Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 14, 2016
There are many teachers that are graduates from River Road and truly love their students and their success.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 14, 2016
my kids worked hard to finish their homework in CAT period or during their study time. they sometimes complained but I felt like it was pretty even.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 14, 2016
Regardless of each students abilities or life circumstances, my kids have been pushed to do their best along with positive parental involvement and been very successful.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 14, 2016
The school works hard to hold the staff and students to a high standard. I have heard many compliments when our students are out of town or volunteering how wonderful our students and staff are.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 14, 2016
A small district has an advantage to know each student and their individual needs. Many teachers and staff are past students and care deeply about each students and the district as a whole.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 14, 2016
Teachers and administration who take time to know each student and help develop these traits, regardless of their home life or circumstances.

Posted August 22, 2015
With the introduction of the new principle, Mr Chevy, the school has gone downhill fast. When a student who had a child requested, and had previously been approved for, a 2 hour class day to go home to her baby, he told her that she would have to be a full time student until 5 weeks so he could get the money for the school with her as a full time student. The staff is horrible. The only things this school cares about is money and looking good on paper.

Posted February 01, 2015
I graduated from River Road ISD & was involved with many extra-curricular activities. I had several friends, although I wasn t classified as popular. I enjoyed my classes & several teachers went the extra mile helping when we didn t understand. I wanted my children to have the same experience with caring teachers & admin, hence why we moved back to RRISD. My son went from an A-B student to a D-F student. I m highly disappointed with the service (or lack therefore) for my child. I'm a very involved parent & was told to back off- let the school handle it . We were hopeful, when we enrolled him, due to small classes & the small town feel; promised an individualized curriculum & caring environment. Our son has special needs & we feel defeated where education is involved, instead of well informed. Meeting after meeting has been rescheduled, most teachers don t have tutorials, & papers can t be corrected. Teachers have favorites & the other students tend to be ignored. This is not a district that wants every child to be successful; this is a district that mainly cares about looking good on paper. Bottom line, the quality of this school has deteriorated since I attended.

Posted August 08, 2014
Worst school I have ever been to and I have been to lots of schools...The teachers rarely teach and when they do they do it very poorly! Do not send your kids to this school worsr school ever!!!!

River Road High School 5

Posted October 04, 2012
River Road High School and River Road ISD is the best in the Area. The teacher and administrators care deeply about every student and work very hard to ensure they receive the best education possible. It is east to cast stones when you have parents who expect the schools to raise their children but despite what the teachers, principals and staff have to deal with, they do a fantastic job. I would not have my kids in any other district. We have been very pleased with our childrens education and will recommend River Road to anyone looking for a quality education for their kids. Thank you River Road!

101 West Mobley Street, Amarillo, TX  79108
Last modified River Road High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.