Bad
Good

Great school - some of the parents seem a little proud to the point of being stuffy (why, I don't know - it's a middle class neighborhood), but most of the folks are good people who care about their kids. Kids are respectful and very smart because of parent involvement at home. School events are safe, well organized and controlled but fun for the kids. Rules are strict but once learned the kids are rewarded and encouraged to learn. The surrounding area is one of the best in town for a middle income family. It's safe and has consistently nice, well cared for homes. I've seen the school systems of four different states and I can say this school is a model American elementary school. Any parent would be proud to send their children there.

LOVE this school! We moved here the middle of my daughter's Kindergarten year and were instantly amazed at how caring and wonderful everyone was. The teachers, principal and the rest of the support staff are friendly and eager to help each child grow academically and socially. The parents and students are also welcoming to newcomers and everyone is very involved here. I highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area. As a military family we are moving, once again, and I am VERY sad to leave this school behind. I can only hope we'll find another school as great as Windsor as my daughter enters the 2nd grade.

We are moving from the area and are VERY SAD to leave Windsor. If moving to Amarillo, be sure to attend this elementary school. The staff are highly qualified educators who truly care about the whole child. The staff and this campus is rare - they achieve the high TAKS ratings while offering creative activities and DAILY Music and PE classes to reach the whole child. Windsor provides a quality library program, caring office, cafeteria, and paraprofessional staff. I am spoiled and can only pray that my daughter's new school can live up to the quality she received at Windsor.

We moved in this area to be able to go to Windsor - very good school. I would think twice about transerring in late (4th, 5th grade) alot of these kids have been together since k-4 and its hard to fit in at that point. It was a wonderful school for my daughter - she started in k-4.

We absolutely love Windsor! The faculty genuinely cares about the students, and they have continually proven academic success. There are lots of opportunities for our daughter here. It's the best!

Last modified Windsor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.