Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)

Posted November 18, 2015
Honestly, the Wilder Elementay has improved dramatically since my oldest one was in kindergarten 5 years ago. He is now a 5th grader and I also have a 2nd grader. I truly appreciate our principal's, Mrs. Flowers, leadership. She is an experienced educator and came with high energy and great vision. Under her leadership in the last couple years, our school's overall rating has increased a lot (rated by a third party). In fact, I believe it is the best elementary school in the Alvin ISD now. Not only the school rating, I hardly hear any negative incidents or behavioral issues happened in school. It seems everyone (leaders, staff, faculty, parents and students) in the school works well with each other. Even the front desk and the cafeteria personnel are very nice. My both sons are in cluster classes. The cluster classes blend the GT students with high performance students together which is something I like. Both groups of students have positive influence with each others. Even my sons are not GT, they do well academically with positive attitudes. I can tell they like being in the cluster class and are trying to work hard to stay in it every year. Wilder, thank you so much and hope you continues to thrive and do well.

Posted August 04, 2015
My kindergarten son had issue with one student taking his snack and end up eating popcorn with another student who was good enough to share. As soon as my son told me about it. I wrote letter to my son's teacher and Kudos to Miss Connelly for addressing the issue the same day. Kids involved were talked too and parents were notified after they made their own investigation. I hope the rest of the teachers and staff at Wilder will continue to support and protect our kids in all grade levels.

Posted April 27, 2015
We are pleased with Wilder, it's Principals and it's faculty/staff. Our student population numbers are down this year, since the district mandated rezoning, to 730 students. I can't say enough about Principal Flowers! She is professional with parents and loving with students. She is a stellar Principal who expects the utmost from her teachers and staff and she swiftly solves any problems that may arise. I've had a child at each grade level within this school and I am pleased with the way it is run and the way in which the curriculum is facilitated! Recent stats show that Wilder is the number 1 rated elementary school in Shadow Creek Ranch! Go Wilder!

Posted February 27, 2015
The Staff is great and the activities improved a lot in the past 3 years, love it absolutely.

Posted January 20, 2015
It's only one star cause they won't allow you to leave it blank. The communication at this school is BY FAR the absolute worst. They are constantly saying things are sent home when they are not & if you email/call, it's like you're inconviencing them.

Posted July 29, 2014
Again, I am not a teacher at Wilder, I'm a parent who is also a classroom teacher. In my experience, many parents expect miracles from teachers and administrators; by the way, we expect the same thing of ourselves. I, in no way, intend to make this a negative exchange; so I would really encourage you to take the time now to speak with the administration at the school before classes begins. Please advocate for your child, teachers and administrators appreciate that. Ask specific questions and speak to specific examples so that they can be addressed with their staff. I advocate for my kids and it works.

Laura Ingalls Wilder 2

Posted July 28, 2014
Usually people pay higher taxes thinking that school will have best teachers and administrators. However, unfortunately, there are not too many good teachers at this school. The Principal and teachers should be realize that this community expects a lot from this school. Only the the best administrators and teachers should be left to work here and rest should fire themsleves or take proper trainings to improve themselves. Also, it seems that every time a negative review is posted by a parent, some school staff writes a positive review about this school. Again as I said earlier, parents expects a lot from this school which is the only good thing so far. Hopefully this next year, we parents can work together and write to the new superintendent (who is yet to be hired) about bad/lazy teachers and administrators.

Posted May 16, 2014
My children currently attend L.E. Wilder and each year the school continue to get worse. The school is over crowed with over 900, the 3rd grades are portables so when it rains they have to do their classwork in the hallways. The teachers do not have the proper training on how to deal with large classes, so when a child acts the whole class is punish. The City of Pearland continues to allow apartments to be built around Shadow Creek so the regardless of having news school being built it will continue to be over crowed. The residence of Shadow Creek and the surrounding sub-divisions pay over $8000 in taxes for bad teachers and over crowed schools. Principal Flowers was elected principal of the year by Alvin ISD shows the favoritism that is played in the district. I would say 70% of the people who has a child at Wilder is wondering how that even happen since a lot of parents including myself have complain about various incidents at the school. We believe that she was picked because of the current rezoning in Shadow Creek. If you are not in good graces with the Principal your child will be retaliate on. They will not get pick or recognize for anything they do. Horrible School.

Posted April 13, 2014
As a former student of Wilder I can say that many reviews are far from the truth. The staff is excellent. They know how to motivate students and strive to get us to perform at our best. From what I can remember, communication was superb. We always received letters from staff to bring to our parents. The academics blew the other schools away. At UIL, a state academic competition program, the kids at Wilder annihilated the competition, even winning over "the school next door" and my other former school, Marek. The only issue that comes to mind is overcrowding and traffic. Back in '11, we had about 1000 kids. There were maybe a dozen "T" buildings, and an overwhelming majority of us were car riders. Every one lived very close to the school, so the district was not obligated to provide bus transportation. The car rider line may very well have stretched for a mile. However, with the new Glen(n?) York Elementary and another one opening up this year, the traffic and overcrowding issues should be ameliorated.

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is horrible! The principal is horrible. The teachers are lazy. This school has very poor communication. I would not recommend this school. Parent

Laura Ingalls Wilder
301 East House Street, Alvin, TX  77511
Last modified Laura Ingalls Wilder is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.