Bad
Good

Posted October 22, 2014
All four of my kids went to Palo Duro and loved it. The teachers have no problem getting in contact with parents on there grades. The teachers would stay on top of my kids if they were falling behind. They also helped them so much with the college preparations.

Posted July 31, 2014
I went to this school for 2 years didn't graduate from it how I would of loved too but it's the best school ever! .I enjoyed it very muchh

Palo Duro High School 1

Posted September 30, 2011
im going to palo duro and i can really say its horrible everyone there is pregnant the teachers dont care about who learns and who dont there is no modivation at all all there is is drugs and pregnancy why would you want your kid to go here?! and we have the worst scores ever! keep that in mind if your thinking about sending your kid here!

Palo Duro High School 4

Posted September 01, 2011
My son and daughter graduated from Palo Duro HS and have both moved on to be successful, equipped with the knowledge gained from exceptional teachers. My son graduated with a degree from the University of Oklahoma and my daughter is in a management position with one of the top companies in the United States. If you're looking with a multicultural education PD is the place!!

Palo Duro High School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
I go to P.D. and i like going there.I would not go to any other school in Amarillo. At P.D. I have opportunities I would not get anywhere else. I have one of the best English teachers, Ms.Peeples!

Posted April 14, 2010
I went to p.D. My freshman year and i loved it! i wish i could go back, i never wanted to leave that school. But lets be honest it is pretty tough, not every one would like it as much,

Posted September 16, 2009
All three of my kids have attended and loved it.

Palo Duro High School 2

Posted May 25, 2009
Something Palo Duro HS is not lacking in is teachers that really care for their students and strive to allow them to succeed, ethnic and social diversity, along with great programs to increase college enrollment (ACE). All that being said, I rated PDHS a below average because while all that is present, there is a lack of motivation from lots of the current students there. I was a former student and because of the low level beng taught there to accomodate the unmotivated students, I really felt that it hindered my learning. I truly didn't feel quite prepared for college, although you do adjust. I graduated summa cum laude from a great university. I really hope one day they would make PDHS a magnet school to increase the amount of motivated students and to really showcase the current exceptional faculty that really live for their students, namely Mrs. Rohanne :)

Posted February 28, 2009
It was a great school. Thank you for every thing.

Posted August 26, 2008
I go to PD and I think its the greatest school ever!!! I wouldn't go to any other school for any reason. Right now I am a junior and I know some people change their minds, but I know for sure that i never will.

1400 North Grant Street, Amarillo, TX  79107
Last modified Palo Duro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Duro High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top