Hilltop Elementary School 1

Posted June 30, 2014
This school is nothing but about money and favorites , who donates the most . My son had problems on bus , talked to principal dud nothing . They will be nice to your face , behind your back talk about you . Academics ranks low they care about sports more . Some teachers were nice , but principal Is rude no respect . My son went there for 3 grade could not wait for year to be over . Very sad school

Posted January 28, 2014
Argyle ISD is wonderful. You won't be disappointed in these schools if you are looking for a very competitive atmosphere in academics and athletics. We were in the district for 4 years and we were constantly amazed at the parent involvement, level of academics, extra-curricular activities, etc. It is a district full of many wealthy families therefore there are many students who get everything they want and more...which would have been more impactful on our children had we stayed through their middle and high school years. We are simply trying to teach our kids that we aren't entitled to things just because we want them! Which can be more of an uphill battle in more affluent areas. However, we felt that the positives of this district FAR out-weighed the negatives.

Hilltop Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
The teachers and counselors are awesome, but the principal seems to have a bad attitude. Does not seem approachable, unless you are one of the in parents.

Hilltop Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
So disappointed in this school. It continues to be the underachiver in the district. The inexperience of the current principal and past principal is having such a negative impact. Poorly run and the focus seems to be on popular and not on the childerens education. Already moved mine to the charter school, even though I loved many of the teachers.

Posted June 28, 2011
I absolutely adore this school! The teachers and principal/ assistant principal and councelor are wonderful, caring people. I could not be happier. They test for dyslexia in K and 1st grade! This is unheard of!!!

Posted November 06, 2009
The school is academically challenging, but I've also found them to be flexible and nurturing in working with children with different learning styles. There's a great deal of parental involvement in the community and it's a focus of the school as well. My kids are happy here and getting a strong foundation for future learning.

Hilltop Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2009
There are good things about Hilltop, but academics would not be one of them. Unfortunately, most of the parents are focused on Argyle becoming an athletic powerhouse and sports dominates much of the talk and focus. Although my children are great athletes, the culture just offers so little emphasis on academics it has grown frustrating. In many grades there are no honors programs of any sort. When there is an honors class, it may involve just less than half the grade, which hardly allows for advanced curriculum. I have found the administration to be very bureaucratic. I simply believe they have no aspirations other than to achieve 'Exemplary' status on the state grading system. Socially, my kids love it. Lots of friends. The small town / everybody knows everyone aspect has its strengths and weaknesses. Very cliqueish, and the lack of minority representation is alarming (the school make-up is predominately white).

Hilltop Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
Hilltop is a caring inviroment for learning and has one of the best art teachers in the world

Hilltop Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
Hilltop has great kids, wonderful teachers and staff and a fun place to be with lots of learning going on.

Hilltop Elementary School 3

Posted March 03, 2009
Mediocre at best. There is nothing exciting going on at this school. If it was once good, it is now average.

Hilltop Elementary School
800 Eagle Dr, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Hilltop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilltop Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.