Alvin, TX

Posted April 27, 2015
We are pleased with Wilder, it's Principals and it's faculty/staff. Our student population numbers are down this year, since the district mandated rezoning, to 730 students. I can't say enough about Principal Flowers! She is professional with parents and loving with students. She is a stellar Principal who expects the utmost from her teachers and staff and she swiftly solves any problems that may arise. I've had a child at each grade level within this school and I am pleased with the way it is run and the way in which the curriculum is facilitated! Recent stats show that Wilder is the number 1 rated elementary school in Shadow Creek Ranch! Go Wilder!

Posted February 27, 2015
The Staff is great and the activities improved a lot in the past 3 years, love it absolutely.

Posted January 20, 2015
It's only one star cause they won't allow you to leave it blank. The communication at this school is BY FAR the absolute worst. They are constantly saying things are sent home when they are not & if you email/call, it's like you're inconviencing them.

Posted July 29, 2014
Again, I am not a teacher at Wilder, I'm a parent who is also a classroom teacher. In my experience, many parents expect miracles from teachers and administrators; by the way, we expect the same thing of ourselves. I, in no way, intend to make this a negative exchange; so I would really encourage you to take the time now to speak with the administration at the school before classes begins. Please advocate for your child, teachers and administrators appreciate that. Ask specific questions and speak to specific examples so that they can be addressed with their staff. I advocate for my kids and it works.

Posted July 28, 2014
Usually people pay higher taxes thinking that school will have best teachers and administrators. However, unfortunately, there are not too many good teachers at this school. The Principal and teachers should be realize that this community expects a lot from this school. Only the the best administrators and teachers should be left to work here and rest should fire themsleves or take proper trainings to improve themselves. Also, it seems that every time a negative review is posted by a parent, some school staff writes a positive review about this school. Again as I said earlier, parents expects a lot from this school which is the only good thing so far. Hopefully this next year, we parents can work together and write to the new superintendent (who is yet to be hired) about bad/lazy teachers and administrators.

Posted May 16, 2014
My children currently attend L.E. Wilder and each year the school continue to get worse. The school is over crowed with over 900, the 3rd grades are portables so when it rains they have to do their classwork in the hallways. The teachers do not have the proper training on how to deal with large classes, so when a child acts the whole class is punish. The City of Pearland continues to allow apartments to be built around Shadow Creek so the regardless of having news school being built it will continue to be over crowed. The residence of Shadow Creek and the surrounding sub-divisions pay over $8000 in taxes for bad teachers and over crowed schools. Principal Flowers was elected principal of the year by Alvin ISD shows the favoritism that is played in the district. I would say 70% of the people who has a child at Wilder is wondering how that even happen since a lot of parents including myself have complain about various incidents at the school. We believe that she was picked because of the current rezoning in Shadow Creek. If you are not in good graces with the Principal your child will be retaliate on. They will not get pick or recognize for anything they do. Horrible School.

Posted April 13, 2014
As a former student of Wilder I can say that many reviews are far from the truth. The staff is excellent. They know how to motivate students and strive to get us to perform at our best. From what I can remember, communication was superb. We always received letters from staff to bring to our parents. The academics blew the other schools away. At UIL, a state academic competition program, the kids at Wilder annihilated the competition, even winning over "the school next door" and my other former school, Marek. The only issue that comes to mind is overcrowding and traffic. Back in '11, we had about 1000 kids. There were maybe a dozen "T" buildings, and an overwhelming majority of us were car riders. Every one lived very close to the school, so the district was not obligated to provide bus transportation. The car rider line may very well have stretched for a mile. However, with the new Glen(n?) York Elementary and another one opening up this year, the traffic and overcrowding issues should be ameliorated.

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is horrible! The principal is horrible. The teachers are lazy. This school has very poor communication. I would not recommend this school. Parent

Posted January 29, 2014
This school has horrible communication. Emailed the principal repeatedly about my child being bullied and only got one email in return on the subject. A "we'll investigate" response that I am now beginning to think was just to shut me up. Even when I would see the principal in person, she never mentioned what actions she has taken, or planned on taking. But had no problem reminding me it's fundraiser night at Longhorn Steakhouse. Bullying is a major issue in schools and whether my child be the bully, or the one being bullied, I expect adequate action to stop it. There was none taken. Fundraisers. If you plan on enrolling your child into Wilder, also plan on signing over your paychecks. Money matters most here. And nothing else. Oh wait, test scores do. But that's so they can get more money. I have lost such faith in this school, we have already checked our children out and began homeschooling. I am now starting from scratch.

Posted March 21, 2013
I also had high hopes for the school because of the amount of taxes we pay to live here. This is our second year. The first year was good, but 1st grade has been anything but good. Teachers do not seem to care about the students here. The work ethic of the teachers if horrible. My kid always has at least one teacher absent once a week. The classwork seems to not even be challenging for my kid and parent involvement is very low if you are not in the class where all the PTO kids are. The new principal is nice, but she has a big job to do here in order to turn this school around.

Laura Ingalls Wilder
301 East House Street, Alvin, TX  77511
Last modified Laura Ingalls Wilder is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laura Ingalls Wilder Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top