PK-12|Private
1,380 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers all care very much about the students, which makes the learning very effective. The math teachers needed to be improved in a few grade levels. I noticed they have replaced a few this year and last year for the better.

Amount of homework: Disagree

After a survey this year and feedback from many parents, the administration promised to work on making the work more meaningful and manageable. I have found it to be true this past semester - the load was very reasonable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Liberty helps to foster a relationship between the student and their Creator and Savior. This creates an accountability that is was beyond external appearance only, but a heartfelt desire to live in a way that pleases God - to love Him and His people.

We have had a great experience at Liberty. My kids have thrived at the challenge of a more rigorous curriculum. In private school, they tended to cruise because they could "take the test again for a higher score, so no need to study." Most importantly, their faith has grown in leaps and bounds. There are no perfect schools, but we believe in the leadership at Liberty and enjoy the other families so much!

Unfortunately, Liberty has not been a very good experience for any of my 3 children. We have 4 children (elementary through college) so I have experienced several private schools over the years. Liberty is truly the first one that I have had a challenge connecting with other families. More importantly, my kids have had quite a challenge. ~All 3 of my kids are high achievers and "A" students. (no matter how many hours they put in here, an A is not possible in some courses) They have struggled at Liberty to keep up with the overwhelming amount of unnecessary homework. Often having 4 or more tests in one day. Our previous schools were academically rigorous and challenging, but this amount is off the chart. My senior missed her senior trip and other activities/experiences to study. Both of my high school students have stopped volunteering and being involved in clubs ect. just to keep up. (with many tearful, midnight homework sessions) Yet, one expressed that she learned more in her last school in some subjects despite the workload here. ~My other high school student will not be returning because some kids cannot handle the pressure. The emotional cost for maintaining good grades is just too high. There are several families that have only some of their kids here because some can't handle it. You should ask about that before choosing the best place for your child. They definitely need to focus more on the whole child, rather than just inundating them with hours of homework. **The teachers here are beyond amazing!!! They truly love God and your kids!!** (If it weren't for them, we would've already left) If the administration were as loving, understanding, and compassionate as the teachers; and more families were more accepting... It would be a 5 star school. Sadly, that's not the case. PLEASE SPEAK WITH FAMILIES BEFORE YOU CHOOSE ANY SCHOOL (preferably not on the board) ~If you choose this school, please listen to your child. If they are struggling, it does NOT mean they are not trying their best. Also, ask the administration to put you with a family that has been here and can get you connected with other kind families and show you the ropes!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I believe the teachers are the only reason Liberty is open. They are truly amazingly caring and compassionate!

Amount of homework: Disagree

They assign an absurd amount of homework at every grade level. Many teachers don't even agree with the amount. A sport clinic with a paid speaker had to let out early because the high school students had too much homework. My children have missed many opportunities for service and extracurricular activities because of the amount of homework. My senior had to go in at 6:30am to take a test that she missed on a scheduled senior skip day. Yes, scheduled

Liberty is a great place for our kids where they can really try sports and fine arts along with academic pursuits. As a former teacher, I highly respect the academics. The reason we are there, however, is the spiritual impact. I've seen huge growth in both of our children, which ultimately will lead to the purposeful life of joy and happiness I wish for them! The rigor is quite high but doable (I would vote for a bit less homework). One person complained about the amount of staff with kids there - it seems like the best teachers know where they want their own kids ... and it makes it much more than a job for them. I like that aspect. They have drug testing to help the kids say no, as in, "Sorry, I can't try that because my school drug tests.' The testing is not because there is a drug problem. Liberty is not perfect - but every year we decide our kids' schooling and every year it's confirmed that Liberty is where our family should be.

If you notice, most reviews of Liberty Christian have either 5 stars or 1 star. That is because there is an "in" crowd and an "out" group. If your child is a star athlete OR you are willing to donate to the school above and beyond the tuition and hidden charges , your child will be treated with respect and will be favored. The only other way to have your student treated fairly is to get hired at the school. There is a HUGE percentage of the faculty and staff that have children who are current students at Liberty. I have witnessed children of large donors or children of staff commit egregious violations of the conduct code and receive a mere slap on the hand. If your child is creative or odd or free-spirited or questions whether the world is 6000 years old DO NOT send him/ her to this school. Liberty values conformity and lacks the capacity, it seems, to tolerate diversity. I ignored the negative reviews on this site regarding this school. Favoritism at Liberty is beyond anything I have ever witnessed. Wish I had heeded the warnings.

I was a student at liberty Christian my freshman and sophomore year and was very disappointed. Kids in athletics would be put in easier classes and be favored by teachers and all staff. Drugs were a huge thing when I went there and were even hidden from the school officials by coaches so there star players could participate. If you don't believe me you'll find out if your student goes there now there is mandatory drug tests for all students after this was discovered. This school was a joke I transferred out to Denton Highschool, despite being warned about drugs and violence, wasn't much different than Liberty. DONT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE IF YOU HAVE THE 17k dont waste it. Not to mention all the kids I still know that attend there and use drugs regularly. (They sell shampoo and all kinds of things to pass drug tests it's not hard)

Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12