Argyle, TX

Blanton Elementary School 2

Posted December 18, 2014
This is a review based on when my children attended, 2013-2014. This isn't the best school my children have attended but it isn't the worst either. I did like how organized they were when it came to drop off and pick up in the car lanes. As far as curriculum, I think it's more of a district issue than the school. Definitely room for improvement. However I do agree with other reviews about the cold environment this school had. From the front office staff to some of the teachers, not welcoming at all. Not many of the parents were friendly either. I did like the fact that they don't let anyone wander around inside the school. But altogether I felt like my kids were missing out on their education here. The main reason we moved to another district.

Posted February 12, 2014
Thank GOD I pulled my child from this school after 5 years of attending. I did not realize until we withdrew that my child was receiving absolutely NO education! Only test taking skills for the purpose of the school's/teacher's/district's image. No core, we are now having to go backwards to fill the massive gaps my child has. After many tears and apologizing for being "stupid" my child is now learning it WILL get better and it is NOT their fault and they are NOT stupid. My child is regaining confidence and the basic foundation of education. This school needs to have their exemplary status removed. PARENTS BEWARE!!!!

Posted August 13, 2013
This school has a dedicated staff and strives to keep on the cutting edge of education. My children have been here since kindergarten and have had excellent teachers every year. The environment is friendly, and keeps the children safe. Yes, they don't allow parents to roam the halls, but this is nothing personal, it is a district policy that every visitor has to check in at the office. I appreciate knowing my kids are safe all day. One of the reasons I believe they have an exemplary rating is because each grade has an "intervention time" where students receive additional help in any areas for which they are struggling. This school has also helped my children become more responsible by teaching them to set and achieve goals. Although I don't have much time to help now, I know the PTA is always reaching out for volunteers, and does a lot for the students and teachers. I was a room mom one year and I could tell that the teachers genuinely care about the students. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted March 19, 2013
Top notch teachers, fantastic PTA! Best and most current educational practices employed. So proud to send my child here during the elementary years!

Posted March 01, 2013
I agree with the posts that the leadership at this school needs to change. They have a closed door policy and are unwilling to discuss enrichment programs or anything else that would require them to move away from a very regimented, cold environmnet. Since when did being a principal mean you didn't have to interact with the children or parents? My child has never met the principal and has been attending school here for four years. The parents are great! But this school does not make it easy for working parents to participate and become involved. Fathers volunteering as Watch Dogs were not given any type of orientation and were just told to be visible. I've seen this and so many other programs at other schools be much more successful under different leadership. We moved to this neighborhood for what we though were great schools and are now looking at other options to ensure a good education for our child.

Posted February 14, 2013
Can I give negative stars? Sad school. I can't decide if I am sending my kids to a school or a prison.

Posted September 09, 2012
You can't judge a school ONLY by its test scores. The atmosphere is very cold. Staff (grade 2 on up)lacks commitment and passion. Parents are not very friendly with the exception of a few. Not much to be said about the leader. Very close minded environment. Not much being done to encourage social grace. For the most part, the average student struggles when in middle school. Parents, take charge for your child may not be ready for 6th grade...but will sure do "exemplary" on TAKS.

Posted June 05, 2012
I agree with the positive comments on this website. Blanton elementary is staffed with incredibly caring individuals. I cannot say enough about how safe I feel my children are at this school. The principal continues to impress me with her choice in staffing. For years my daughter struggled in TAKS testing. An offsite tutoring program was created for students who struggled. I could not possibly have been able to get home in time to pick her up from tutoring at the school. Her TAKS scores reflected this positive approach. Thanks Blanton elementary!!!

Posted June 05, 2012
My children come home eager to share what they've learned daily. Thank you teachers and staff for being a positive influence on my children.

Posted June 05, 2012
My children have been enrolled in Blanton since it opened in 2008. I am very pleased that the school earned an Exemplary Rating in its first year and has maintained that rating every year since. The teachers and staff are caring and professional and very easy to talk with. I appreciate that the front office staff is very warm and friendly when I have questions or concerns. I am very pleased! Submitted by a parent

Blanton Elementary School
9501 Stacee Lane, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Blanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blanton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top