Amarillo, TX
Students enrolled: 1,511

Randall High School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is completely unorganized and the cares more about money than anything and are always trying to get students into court without trying to help there students an do not care about confiditionality

Randall High School 2

Posted November 05, 2013
This is an unorganized campus with an overcrowded commons area when you first enter, where all grade level students stand and walk and jump about, and mingle, but do not seem to be watched at all. The students come and go through doors I'm sure they are not supposed to be using. They have one school psychologist that runs IEP meetings on at least three campuses including the high school and it's the same with the resource room teacher who duals as the only student counselor for several schools, over 1300 students! I have yet to meet an official general education teacher, although I've been there eight times, and for more than two hours each visit. I've many para type educators. The school needs to hire more student counselor professionals, and more persons capable of running an IEP meeting. I'd say the frequency of students in the hallway is an indicator something is not right. I have never seen a Principle in the lunch room, or hallway, or main office. Safety is certainly an issue as students come and go without the use of a metal detector, not wise in gun loving rural Texas. I'm just worried about what appears to be a lack of adult supervision and student free 4 all!

Posted August 24, 2013
Randall High is an excellent school.The teachers really care about their students,and they go out of their way to help them in any way possible.I would not send my kids to any other school In the Amarillo.Canyon area.

Posted June 09, 2013
A great place to prepare for college. Full slate of AP classes and well trained teachers in all of them, Ended up with 30+ hours of credit from AP courses in Calc, Physics, History, English, Chemistry, Biology, Govt & Economics. Great music and theatrical program as well.

Randall High School 1

Posted July 25, 2011
This school has had problems with drugs and fighting in the halls. One incident was so severe, my teen was afraid. The other teens have complained of bullying and no response from admin

Randall High School 3

Posted May 29, 2009
The school altogether is average, but lacking in a few sectors. The foreign language department for example has only one foreign language which is Spanish. What about the other students who want to learn the most universal European languages like French and German? Too much attention is given to athletics which is not that important. So maybe one or two athletes get a scholarship, the other football champs learn how to pump gas because no attention was given to academics. The only honor club present at Randall is Key Club, no National Honor Society, and no International Clubs either. The campus is also filled with litter due to the lack of student care for their campus. The school needs help.

Posted November 20, 2008
Randall High School, is a school that every one wants to go to. We have exceptionally good teaching and coaching staff. We are the home to two consectutive football district champion ships. And defending state wrestling champs. I love Randall

Posted July 10, 2008
I play football at Randall High and I love it. But the schooling that Randall provides definately needs improvement.

Randall High School 3

Posted October 18, 2007
I graduated from Randall in 2004, and when I came to college, I felt pretty behind compared to most people in my class. My teachers at Randall were great, but I find the overall leadership of the administration and the board somewhat lacking. When I was there, the AP program and foreign language department were both kind of a joke...we watched The Price is Right every day in AP Economics. I'm glad I had this educational experience to compare to my college experience, but it's hard to catch up at a good university unless you're a real self-starter.

Randall High School 4

Posted October 28, 2005
RHS is a good school. Many academic programs available along with clubs, sports, music, etc. My daughter enjoys attending RHS. The only problem I have with RHS and CISD is the money waisted on the new cafeteria set. It is money that should have been use to develope a healthier lunch program.

Randall High School
5800 Attebury Drive, Amarillo, TX  79118
Last modified Randall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Randall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top