PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 17, 2010
My son started at Arbor last year, and we have had nothing but a positive experience. He is very shy but also very smart, and we worried that he would get ignored and/or bored in a public school. Arbor has certainly challenged him academically, and the small class sizes have allowed him to overcome his shyness and truly blossom.

Arbor Christian Academy 2

Posted April 30, 2010
Former 'lifelong' student. From my understanding, the Elementary and Middle School programs are still incredible. This review is in regards to the High School. Leadership in the school at present is less than organized or satisfactory, although a few bright gems do stand out against the rest. The supposed 'Hebrew learning model' touted as one of the distinguishing features of the school is unrecognizable. I knew students who actively and openly participated in activities that would have them suspended from a public school, but went on with hardly a word spoken to them. I would actually be fine with this were it not for the multiple 'good' students I knew who were pulled aside and harshly criticized for their own issues. Overall, definitely send your kid here K-8. Ditch the highschool for somewhere else.

Posted August 14, 2009
My son has attended Arbor throughout elementary school and I highly recommend it. I teach in public school and Arbor aligns curriculum with Texas standards. The teachers are very supportive and work hard to make sure instruction is individualized. The school provides for a healthy social environment and gives tremendous opportunity extracurricular activities and great parent involvement is very high. The leadership is the best you could ask for.

Posted October 13, 2008
Both of my children currently attend Arbor Chrisitian Academy and are in elementary school. As with any private school decision, it was difficult to swallow the costs. However, the need to educate our children in an environment consistent with our cultural beliefs in God superceded the expense of private education. The performance of graduating seniors from Arbor is impressive. Well over 90% of graduating seniors meet the requirements, by entrance exams and by approval of application, for college. And, most go on to be successful individuals who make a difference in the communities they reside. When our children were enrolled in Arbor it was a family endeavor. My wife and I are college degreed (Bachelor's and Master's degree respectivley) and hold the belief that you get out education what you put into it. We are pleased with the schools academics and desire to see children make a difference as adults.

Arbor Christian Academy

Posted February 27, 2008
I attended high school at Trinity , graduated in 2003. I never wanted to even try out college after attending this school, I learned nothing about academics here. I do appreciate the kmowledge of the bible but if you weren't in honors you didn't a fair education. For what my parents paid I deserved an education or should they request a refund?

Arbor Christian Academy 2

Posted March 14, 2007
I attended high school at Trinity. Honestly, I learned nothing. I loved my teachers, however there were 2 out of the whole bunch that actually taught their classes. Kids in honors classes had the advantage of learning, the rest of us didn't learn a thing. Especially in math or Spanish (the only second language class offered). I must say that I learned alot about God & the Bible but that won't get me through college. (1999-2003)

Posted January 24, 2005
Our son began first grade and graduated from Trinity save for 2 years at a bilingual school in Mexico. He graduated valedictorian, participated in all sports, debate, etc. He is now a 4.o student at TX A&M. His experience at Trinity was very positive. His college results bears that he received a good foundational education. Our daughter is a sophomore with much the same experiences. She is leading a balanced life there. Strengths include,the administration, Nancy Wilcox is a gifted leader and visionary. Staff is overall very competent. Reacts to parent input quickly. Basic academics are strong, sports are limited but quality for such a small school. Arts are weak. A lack of AP courses. Overall, considering the child as a whole, an EXCELLENT choice!

Arbor Christian Academy
5000 Hollywood Road, Amarillo, TX  79118
Last modified Arbor Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12