Argyle, TX
Students enrolled: 1,279

Liberty Christian School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has attended Liberty Christian School for the past three years. The Lower School was a very good experience for us. Once he moved to the Middle School, however, out entire experience soured. Some of the teachers are weak at best, and the principal backs his teachers to the end. Considerable favoritism is shown to the point of changing how tests will be graded, after the fact, to the favor of certain students. When I asked the principal to help with the issue, I was effectively told to mind my own business. If you can afford to buy the preferential treatment or have an athletically gifted child, you will probably love this school. The rest of us would rather take our students and money elsewhere. One last thing... beware of bait and switch with respect to course offerings. The website "needs to be updated" in their words.

Posted April 01, 2014
In the last year and half, I have met around 16-18 students from Liberty in various places. The students ages were 8-18 years old. All I can is this....I would love when my boys grow up that they would have the same demeanor and presence about them as the students I ve met. In short, the kids I met were just great kids. Liberty s product speaks for themselves. Recently, I have enrolled my boys into Liberty and they are extremely organized and the teachers are incredibly insightful. After a month or so, I can completely tell how much better they have improved not only academically but by becoming more caring and nurturing of their brother. Best of all, we can have conversations of God and they learning fundamental values that hopeful carry them throughout their lives. Yes, private school is expensive and we as a family will be doing some serious sacrificing to make it work and not be as comfortable. However, when both of us as parents work a lot of hours and don t really have ideal family as back up. We really need the extra support and encouragement that Liberty seems to offer.

Posted August 28, 2013
I was kind of blown away and bewildered by the negative reviews. This is our 7th year at Liberty each child has excelled academically and socially at this school. Out of the 14 different Liberty teachers my children have had, I have only had that happen once. It was my issue with the teacher not my child's. And even then the communication and interaction was there. I am not blind to think that every student and/or their parents who attends Liberty has an active relationship with God. But maybe instead of judging the behavior and attitude of others, we should work to lead by example. My children make me and my husband better Christians because of what they get from this school. Ultimately it is your decision on if your child should attend this school, but I have to wonder what the negative comments really stem from? Liberty has one of the highest re-enrollement % out there, and Ranked #1 of Texas's Private Schools last year. Values, spirituality, study habits, ect.. should all start at home Liberty Christian's job is to enforce and grow it.

Posted August 28, 2013
I write a review for Liberty Christian(LCS) from an inside/factual perspective. A teacher and member of committees, my experience has given me much appreciation for the efforts and success of the school. My child attends LCS, where I would want no where else. Spiritually, every effort is given to preach the Word. However, we are not a church, we are a supplement, we are not and should not be the main spiritual source. Academically, our students score above average on benchmark and AP exams, reported by college board, not the school, so no manipulation. In regards to short failings, every effort internally is made to make a change. No one can change this overnight. Christians are often mistaken as being perfect. We are human, born in sin and need God's grace just like everyone else. LCS is big enough to offer whatever your child desires. But, small enough to give your child the opportunity to not be another face in the crowd. All social and/or favoritism accusation is not on LCS. Kids are kids no matter where you attend, getting plugged-in, is part of your child's responsibility. Our goal is to prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child. - Faithful teacher.

Liberty Christian School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
I was a student at Liberty Christian for 4 years and it was a good environment. They have improved over the years and my only complaint is there is a little favoritism. Other than that the school is great takes care to make sure that students learn at a steady pace and that the school is BULLY FREE. Liberty Christian overall is amazing.

Liberty Christian School 2

Posted June 23, 2013
Hate to poo poo the school BUT....I wish we had known the truth about Liberty. If you are looking for great academics or a real Christian environment, like we were, this probably isn't what you want. If you simply want to avoid public schools, it will work for you. Little to no teacher/parent interaction. Faculty/Administration consistently refuse to correct the multitude of internal problems. It's a safe,expensive, but safe mediocre school.

Posted October 25, 2012
Our girls have really thrived academically and spiritually at Liberty. We are on our fourth year and both of our daughters have risen to the challenge of a rigorous curriculum. Liberty integrated 4MAT teaching a few years back, which educates the students according to various learning styles - it has been a hit with both kids and parents.The atmosphere at Liberty is joyful - they focus on preparing them academically for college, but even more importantly, they develop them into articulate leaders who are able to succeed in whichever field God leads them.

Liberty Christian School 3

Posted March 11, 2012
"i am just graduating form Liberty in may. and I for one can not believe what some of these parents and students have said. I would know better than ANYONE else on this site what Liberty is. first off, Liberty is like a second home to me" What an immature mindset to think that someone has had a different experience different than yours. Many families who began in Denton(including ours) and our finally saying "enough is enough". We are so relieved to be in a place where 4th graders are not texting boys, Christian mothers are covering their cleavages and talking about topics such as purity and modesty!

Liberty Christian School 3

Posted February 23, 2012
I am a sophomore at liberty, and it really is a great school. Everybody treats everybody with respect, the teachers are great for the most part, and I can leave my backpack out in the hallway without anything being taken. My only complaint is that they hand out too much homework, and I cannot do anything outside of school on weekdays. Bible, English, and science are the two classes where I actually do work in class, because I just take notes and quizzes in all my other classes.

Posted October 17, 2011
Our family loves this school. We have been a Liberty family for six years now. The staff is wonderful and the environment is inclusive and Christ centered. The only negative I see is the stringent teaching methods. Children all learn differently and there is no teaching outside the box at Liberty. You either make the grades or not...no extra credit offered either. I would love to see development of different teaching methods instilled in the staff to assist all students and their respective natural methods of learning. Of course in saying that tuition would naturally go up. There are always pros and cons in every school but the pros definitely outweigh the cons at Liberty.

Liberty Christian School
1301 U.S. 377, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Liberty Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top