Bad
Good

In my opinion I love this school. Things changed this year and I so miss the previous principal not because the new one is bad or anything I just don't know here yet. I have not gotten to know the principal yet, but I do like the ladies in the office a lot. They know me when I come in. I love my child's teacher this year & last. Even teachers my child doesn't have know me and when I see them in the community they are always pleasant! I enjoy going in to eat lunch. My only issue that isn't really an issue is the fact I never get called to volunteer. I so want to be a part of that and I never get the opportunity to help out. I would love to come to the school and help do things and make the teachers lives easier! oh, and this year they stopped posting pictures for us online, I am not sure why but I did enjoy seeing them, it made me feel like I was part of their day! The school tries to help the community too with its donations for various agencies!

Been pretty good and better than other schools our older son attended. We just had one start kindergarten the 2012-2013 school year and my wife volunteers a lot. the staff is pretty nice. Going to miss Ms. Early though. I noticed she will not be there for next year.

So far so good. We are new to the area and my son has started kindergarten here. We have a wonderful experienced teacher who is the most patient, caring teacher I've ever had the experience of dealing with. (I have other children). The teacher he has makes sure we are informed of all the goings on in the school and has always been open for meetings, questions, and concerns. The principal has also been very easy to talk to and we have made a quick appt with her and everything was fine. They were very supportative of our needs for our son and help meet them so far. We are very happy with them at this point. The support staff is also very wonderful. the ladies in the office are kind and talk to you and try to get to know you and the teacher's aids are very good with teh kids too. So far we have not had anything signifigant come up and very blessed and thankful for that. I would like to see more parent supported activities and trying new things to help support the teachers. Currently that is not quite what I would hope for.

Last modified Alvarado El-South is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.