Posted February 27, 2015
I have been a parent for over 17 years at Liberty and have watched the school grow and change. Liberty has been a wonderful influence on my children and support for our family. Liberty isn't a perfect school, but my children have always felt loved by the teachers and the administration. The school provides a very nurturing environment from ECE through 12th grade. Graduates are prepared for college and life experiences. I feel very blessed that Liberty has provided a sound foundation academically and spiritually for my children.

Posted February 27, 2015
LCS is the best! Our children have enjoyed this school and so have we as parents. The elementary school is full of love, caring teachers who show the true meaning of a Christian School. They pour love into every classroom and cherish each student individually. This is all a result of nurturing teachers and strong leadership from the ECE Principal who ensures the entire staff works toward the common goal of continued success of all students. This secure start from elementary carries through each grade and reminds me of the verse: "Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. The middle school carries on with the same level of commitment and encouragement for the students. It is truly a school which provides an exemplary college preparatory education in a loving Christian environment. In addition to the excellent education provided, LCS offers activities/events which bring the family together and helps the student grow. This is a place to build lasting relationships and bonds which will last a lifetime. Thank you LCS for all you do for our children and for making us proud to be a part of the LCS family.

Posted February 26, 2015
Liberty Christian School has been our second home for seven years and our two girls have thrived here in the classroom, in extracurricular activities, and spiritually. As a teacher and staff member, I've seen all aspects of the school. I'm in awe of the way God uses parents, students, and staff to bring up this generation to be strong leaders. It is not perfect - the homework is a bit heavy and the standards are high - but it prepares these students for college (and I've spoken to many alumni who are thankful). I'm disturbed by the review below about the ECE principal. I can only assume this is from a parent who is angry or bitter. Every parent I've spoken to has been thrilled with all aspects of the ECE program. I believe that is why there is a waitlist. I'm so sorry that this parent's experience was not as amazing as most. However, I encourage them to reach out to admin and share their complaints (and suggestions) to gain a better understanding and make Liberty an even better place! The heart of Liberty is to always be teachable and willing to improve. We have had opportunities to move, but could not because Liberty is the only place we would have our daughters!
2 people found this helpful

Liberty Christian School 1

Posted December 28, 2014
The ECE principal is mediocre. She is inexperienced. Her loud mouth is a cover-up for who she truly is. She displays favor for only few a parents and employees. Her level of incompetence is present by many of the decisions she has made (or lack thereof) concerning children with varying degrees of learning and behavioral abilities. I've encountered several parents who have children in ECE and other areas of the school who wishes they had waited to enroll their child in lower school because their experience in ECE especially with the principal, but not limited to her (pre-k teachers fail to prepare children for kinder and do not exhibit a true love for their jobs let alone the children) has been very disheartening to say the least. If I didn't have children in other areas of the school, I would not recommend Liberty if ECE was my only experience. I don't expect the school to be perfect and certainly understand my role as a parent but the foundation (ECE is often the first time some kids have been in school) should be a solid start and right now it's VERY shaky!!! While the school is building;please make repairs to the visible cracks, starting with the ECE leadership.

Liberty Christian School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has attended Liberty Christian School for the past three years. The Lower School was a very good experience for us. Once he moved to the Middle School, however, out entire experience soured. Some of the teachers are weak at best, and the principal backs his teachers to the end. Considerable favoritism is shown to the point of changing how tests will be graded, after the fact, to the favor of certain students. When I asked the principal to help with the issue, I was effectively told to mind my own business. If you can afford to buy the preferential treatment or have an athletically gifted child, you will probably love this school. The rest of us would rather take our students and money elsewhere. One last thing... beware of bait and switch with respect to course offerings. The website "needs to be updated" in their words.

Posted April 01, 2014
In the last year and half, I have met around 16-18 students from Liberty in various places. The students ages were 8-18 years old. All I can is this....I would love when my boys grow up that they would have the same demeanor and presence about them as the students I ve met. In short, the kids I met were just great kids. Liberty s product speaks for themselves. Recently, I have enrolled my boys into Liberty and they are extremely organized and the teachers are incredibly insightful. After a month or so, I can completely tell how much better they have improved not only academically but by becoming more caring and nurturing of their brother. Best of all, we can have conversations of God and they learning fundamental values that hopeful carry them throughout their lives. Yes, private school is expensive and we as a family will be doing some serious sacrificing to make it work and not be as comfortable. However, when both of us as parents work a lot of hours and don t really have ideal family as back up. We really need the extra support and encouragement that Liberty seems to offer.

Posted August 28, 2013
I was kind of blown away and bewildered by the negative reviews. This is our 7th year at Liberty each child has excelled academically and socially at this school. Out of the 14 different Liberty teachers my children have had, I have only had that happen once. It was my issue with the teacher not my child's. And even then the communication and interaction was there. I am not blind to think that every student and/or their parents who attends Liberty has an active relationship with God. But maybe instead of judging the behavior and attitude of others, we should work to lead by example. My children make me and my husband better Christians because of what they get from this school. Ultimately it is your decision on if your child should attend this school, but I have to wonder what the negative comments really stem from? Liberty has one of the highest re-enrollement % out there, and Ranked #1 of Texas's Private Schools last year. Values, spirituality, study habits, ect.. should all start at home Liberty Christian's job is to enforce and grow it.

Posted August 28, 2013
I write a review for Liberty Christian(LCS) from an inside/factual perspective. A teacher and member of committees, my experience has given me much appreciation for the efforts and success of the school. My child attends LCS, where I would want no where else. Spiritually, every effort is given to preach the Word. However, we are not a church, we are a supplement, we are not and should not be the main spiritual source. Academically, our students score above average on benchmark and AP exams, reported by college board, not the school, so no manipulation. In regards to short failings, every effort internally is made to make a change. No one can change this overnight. Christians are often mistaken as being perfect. We are human, born in sin and need God's grace just like everyone else. LCS is big enough to offer whatever your child desires. But, small enough to give your child the opportunity to not be another face in the crowd. All social and/or favoritism accusation is not on LCS. Kids are kids no matter where you attend, getting plugged-in, is part of your child's responsibility. Our goal is to prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child. - Faithful teacher.

Liberty Christian School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
I was a student at Liberty Christian for 4 years and it was a good environment. They have improved over the years and my only complaint is there is a little favoritism. Other than that the school is great takes care to make sure that students learn at a steady pace and that the school is BULLY FREE. Liberty Christian overall is amazing.
2 people found this helpful

Liberty Christian School 2

Posted June 23, 2013
Hate to poo poo the school BUT....I wish we had known the truth about Liberty. If you are looking for great academics or a real Christian environment, like we were, this probably isn't what you want. If you simply want to avoid public schools, it will work for you. Little to no teacher/parent interaction. Faculty/Administration consistently refuse to correct the multitude of internal problems. It's a safe,expensive, but safe mediocre school.

Liberty Christian School
1301 HWY 377, Argyle, TX  76226
(940) 294-2000
Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Liberty Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top