Amarillo, TX

South Georgia Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2008

Posted July 26, 2007
I love this school for my child. Ms. Friemel and Ms. Rich make it a point to know every child and greets them when they come to school in the morning. The teachers and staff seem to be very happy in their work environment which is a benefit for the children and parents. My daughter is going into the third grade and she has been fortunate enough to have very caring teachers and she usually looks forward to school everyday. The school premises are always clean and it seems like there is always some sort of school activity to get involved in. We looked for a home specifically in this area because of South Georgia Elementary and the fabulous reputation that the school has.

Posted January 30, 2006

Posted July 13, 2005
My son attended S. Georgia for 1st through 5th grades. Not only does the school perform well academically, but the teachers, overall, have a sincere concern for the well being of your children in general. The principal, Mrs Friemel, is outstanding. Her particular interest in the discipline and behavior of the students has been great! My son, at the age of 9, unfortunately had to endure the pain of divorce. The counselor at the time, Mrs Elkins, was phenomenal and kept me informed every step of the way as to how it was affecting my son, academically, emotionally, socially, etc. The teachers were also very supportive and understanding. I always felt he was safe, cared for, and encouraged throughout his 4 years as an 'Eagle.' I truly hope that Bonham Middle School can meet the high standard that S. Georgia Elementary School has conditioned me to expect from AISD.

South Georgia Elementary School
5018 Susan Drive, Amarillo, TX  79110
Last modified South Georgia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Georgia Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top