Bad
Good

Posted June 23, 2013
Passmore was a life-saver for my children! My children went to another elementary school in the district, before we requested a transfer. The fifth grade team re-ignited my son's love of learning and made sure he was prepared to succeed in junior high pre-ap classes. My daughter has significant medical needs and they made her (and her nurse) feel welcome. They also made sure that she was held accountable for her academics to the best of her ability. They went above and beyond when she was in the hospital for a procedure. Several teachers called on their own time to visit and keep her spirits up. One of her teachers and the LSSP came to the hospital to visit her after a procedure and make sure understood a game that had been taught, so she would be ready when she returned to school. The only thing I would do differently, is buy a home in their attendance zone, so our children could start from day one at Passmore.

Melba Passmore Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
Awful school, son is in prek, I was told on first day if he wasn't at the proper table he would have to find his own way to class! His first school! Then has scratches on his face, 4 deep finger nail scratches all across his face and his teacher didn't even notice, write a note or could tell me how it happened. A few months ago he came home with a black eye and more nail scratches, again no note and she flat out told me she didn't know. She even put him in my car that day. Principle told me she will "try" to find out what happened. My son is also being secluded from the rest of the class on a daily basis. And having privileges taken away that won't even happen for an entire week as a result of one bad day. When sent to the principle she told me he sat in her office all day alone bc she went to a meeting!!! I wasn't even notified! He also was almost sent home on the bus when he was suppose to be a car rider. He won't ve going there next year, that's how bad it is.

Melba Passmore Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2011
This an awful school! My son went here last year in PK. The only thing he learned at this school was knuckle bump. One day they sent him home with walkers instead of car riders (4 yrs old). He was unattended for almost 20 minutes walking between 4 busy roads (some students brought him back). One time he got in trouble, they sent him to the principal to stare at a sad face for 15 minutes, when I went to pick him up they had lost him again. They keep all the car riders outside regardless of the weather even though there is a huge hallway there.

Posted August 24, 2011
My children and I love this school. Teachers and staff are great. My son was bullied last year and his teacher immediately took action.

Posted May 02, 2009
Plenty of extra activities & the teachers are great! My child is in an advanced 2nd grade class and I am so amazed at what they learn!!!

Posted May 28, 2003
I have one child at Passmore in the 3rd grade. I am very happy with the quality of education and the way the school has handled discipline with a focus on aiding my child's future success. I am also very happy with the teacher's and counselor's cooperation with me as a parent. Working together, we are making a positive impact in my child's life and setting the stage for my child's future educational and life-skills success. A heartfelt thank you to the school staff for a caring about the student as an individual.

Melba Passmore Elementary School
301 East House Street, Alvin, TX  77511
Last modified Melba Passmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.