Argyle, TX

Blanton Elementary School 2

Posted December 18, 2014
This is a review based on when my children attended, 2013-2014. This isn't the best school my children have attended but it isn't the worst either. I did like how organized they were when it came to drop off and pick up in the car lanes. As far as curriculum, I think it's more of a district issue than the school. Definitely room for improvement. However I do agree with other reviews about the cold environment this school had. From the front office staff to some of the teachers, not welcoming at all. Not many of the parents were friendly either. I did like the fact that they don't let anyone wander around inside the school. But altogether I felt like my kids were missing out on their education here. The main reason we moved to another district.

Posted February 12, 2014
Thank GOD I pulled my child from this school after 5 years of attending. I did not realize until we withdrew that my child was receiving absolutely NO education! Only test taking skills for the purpose of the school's/teacher's/district's image. No core, we are now having to go backwards to fill the massive gaps my child has. After many tears and apologizing for being "stupid" my child is now learning it WILL get better and it is NOT their fault and they are NOT stupid. My child is regaining confidence and the basic foundation of education. This school needs to have their exemplary status removed. PARENTS BEWARE!!!!

Posted August 13, 2013
This school has a dedicated staff and strives to keep on the cutting edge of education. My children have been here since kindergarten and have had excellent teachers every year. The environment is friendly, and keeps the children safe. Yes, they don't allow parents to roam the halls, but this is nothing personal, it is a district policy that every visitor has to check in at the office. I appreciate knowing my kids are safe all day. One of the reasons I believe they have an exemplary rating is because each grade has an "intervention time" where students receive additional help in any areas for which they are struggling. This school has also helped my children become more responsible by teaching them to set and achieve goals. Although I don't have much time to help now, I know the PTA is always reaching out for volunteers, and does a lot for the students and teachers. I was a room mom one year and I could tell that the teachers genuinely care about the students. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted March 19, 2013
Top notch teachers, fantastic PTA! Best and most current educational practices employed. So proud to send my child here during the elementary years!

Posted February 14, 2013
Can I give negative stars? Sad school. I can't decide if I am sending my kids to a school or a prison.

Posted September 09, 2012
You can't judge a school ONLY by its test scores. The atmosphere is very cold. Staff (grade 2 on up)lacks commitment and passion. Parents are not very friendly with the exception of a few. Not much to be said about the leader. Very close minded environment. Not much being done to encourage social grace. For the most part, the average student struggles when in middle school. Parents, take charge for your child may not be ready for 6th grade...but will sure do "exemplary" on TAKS.

Posted June 05, 2012
I agree with the positive comments on this website. Blanton elementary is staffed with incredibly caring individuals. I cannot say enough about how safe I feel my children are at this school. The principal continues to impress me with her choice in staffing. For years my daughter struggled in TAKS testing. An offsite tutoring program was created for students who struggled. I could not possibly have been able to get home in time to pick her up from tutoring at the school. Her TAKS scores reflected this positive approach. Thanks Blanton elementary!!!

Posted June 05, 2012
My children come home eager to share what they've learned daily. Thank you teachers and staff for being a positive influence on my children.

Posted June 05, 2012
My children have been enrolled in Blanton since it opened in 2008. I am very pleased that the school earned an Exemplary Rating in its first year and has maintained that rating every year since. The teachers and staff are caring and professional and very easy to talk with. I appreciate that the front office staff is very warm and friendly when I have questions or concerns. I am very pleased! Submitted by a parent

Posted June 05, 2012
I am happy to say that my experience at Blanton elementary and those of my friends and neighbors have been extremely positive. Blanton elementary has earned an exemplary rating from the first year that it opened. This indicates to me that there is a strong sense of leadership and it is obvious to me when I visit the school. I am pleased that in this "questionable" world that Blanton takes security measures to prevent adults from walking freely throughout the building and into my children's classrooms. As a volunteer at Blanton elementary, I am constantly aware of ways in which I can become involved. Lantana has three fabulous schools( all in which my children have attended). Blanton elementary by far exceeds my expectations. The pricipal is the most caring and wonderful individual I have had in an elementary school. She even attended a neighborhood board meeting to make Lantana a safer neighborhood for walkers. If you are a potential Lantana resident please know that this school is incredible!! I promise :)! Submitted by a parent Write your own review

Blanton Elementary School
9501 Stacee Lane, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Blanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blanton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top