Amarillo, TX

Posted August 29, 2014
We moved to Amarillo one year ago and have had a wonderful experience at Bonham! The principal and staff are very caring, communicate well with parents and have been very supportive and accessible. The theater arts teacher and Pre-AP math teachers for 7th grade were especially amazing! We feel our son is being very well prepared for high school and college with his foundation at Bonham.

Bonham Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2014
The teachers at this school are the reason teachers catch a bad name and why teacher pay is so low. They do not seem to care about the student with the exception of a couple. The counselors are pretty helpful. And the principal is by far the worst principal I have had to deal with from the time I was in school all the way through till my son started to attend school at Bonham. He only got one star on the rating because I had to pick one. If your student has any kind of learning flaw this is the worst school you can send them to. And I suggest you look at other schools before being forced to enroll your student at Bonham!

Posted August 04, 2009
The school, facilities, teachers, for the most part were nice. However, the kids are not very accepting and welcoming to new students. That's not to say everyone is like this there... It is somewhat of a middle school usual.

Posted June 21, 2009
I started attending the middle school when i entered the seventh grade. i felt it was the best school i could of attended concidering the teachers and the surrounding middle schools in amarillo. I had great years and great experiences with teachers, with memories to last.

Posted February 10, 2009
I've been to this school and i'm very proud to say this is one of the best schools! All the teachers are very nice and welcoming. I rate this school five stars out of five stars. :D

Bonham Middle School

Posted June 28, 2007
My son attended bonham and he loved it. Mr. Crump is awesome and deserves many awards. Whenever I had a question I could e-mail the teachers and got a quick and caring response. I would recommend to anyone to choose Bonham as your middle school

Bonham Middle School 4

Posted April 03, 2007
My daughter attend Bonham for 3 years and loved it! I cannot say enough about the positive roles that her coaches played. All 3 female coaches were exceptional and made my daughters experience at Bonham a true success. We were truly blessed to have the privilege to have such a compassionate and dedicated staff.

Posted May 19, 2006
Good school, not eceptional but adequate considering the state of the American public system in general. Teachers are responsive to parental concerns but fail to adequately address problems with bullies.

Posted March 29, 2006
The teachers are fantastic at responding to parent questions via email which has been very helpful since both my husband and I work full time and have difficulty getting away from our jobs. Bullying is a bit of a problem that I think more attention could be paid to though. Overall I have found the administrative staff to be a bit non-receptive but the teachers have been wonderful, and frankly...they're the ones that have the greatest impact on my child.

Bonham Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2005
My child attended this school for three years, and for the most part, had a positive experience. The teachers are friendly and approachable. My child completely lost confidence in her ability to do math because of comments made by the math teachers to her. Science teachers in all grades need to do more experiments but do teach the kids a lot of things. The 7th grade social studies teachers are awesome--creative assignments and fun lessons. For most students, this school is very good, however, I'm not sure how much extra help a student would get should he need it.

Bonham Middle School
5600 Southwest 49th Avenue, Amarillo, TX  79109
Last modified Bonham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonham Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top