River Road Middle School 5

Posted February 09, 2010
I absolutely love River Road. This school is very good and has a learning environment that you don't feel opressed. It may be small and we may not have a huge budget but we make it work with what we have. There's lots of spirit and lots of love.

River Road Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2009
This school ranks the best overall in the district. The principal is second only to high school one, but as the other two have to deal the hand they are dealt. There is over-crowding, not enough books to go around or old and poor school district. The teachers at this school at least want to educate the young brains that given to them. Academics are better than the students will see high school where sports is more important.

River Road Middle School 4

Posted November 20, 2004
I don't know about the High School yet, as my oldest is only in the sixth grade. I can say that the integrity of the principals is above par for the amarillo area. The main problem is that as time goes by, children act worse and worse. In many families, both parents have to work and simply do not spend the time with their children needed to develop acceptable behavior patterns. We cannot expect the teachers to raise our children.(some teachers are like children themselves). The academics are acceptable, and there is a level of concern which does not exist in amarillo school district. Daily, I observe Elementary school students running in the hallways yelling, and teachers just watch them. I think the Teachers are overwhelmed all the way around, due to a lack of discipline in the home.

River Road Middle School 5

Posted September 03, 2003
This middle school is awsome! My family is moving out of town and it is really hard to compare another school district with this one. I have one daughter at the middle and another at Rolling Hills. My oldest is a very bright and talented student - Honor Society. The teachers here have been very hard working and very helpful when it comes to the extra touch that 'teaching' requires for the students to understand and comprehend what is being taught. Any time that there is a problem or a need - the teachers, principles and students pull together to get what needs to be done accomplished. It will be a really sad day when we have to leave the school.

River Road Middle School 1

Posted July 27, 2003
In the past, RRISD was the school that you wanted your children to attend. The leadership and teachers were the best in the panhande. Unfortunately, that is not the case now. The administration does not have the backbone to take a stand against what they know is a problem. The shining star in all this is Rolling Hills Elementary. I've seen more and more parents pulling their children out of the school district when they start middle school opting for different districts or private school. The High School does not provide text books for the students and in turn there is never any homework. It is not preparing them for college very well.

River Road Middle School
9500 Us 287 N, Amarillo, TX  79108
Last modified River Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Road Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top