Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted November 19, 2015
I think it is absolutely awesome that the principal stands and greets every single student who walks through the door. She does this every day with a smile and an extremely pleasant disposition. She takes a couple extra minutes to ask how the students are doing. It sets the tone for the day and sends a message to the students that they matter. Great job!

Posted December 13, 2013
This seems like a jealous parent is posting something on here not letting something go. That is so sad. Sounds like she wants to try and make bad posts to bring the overall rating down. :(

Alvarado J High School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
Bullying is a huge issue. Staff has CLEARLY gone above and beyond to cover their butt in this writing the same review over and over. Bullying is a huge issue at this school. Yes the principal is nice but overlooking bullying is unacceptable! You teachers don't care about the kids when you DISMISS the bullying! Get a grip and FIX the problem STOP COVERING UP and hiding the truth! Eventually all these things will come to light!

Posted December 04, 2013
this school has been the best for me. You can go to any teacher and they will give you the help you need. Our principal greets all of us everyday with a smile and I know she wants us here. She helped me when people were being mean. She helps everybody. She got me involved in Wiz Quiz and now I feel good.

Posted December 04, 2013
Lately, all I have heard are people bashing this school. I felt my heart lift when I read the comments here. It is not a profession I entered to be wealthy. There are countless hours and dollars spent outside the school day by teachers and staff to make the learning experience a little better for the kids. I have spent my entire teaching career, 29 years, at this school. We are a family and kids that enter our doors are our children, too. We protect, support, celebrate, and cry with them while they are here and for years after they are gone.

Posted December 03, 2013
The administrators, office staff and faculty at AJHS are the most caring group of people. We put our students first. Most of our staff will use their lunch times to sit with students to get them caught up on work or tutor them. All of them do whatever it takes to help children succeed, feel safe and develop into young adults. Parents get upset with office staff at times, but please remember we are here to keep your students safe at all times. We do not mean to upset you but we are following procedures. At every campus we are always seeking ways to improve and do what is best for our students success.

Posted February 28, 2012
We are new to the area but I already see a huge difference between this school and the former school in the same county (different city). That is a really good thing. So far the teachers and special education staff seem very accessible and helpful. Most understand our frustration and are working with us on our needs. It is very much appreciated. So far so good and everyday I speak to a staff member I feel more and more confident they are going to help my kids be succesful and that is a great feeling. I am not familiar with parental involvement yet, But i would like to be a part of anything I can and hope we are notified of such things to come. The principal seems very caring and helpful as well. She seems to understand where we are coming from.

Posted May 14, 2009
this scool is very understanding and supportive.

Posted September 20, 2008
I work at Alvarado Jr. High, and I havent been there long. But I have witnessed great leadership, Teachers do care about the kids and do everything in their power to make all kids successful. I do see lack of parent involvement. Some parents do not care enough to make sure their child is successful as well. And as you know it takes EVERYONE to help kids become successful.

Alvarado J High School
P O Box 387, Alvarado, TX  76009
Last modified Alvarado J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alvarado J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top