Bad
Good

Tascosa High School 1

Posted September 13, 2010
My daughter just started school there, when I went in the office to take her bag to school because she forgot it, I DIDN'T FEEL WELCOMED, the two persons in the front desk didn't even bother to look up, one just kept chewing on something and looking at her computer and the other one was just looking around her desk for something, they could have at least said, " I'll be right with you" or "can I help you, " I stood there for a while to see how long they were going to ignore me, finally one of them looked up like I was bothering them from their work. RUDE, by the way, they never told my daughter that I brought her the bag and it was in the office.

Tascosa High School 2

Posted April 22, 2010
The whole time I was enrolled in Tascosa High School, I hardly ever went because of all the drama that happens there. Fights were almost always going on and at least three times in my one year there, there had been lockdowns because of drugs and weapons.

Posted June 09, 2007
Tascosa is the greatest High School in the state of Texas

Posted May 30, 2007
Tascosa High has an amazing AP (Advanced Placement) program. We have had a score from the nation to have one of the schools with the most students signed up for AP exams. The teachers are great. There is a variety of clubs to be a part of, from football to foreign language to musical clubs. Overall, Tascosa High is a really great school to go to.

Tascosa High School 3

Posted October 25, 2006
Judging from the previous statement, Tascosa clearly has what it takes to produce high achieving individuals ... you know ones with the inability to spell and the incapacity to click the spell check button on the computer screen! Dear Tascosa, we love you!

Posted September 19, 2006
I go to tascosa and i am a sophmore and i love it it has the best classes and teachers who care. I am haaving the best year and to expect nothing less than the best, and we have 4 leazon officers.

Tascosa High School 2

Posted April 17, 2006
The entire time I was enrolled there, I was scared for my own personal saferty.

Tascosa High School 4

Posted June 18, 2003
I have a sophmore at Tascosa HS. During his freshman year I was really nervous about losing contact with everything going on in high school. Your children do not want to see you in there classes at this age. Not cool! I was really blessed with some wonderful teachers who were familiar with e-mail. I was able to stay on top of his homework, test scores and overall general attitude in their classes. It was the greatest! Some of the teachers didn't check or reply to e-mail, but the majority did. It helped me understand the teachers as well as what was going on in class. You don't have to lose touch during high school....just upgrade to e-mail. It saves alot of meeting time, phone calls, etc. I want to thank the teachers who helped me 'stay in touch, stay in the loop' of my childs life during high school. I hope the teachers do the same as he moves into his sophmore, junior & senior years. If we, as parents, take the time to find the teachers correct email addresses, life in high school becomes much easier. Good luck to the parents of all freshman entering Tascosa High School. Stay involved, stay in the loop. Don't hesitate in getting the 'rest of the story' from the teachers. They appreciate the communication also. Everything your child says is not necessarily the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Tascosa High School
3921 Westlawn Avenue, Amarillo, TX  79102
Last modified Tascosa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.