Puckett Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
Personally we have been in this school district for many years I have never felt so unsafe leaving my children in the schools here but this one I have. I feel very unwelcomed along with the fact that I feel the parents are the same. I would very much like to move into the district of the old school in which my children attended. I have a child who has issues with Females as well as takes a while to warm up to people I feel its okay to push students to strive this child they never did thier research on and can and will begin to regress I would love to move forward rather than backwards at this point. Thanks but no thanks this school is not for me and more children let alone if thier old school is unable to accomedate them I will be pulling them out and placing them in private school where they seem to atleast listen. I will also say that is sad when you enter into a school and ask do you have a teacher who might be in my childs grade that would have a ESL PPCD or any type of special education background and the reply is I dont know. Pretty Sad

Posted September 28, 2009

Posted September 21, 2008
Puckett is an excellent elementary school. In a neighborhood where the families can afford to send their children to private schools, but opt not to because the schools are so good, Puckett is the shining star. We are currently looking at a possible move to another city, and the toughest part of weighing that decision would be the fact that we would have to examine whether or not to send our children to private schools in order to maintain the caliber of education they have received so far at Puckett. The principal and teachers are fantastic, and character and integrity are emphasized along with academics. Puckett Elementary is an exemplary school, not simply because of the test scores, but because of the committment and care that the faculty and parents exhibit on a daily basis.

Posted July 13, 2006
Academics- Strong! TAKS scores in 2005-2006 were great for the third graders. I would like to see more work with the GT kids. Tutorials available. The teachers seem very concerned and attentive to the children's academic and social needs. Parents-very involved-great PTA. Orchestra for fifth graders, vocal ensembles for 4th and 5th grade. A special Christmas program every year that involves every child in the grade Sports- many athletic teams through city/private organizations. Wish there were more after school clubs, or activities like Spanish class, math club, science club.

Puckett Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2005

Posted May 01, 2005

Puckett Elementary School
6700 Oakhurst Drive, Amarillo, TX  79109
Last modified Puckett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Puckett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top