No rating

Liberty Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 940 students

Living in Argyle

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $279,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted February 2, 2010

I read through all of the reviews and am shocked at some of the comments. I should start by saying we are not related to anyone that works there. We've not noticed a bias towards anyone of any faith. Both parents work...we are not wealthy...we work to send our kids to Liberty. One child transfered in during the middle of her freshman year - a second during 6th grade when we moved to Texas - 2 years later - both are thriving. Liberty promotes leadership development and challenges students to excel in the classroom - all in a Christ -based environment. Do our kids have to work hard..yes. Do they have to follow the rules...yes. That's not a bad thing. Ref ALL after school activities - it is the participation/effort that is rewarded. If your students are willing to work hard and engage - Liberty is a great place to be.

Posted December 20, 2009

It's true. Liberty is a great school if your parent or aunt or uncle or some sort of family relation works there. Exceptional athletes are also welcomed by students and teachers. Do not expect the staff or faculty to reach out for students needing help in fitting in....either you are 'Liberty Material' or you are not. And trust me - if your child is not, it's no fun. Expect rules and no grace - judgement and no mercy - if you do not fit their bill.

Posted July 13, 2009

Good Christian school, High School preAP and AP level classes are good - mainline classes a little weak. Definite favoritism to faculty children and high flying athletes. Still overall good - almost old fashioned good High School experience.

Posted June 29, 2009

Liberty is a good school. The biblical influence is present and the teaching staff, especially for lower school, is wonderful. But, unfortunately I have to agree with the families below that shared their experiences about nepotism, new family labeling and the cliques. To a degree, this is present in all schools but for what Liberty strives to be this does standout if you watch and listen. But if it doesn't bother you then you can see what the school is trying to do for the students and families. It all depends on what you are looking for. Expect tuition to rise each year even in this economy where many families have received cutbacks. Sadly, Liberty has lost alot of families this coming school year.

Posted April 22, 2009

Our children attended Liberty for 3 years. Each childs experiences and grade level varied tremendously. The staff favor old friends or those that are the big givers. The parents are very snobby (especially the ones that have known each other for a long time). The kids were not 'christ like'. When we were new, there was no 'buddy' family given to us. We are a 2 parent working family, which did not fit in with the Moms and Dads that could work in their schedule to be at school during work hours. The academics are very old schooled with sit at your desk type activities. Not very much hands on activities or inquiry based teaching. Public school is so much better. My children are treated equally (they werent at Liberty). Their friends and teachers exhibit more of a christian like character than those at Liberty!

Posted January 28, 2009

Our children have been at Liberty Christian School for nine years. One graduated last year and the others started in kindergarten and are still there. We feel like our entire family has been blessed by our experiences at Liberty and are greatfull that our kids have spent most of their school years in an environment that fosters each child's worth in God's eyes. We believe they have recieved an exemplery education and most important, have been given a world view from a Christian standpoint. We have found the teachers, for the most part, strive to give our kids the tools they need to succeed. It is still our kid's responsibility to determine what they do with those tools. Liberty Christian's staff has always been very responsive when we have approached them with our challenges. Our kids are constantly reminded of their value and responsibilities in God's eyes. We feel very blessed.

Posted December 11, 2008

Im a senior at this school, I came in my freshmen year. I have suffered through out highschool... I cannot wait to get out and I hate this school. All they care about is athletics. I was on the soccer team all but my senior year and I got a soccer scholarship but I was not allowed to have an assembly to sing with the college like everyone else gets simply because im not in athletics. The upper school staff lies and deceives and could care less about the students. The students are mean and cliqueish and are extremely vain.... Please take what im saying into consideration and rethink sending your children here. I am very active, it's not like I haven't tried, I've played soccer, been in theatre, and been in choir, but this school is hopeless.

