love to have taught in myself--supportive parents, supportive administration, kind students, supportive co-workers. To the few bad-apple parents who think the school ought to be focused on you and willing to work with you and willing to help your child and willing to blah blah blah--you are clueless. I know you. I've had your children through the last thirty-two years. They are just like you--spoiled, selfish, lazy, and think that the world revolves around them. Grow up. Thank you, Kerr Elementary, for treating my daughter so well and making me even more proud of education in north Texas, some of the best schools in the nation!

Kerr Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2012
So far this year there have been three BASIC science issues that have come to my attention. No luck discussing it with the teachers because they do not know what they don't know. My children like the teachers because they are "nice". Nice does not equal competence.

Posted September 25, 2012
I have had two kids attend Kerr elementary school and each one had an extraordinary learning experience. My kids were challenged in their scholastics and well supported by the teachers. This is a very positive and safe learning environment for students.

Kerr Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
The principal actions suggest that she considers parents to be intruders in HER school. There is no attitude of partnership with parents on behalf of the students or administration. If you want to help out at your child's school, if you believe education must be a partnership between you and the teacher, then Kerr is not where you should be.

Posted April 30, 2012
This school is awesome. My daughter is a 3rd grader and she has been in this school since Kindergarden. We are very pleased how much she loves this school, her teacher and her friends there.

Kerr Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
Have appreciated the support provided by Abbey Weinstein in working through IEP's. Very supportive and helpful.

Posted August 02, 2011
Kerr is an amazing school. The Principal is very far and works well with the parents and kids. You have to remember she is there to take care of the children and she does the best job I have ever seen. I am very involved in this wonderful school and I am so happy we are there! If you are looking for a great school with good teacher and a great principal then this is your school!

Kerr Elementary School
1325 Glendover Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Kerr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kerr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top