PK-12|Private
1,380 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Liberty Christian School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 03, 2015
Campus Pastor Chris Searcy leads the staff and students in the Spiritual Life department. Amazing impact!

Liberty Christian School 4

Posted November 03, 2015
Liberty is a great place for our kids where they can really try sports and fine arts along with academic pursuits. As a former teacher, I highly respect the academics. The reason we are there, however, is the spiritual impact. I've seen huge growth in both of our children, which ultimately will lead to the purposeful life of joy and happiness I wish for them! The rigor is quite high but doable (I would vote for a bit less homework). One person complained about the amount of staff with kids there - it seems like the best teachers know where they want their own kids ... and it makes it much more than a job for them. I like that aspect. They have drug testing to help the kids say no, as in, "Sorry, I can't try that because my school drug tests.' The testing is not because there is a drug problem. Liberty is not perfect - but every year we decide our kids' schooling and every year it's confirmed that Liberty is where our family should be.

Posted October 08, 2015
If you notice, most reviews of Liberty Christian have either 5 stars or 1 star. That is because there is an "in" crowd and an "out" group. If your child is a star athlete OR you are willing to donate to the school above and beyond the tuition and hidden charges , your child will be treated with respect and will be favored. The only other way to have your student treated fairly is to get hired at the school. There is a HUGE percentage of the faculty and staff that have children who are current students at Liberty. I have witnessed children of large donors or children of staff commit egregious violations of the conduct code and receive a mere slap on the hand. If your child is creative or odd or free-spirited or questions whether the world is 6000 years old DO NOT send him/ her to this school. Liberty values conformity and lacks the capacity, it seems, to tolerate diversity. I ignored the negative reviews on this site regarding this school. Favoritism at Liberty is beyond anything I have ever witnessed. Wish I had heeded the warnings.

Posted July 31, 2015
I was a student at liberty Christian my freshman and sophomore year and was very disappointed. Kids in athletics would be put in easier classes and be favored by teachers and all staff. Drugs were a huge thing when I went there and were even hidden from the school officials by coaches so there star players could participate. If you don't believe me you'll find out if your student goes there now there is mandatory drug tests for all students after this was discovered. This school was a joke I transferred out to Denton Highschool, despite being warned about drugs and violence, wasn't much different than Liberty. DONT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE IF YOU HAVE THE 17k dont waste it. Not to mention all the kids I still know that attend there and use drugs regularly. (They sell shampoo and all kinds of things to pass drug tests it's not hard)

Posted March 05, 2015
Just a bit of advice....if you're going to inundate this site with positive reviews, you probably shouldn't do them all in one day. Otherwise, someone might think they are all coming from the same person.

Posted February 28, 2015
A friend told me about this website and I was shocked to read some for the reviews about our school. My daughter started LCS when she was 3 years old at the ECE and now she is in high school. We have loved the positive and encouraging environment that the school has offered her. It is true that it is not perfect - lots of homework but we believe it is teaching her to balance her activities and preparing her for college. LCS is her second home filled with teachers and students that love the Lord and love her! MY advice would be to read all these reviews BUT go to LCS, walk around and than make a decision for yourself based on truths that you see and feel! We love LCS and if you want to know why..... come by and see it first hand! I am thankful to God for our school.

Posted February 27, 2015
I have been a parent for over 17 years at Liberty and have watched the school grow and change. Liberty has been a wonderful influence on my children and support for our family. Liberty isn't a perfect school, but my children have always felt loved by the teachers and the administration. The school provides a very nurturing environment from ECE through 12th grade. Graduates are prepared for college and life experiences. I feel very blessed that Liberty has provided a sound foundation academically and spiritually for my children.

Posted February 27, 2015
LCS is the best! Our children have enjoyed this school and so have we as parents. The elementary school is full of love, caring teachers who show the true meaning of a Christian School. They pour love into every classroom and cherish each student individually. This is all a result of nurturing teachers and strong leadership from the ECE Principal who ensures the entire staff works toward the common goal of continued success of all students. This secure start from elementary carries through each grade and reminds me of the verse: "Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. The middle school carries on with the same level of commitment and encouragement for the students. It is truly a school which provides an exemplary college preparatory education in a loving Christian environment. In addition to the excellent education provided, LCS offers activities/events which bring the family together and helps the student grow. This is a place to build lasting relationships and bonds which will last a lifetime. Thank you LCS for all you do for our children and for making us proud to be a part of the LCS family.

Posted February 26, 2015
Liberty Christian School has been our second home for seven years and our two girls have thrived here in the classroom, in extracurricular activities, and spiritually. As a teacher and staff member, I've seen all aspects of the school. I'm in awe of the way God uses parents, students, and staff to bring up this generation to be strong leaders. It is not perfect - the homework is a bit heavy and the standards are high - but it prepares these students for college (and I've spoken to many alumni who are thankful). I'm disturbed by the review below about the ECE principal. I can only assume this is from a parent who is angry or bitter. Every parent I've spoken to has been thrilled with all aspects of the ECE program. I believe that is why there is a waitlist. I'm so sorry that this parent's experience was not as amazing as most. However, I encourage them to reach out to admin and share their complaints (and suggestions) to gain a better understanding and make Liberty an even better place! The heart of Liberty is to always be teachable and willing to improve. We have had opportunities to move, but could not because Liberty is the only place we would have our daughters!

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has attended Liberty Christian School for the past three years. The Lower School was a very good experience for us. Once he moved to the Middle School, however, out entire experience soured. Some of the teachers are weak at best, and the principal backs his teachers to the end. Considerable favoritism is shown to the point of changing how tests will be graded, after the fact, to the favor of certain students. When I asked the principal to help with the issue, I was effectively told to mind my own business. If you can afford to buy the preferential treatment or have an athletically gifted child, you will probably love this school. The rest of us would rather take our students and money elsewhere. One last thing... beware of bait and switch with respect to course offerings. The website "needs to be updated" in their words.

Liberty Christian School
1301 HWY 377, Argyle, TX  76226
(940) 294-2000
Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Liberty Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top