Posted December 4, 2008

Very exclusive they only care about the children that have been ther awhile or how much money you donate

Posted December 1, 2008

My child attended Liberty for 4 years in the upper school. Sports is a major focus. There is a very high turnover rate of faculty. Academically, it is of average caliber and limited in curriculum and not progressive academically. There are some very good instructors, but most are average. Most faculty are there until they get picked up by a public school district. The environment, while positive, is very cliquish and it doesn't take long to see that nepotism is alive and well there. It is very conservative religiously speaking. Although they maintain that they are open in accepting students of all faiths, it is obvious that there is a definite bias towards those who are Baptist. It seemed to me that the majority of students that attended were seldom there for all four years of high school. Most were there if the public schools did not work out for them.

Posted September 30, 2008

Our son has benefitted greatly from the move. He is a high school senior who now feels challenged academically and can actually participate in more than one sport. Awesome staff and the atmosphere is always positive.

Posted June 23, 2008

It is very evident that this school focuses on athletics more than anything else. In fact, both principals were at one point coaches for the school. Due to the overall arrogance of the school and some of its students, new children may have trouble fitting in and being accepted. Unequal punishments for upper school students and like other reviewers said before me, obvious favoritism is also shown. Although the facility is fantastic, it is also one of the biggest reasons why the tuition has been rapidly increasing. On a brighter side, though, this school's education is top-notch.

Posted May 16, 2008

We have been at Liberty for two years and our son is finishing first grade. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences here. The teachers have been just what our son has needed each year. His skills and knowledge are above his peers at public schools. But what is even more important for the long term is that his teachers inspire him to make wise choices and have good character. I ve felt the environment is more like a family working with us as parents to help mold and guide our child s behavior, skills and values. Our choice was to investment the best we could for him now in his developing years instead of saving just for college. Submitted by Janice Downey, a parent.

Posted May 16, 2008

I can't imagine a school better fit for our children. We have 3 three children, one who has already graduated a high school soon to be sophomore and a soon to be 7th grader. The academics are A+ the nuturing environment is priceless but the most important thing is that our children are and have been invested in for eternity.

Posted March 23, 2008

It's all about the money and using the bible as a tool the ultimate sin.

Posted March 3, 2008

This school focuses the extent of its attention on its athletic program, ignoring academics and fine arts. If you are a good athlete, you will deffinetly make the grade.

Posted August 9, 2007

My child is entering second grade and has been a student at Liberty since she started pre-school at 3. Early childhood education, including kindergarten, is exemplary. My daughter's reading, writing and math skills are far superior to those of her public school counterparts. But the true value of LCS is its ability to teach our children biblical values, discipline and pride of country. The students at every age and economic level exhibit maturity and class beyond their years. Worth every penny that I have to stretch to continue sending my child here.

Posted May 15, 2007

Teacher competence varies greatly. Out of three high school English teachers, only one commented on writing assignments to help the students improve writing skills. Chapel is not held on a consistent basis. Teacher turnover rate is high. Student discipline is not consistent and student favoritism is evident. On a positive note, the facility is new and beautiful.

Posted January 26, 2007

We have a child in 1st grade at Liberty Christian. We are extremely pleased with the high academic level and strong leadership. Our child has been in Liberty since pre school. We continue to hear how the academic level is very high compared to other schools. We also are pleased with how well all the Liberty graduates do in College because of the preparation the receive form Liberty Christian.

Posted May 7, 2006

I have a child in preschool and pre K at Liberty. Am very pleased with the strong reading and writing skills that my children are loving and learning. Wonderful Christ-centered atmosphere, biblical truths and character are seen at this school. Weak in creative art and music - most artwork is teacher directed and no room for creativity. I feel they completely drop the ball in the early childhood music in the preschool. My child's preschool teacher is certified in early childhood, my child's pre k teacher is not.

Posted September 5, 2005

This is an academically challenging school.... could use more extracurricular activites... parents are invovlved.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • SACS
Fax number
  • (940) 294-2045

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious