Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Manvel High School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2015
Manvel has potential. If you want to do well in it, you will, just like any other school. The best part about Manvel is that there are so many opportunities to be successful. If you take honors classes, and AP when available, you'll receive a quality education from quality teachers in a nice learning environment. There's a plethora of extracurriculars to choose from: choir, band, clubs, academics and don't get me started on sports! The thing that plagues Manvel, though is the student body. Most kids come because they have to, not because they want to learn, and it's evident in their performance. There are lots of drugs, fights, noisy classrooms, and sex in this school, as well as a negative attitude towards learning, which is the most potent. A ton of the kids as are dumb as rocks, but they should weed themselves out of the good classes after freshman year. The last thing is that the underemphasis of education when compared to athletics. All the administration cares about is sports; academics and the arts get little recognition. All in all, Manvel is only a good school for those who are already good at school. We students at the top can distance ourselves from the bottom, but there's not much room for a middle.

Manvel High School 3

Posted June 17, 2015

Manvel High School 2

Posted March 18, 2015
Academics seem to be undervalued to sports. I have heard from fellow students about a drug trade going on. Every passing period you will see at least 3-5 couples kissing and exhibiting publicly inappropriate behavior. Many of the students live far away from the school and have to commute 20-30 from Shadow Creek Ranch or Southern Trails in Pearland. The PBL (Project-Based Learning) system in my science class discourages further learning and questions from students. In my 8th grade science class, my teacher, Mrs. Brian, taught us things that we would have to pay hundreds of dollars for to learn in college and performed some fascinating experiments for our class to hook us to the new topics. Now my science class is loud and is filled with more conversation than with learning (I, too, have done my share of goofing off). There is a lot of fighting going on and there is even a twitter account themed with fights in Manvel High School. The teachers are average, some great.

Posted April 24, 2014
I love everything about manvel they aways encourage you to succed and make sure everything is right when you need it to be. i love manvel like everything about it thats all i can say. I LOVE YOU MANVEL HIGH SCHOOL

Posted October 08, 2013
The best food served here, great work to the kitchen staff. Hope to be back soon.

Posted October 06, 2013
Manvel, in my opinion, is school! The diversity is amazing, and thats what most schools lack. Dress code is understanderble (any color polo , jeans or shorts.) They also provide lockers, this helps me when ever i have to much in my backpack. They have everything you'd want to do in after school activites, and they dont, they'll help you find whats similar to it without forcing you to something wouldnt like. 7:25am - 2:50pm, 53 minute classes. The school is just outstanding :)

Posted June 25, 2013
Manvel is an excellent school. It is run like a well-oiled machine. The different sports and activities for the students are outstanding!!!

Posted June 02, 2012
As an involved student at Manvel I can tell you that Manvel is a fantastic place to go to school! Some of these other reviews make it out to seem worse than it actually is. I love Manvel! Extracurricular activities at Manvel are great, and sports are wonderful, especially football! As for academics, Manvel has some of the top Dual Credit, pre AP, and AP programs in the country due to great teachers within the advanced courses taught. There are a few knuckleheads, as there are in every school, but overall, the teacher and administrators keep things under control. I truly enjoy attending Manvel High School and believe it's about as good a school as it gets! HOKA HEY!!!

Manvel High School 4

Posted August 04, 2010
People are saying some pretty harsh things about Manvel High school and they fail to see the bright side. As far as the teachers not caring about our education, I guess it really depends on what teachers you're talking about. Majority of the teachers are fun and know how to handle and teach a class. As for drugs and sports; I have to agree that sports are more put up front than the actual education. And kids who do drugs put a bad image for our school, but this is not the administrations fault. It's all about parenting

Posted August 04, 2010
This school makes me excited about Education. I find myself dreading the long summer months and waiting for August to be over. The teachers are amazing, and inspire me to a great extent. Especially the art teachers, of which all the schools I've been to, are the greatest. Mr.Bettge inspired me to maybe someday have a career in art. All in all, I love this school. It's felt more like home to me than any other place ever has. I am saddened by the bad reviews, but I guess this amazing school just isn't for everyone :)

Manvel High School
301 East House Street, Alvin, TX  77511
Last modified Manvel High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manvel High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top