Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Moving to Argyle was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. I am a student currently attending Argyle High School and I can't even begin to mention the racist and sexist jokes and slurs which escape from the mouths of the students, teacher, coaches, and administration. Argyle High School is more concerned with football and the football players that the teachers will purposely assign "easy" worksheets to help bring our grades up. This school is more concerned with sports than academics. There is a strict dress code which expects girls to hide their bodies, so the boys and male faculty can pay more attention in class. This is only perpetrating rape culture. One of my friends has been sexually harassed and I sat in class listening to my peers while they made rape jokes. There is a drug and alcohol problem at the school district, but all they care about is how we make them look from the outside. Bullying is another major issue in Argyle. If you're just a little different, they will make you a target. I know Argyle is a public school, but it often feels as if Christianity is shoved down my throat.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The only students that tend to matter are the football players then the cheerleaders and anyone else involved in sports.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying is a major issue at Argyle and teachers often tend to turn a blind ear.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

If you are slightly different from anyone else, you will be bullied.

Beware if you are moving to Argyle. Many people are happy here and that's terrific, but there are so many fine and wonderful families that have left/are leaving this school district because of bullying and irresponsible administration. Admin/teachers cover for each other and there is no accountability from the administration. If you take a concern to admin, the response will be "well there are so many great things in this school; you should be happy. We are the Lone Star Cup Winners for the past 3 years." Their focus is on winning at all cost. Athletics and Band are champions (and being in one of these is a must if you move out here) but be cautious on what and who you talk to. If a parent expresses any remark or concern about programs or procedures, your child will be chastised by the coaches/staff and will not play/participate. Parents sacrifice their child at the mercy of the winning programs. Children are learning you have to bite your tongue and follow the crowd in order to be accepted. If you are packing and moving out to Argyle with the huge growth coming this way.....good luck! You will meet some wonderful families but don't get fooled by the school district.

I am currently an eighth grade student in AMS. Just like what some other reviews have said about if you don't have any interests in sports, not to come to this school. These are correct. , personally don't play any sports and I'm in the band. I get made fun of a lot about " being fat because you don't play football." One more complaint too: wealthieness. I have looked around our school ever since I was in fourth grade for people with iPhones (almost everyone). And still, 9/10 of the schools population has better phones than my mom my dad and brother.I also get bullied about how " I'm poor because I have a $15 go phone." However, there is still 1/10 of our school that hasn't become spoiled rotten. So all in all, if you are a modest to low living family, your kid will get bullied, but have some cool friends. If you are a rich family, you're set, I just hope that I'm not slammed against a locker by him/ her. The teachers are great except for the few that don't actually like their jobs. You can just see it in their eyes.

This school is an amazing school with lots of teacher and parent over achievers support. They excel at EVERYTHING they attempt and don't settle for anything less. It's more of a college prep school. The whole community raises these kids and many of the teachers are also parents of the students.

This school has many teachers who try to get jobs teaching here so their own children can attend here. That says a lot about how great of a school this is!

School does a great job academically and athletically. They won the Lone Star cup again.

My child will be entering her junior year and I am very concerned if she will be prepared for college; I do not think the school concentrates on academics, they are more concerned with athletics; especially football. I realize it's a cultural thing in Texas, people live and breathe sports. The other issue I have is that it's supposedly a PUBLIC school but religion is shoved down the students throats. If I wanted my child to have a religious education, I would have sent her to a private Christian school. And because Argyle is a wealthy community, the drug and alcohol problems with students is VERY high. Don't let the administration tell you different, there is a big problem there. If you are a minority or if you are not in a high income bracket, your student will not be accepted. It's a typical all white, wealthy superficial Texas school. We moved to Argyle because it was supposedly such a great school district but that is not the case.

Last modified Argyle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.