PK-12|Private
1,380 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Liberty Christian School 2

Posted May 10, 2016
Unfortunately, Liberty has not been a very good experience for any of my 3 children. We have 4 children (elementary through college) so I have experienced several private schools over the years. Liberty is truly the first one that I have had a challenge connecting with other families. More importantly, my kids have had quite a challenge. ~All 3 of my kids are high achievers and "A" students. (no matter how many hours they put in here, an A is not possible in some courses) They have struggled at Liberty to keep up with the overwhelming amount of unnecessary homework. Often having 4 or more tests in one day. Our previous schools were academically rigorous and challenging, but this amount is off the chart. My senior missed her senior trip and other activities/experiences to study. Both of my high school students have stopped volunteering and being involved in clubs ect. just to keep up. (with many tearful, midnight homework sessions) Yet, one expressed that she learned more in her last school in some subjects despite the workload here. ~My other high school student will not be returning because some kids cannot handle the pressure. The emotional cost for maintaining good grades is just too high. There are several families that have only some of their kids here because some can't handle it. You should ask about that before choosing the best place for your child. They definitely need to focus more on the whole child, rather than just inundating them with hours of homework. **The teachers here are beyond amazing!!! They truly love God and your kids!!** (If it weren't for them, we would've already left) If the administration were as loving, understanding, and compassionate as the teachers; and more families were more accepting... It would be a 5 star school. Sadly, that's not the case. PLEASE SPEAK WITH FAMILIES BEFORE YOU CHOOSE ANY SCHOOL (preferably not on the board) ~If you choose this school, please listen to your child. If they are struggling, it does NOT mean they are not trying their best. Also, ask the administration to put you with a family that has been here and can get you connected with other kind families and show you the ropes!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 14, 2016
I believe the teachers are the only reason Liberty is open. They are truly amazingly caring and compassionate!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 14, 2016
They assign an absurd amount of homework at every grade level. Many teachers don't even agree with the amount. A sport clinic with a paid speaker had to let out early because the high school students had too much homework. My children have missed many opportunities for service and extracurricular activities because of the amount of homework. My senior had to go in at 6:30am to take a test that she missed on a scheduled senior skip day. Yes, scheduled

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 03, 2015
Campus Pastor Chris Searcy leads the staff and students in the Spiritual Life department. Amazing impact!

Liberty Christian School 4

Posted November 03, 2015
Liberty is a great place for our kids where they can really try sports and fine arts along with academic pursuits. As a former teacher, I highly respect the academics. The reason we are there, however, is the spiritual impact. I've seen huge growth in both of our children, which ultimately will lead to the purposeful life of joy and happiness I wish for them! The rigor is quite high but doable (I would vote for a bit less homework). One person complained about the amount of staff with kids there - it seems like the best teachers know where they want their own kids ... and it makes it much more than a job for them. I like that aspect. They have drug testing to help the kids say no, as in, "Sorry, I can't try that because my school drug tests.' The testing is not because there is a drug problem. Liberty is not perfect - but every year we decide our kids' schooling and every year it's confirmed that Liberty is where our family should be.

Posted October 08, 2015
If you notice, most reviews of Liberty Christian have either 5 stars or 1 star. That is because there is an "in" crowd and an "out" group. If your child is a star athlete OR you are willing to donate to the school above and beyond the tuition and hidden charges , your child will be treated with respect and will be favored. The only other way to have your student treated fairly is to get hired at the school. There is a HUGE percentage of the faculty and staff that have children who are current students at Liberty. I have witnessed children of large donors or children of staff commit egregious violations of the conduct code and receive a mere slap on the hand. If your child is creative or odd or free-spirited or questions whether the world is 6000 years old DO NOT send him/ her to this school. Liberty values conformity and lacks the capacity, it seems, to tolerate diversity. I ignored the negative reviews on this site regarding this school. Favoritism at Liberty is beyond anything I have ever witnessed. Wish I had heeded the warnings.

Posted July 31, 2015
I was a student at liberty Christian my freshman and sophomore year and was very disappointed. Kids in athletics would be put in easier classes and be favored by teachers and all staff. Drugs were a huge thing when I went there and were even hidden from the school officials by coaches so there star players could participate. If you don't believe me you'll find out if your student goes there now there is mandatory drug tests for all students after this was discovered. This school was a joke I transferred out to Denton Highschool, despite being warned about drugs and violence, wasn't much different than Liberty. DONT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE IF YOU HAVE THE 17k dont waste it. Not to mention all the kids I still know that attend there and use drugs regularly. (They sell shampoo and all kinds of things to pass drug tests it's not hard)

Posted March 05, 2015
Just a bit of advice....if you're going to inundate this site with positive reviews, you probably shouldn't do them all in one day. Otherwise, someone might think they are all coming from the same person.

Liberty Christian School 5

Posted February 28, 2015
A friend told me about this website and I was shocked to read some for the reviews about our school. My daughter started LCS when she was 3 years old at the ECE and now she is in high school. We have loved the positive and encouraging environment that the school has offered her. It is true that it is not perfect - lots of homework but we believe it is teaching her to balance her activities and preparing her for college. LCS is her second home filled with teachers and students that love the Lord and love her! MY advice would be to read all these reviews BUT go to LCS, walk around and than make a decision for yourself based on truths that you see and feel! We love LCS and if you want to know why..... come by and see it first hand! I am thankful to God for our school.

Liberty Christian School 5

Posted February 27, 2015
I have been a parent for over 17 years at Liberty and have watched the school grow and change. Liberty has been a wonderful influence on my children and support for our family. Liberty isn't a perfect school, but my children have always felt loved by the teachers and the administration. The school provides a very nurturing environment from ECE through 12th grade. Graduates are prepared for college and life experiences. I feel very blessed that Liberty has provided a sound foundation academically and spiritually for my children.

1301 HWY 377, Argyle, TX  76226
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. (940) 294-2000
Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12