Bad
Good

This is my daughter's second year at Sleepy Hollow. We have loved the teachers she has had and the principal, vice-principal and staff take the time to know the children by name. I have always felt I could bring any concerns I may have (no mater how trivial) to the staff and those same concerns have always been handled quickly and with professionalism. My daughter is in a safe, fun, well structured learning environment and because of that she has truly excelled. I have the utmost confidence she will receive an above-average education at Sleepy Hollow.

This school is horrible...I email the teachers about concerns for my children, and my emails go unanswered. The teachers can not be so busy, that they can't reply to a simple email. Even cc the principal in one email and still no reply! And whatever happened to parent teacher conferences? Some parents work during the day and can't make it to the teachers daily "conference" period...which should be tge time they reply to emails....so frustrated...I will be moving my kids to the canyon school district.

I am very pleased with the education offered to my children at Sleepy Hollow. My oldest son is graduating from AHS with honors, an academic scholarship to and ACT score of 32. My youngest required the Reading Recovery Program which was offered through the school now he reads at his grade level and continues to improve. The faculty is very helpful and will offer insights into improving your child's learning experience. Clear communication and expectations are the key to important relationships and that philosophy is practiced on this campus. The principal has been with this school since the early 80's and I have a total of ten years of experience with this administrator. I have found her to always have an opened door policy to any parents concerns. The Sleepy Hollow parents are very supportive of the principal and the faculty.

The principal treats everyone, even parents as if they were children. She is a decently nice person, but not strong enough to be a principal. Bullies are a big problem here. My little girl was punched by a boy and told 2 different teachers and neither one of them did anything. It is not the best school.

I have had 3 children at Sleepy Hollow, one is currently there. The teachers are awesome and the principal knows everyone by name. The office staff knows parents by name. They have great clubs for the kids to participate in after school (Art, science, etc) The orchestra and choir are superb. Couln't ask for a better elementary school

Beginning from the faculty to teachers to the Principle, Sleepy Hollow has got to have some of the nicest, motivated people in Amarillo. They demonstrate 100% potential education. Proud granddaughter is attending there!

This school is a fabulous enviroment for all children to devolpe in. I had a child who went there and she loved it! Sleepy Hollow is a good school and I believe all low ratings are by people who dont know or don't listen to how their child feels. Go Sleepy Hollow Horseman! A++++++++

Sleepy Hollow is a fabulous school. Two of our children attended Sleepy Hollow and they are now excelling - one in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Texas and a senior in high school ready to pursue a mass communications degree. If former students gave their reviews I am sure they would have wonderful things to say. I have so much respect for the principal who has been at this campus for 18 years. The students come first always and she hires only the best teachers. The lady who rated the school so poorly must be delusional because this is the greatest school in Amarillo and perhaps in Texas. We love Sleepy Hollow and recommend this school - your children will have an excellent start and be very prepared for secondary education!! My children still go back to the school to mentor and will always be 'Sleepy Hollow Horsemen!' A+++

Awful school. Do not send your children here! The principal is terrible. Teachers are not nice to students. Kids are snobs and don't let new kids into their 'groups'. Do not, I repeat, do not enroll your kids at this school. Just a terrible experience with this school, took my kids out after 3 months.

Last modified Sleepy Hollow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.