Argyle, TX
Before care: Yes

Argyle High School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
I am currently an eighth grade student in AMS. Just like what some other reviews have said about if you don't have any interests in sports, not to come to this school. These are correct. , personally don't play any sports and I'm in the band. I get made fun of a lot about " being fat because you don't play football." One more complaint too: wealthieness. I have looked around our school ever since I was in fourth grade for people with iPhones (almost everyone). And still, 9/10 of the schools population has better phones than my mom my dad and brother.I also get bullied about how " I'm poor because I have a $15 go phone." However, there is still 1/10 of our school that hasn't become spoiled rotten. So all in all, if you are a modest to low living family, your kid will get bullied, but have some cool friends. If you are a rich family, you're set, I just hope that I'm not slammed against a locker by him/ her. The teachers are great except for the few that don't actually like their jobs. You can just see it in their eyes.

Posted December 04, 2013
This school is an amazing school with lots of teacher and parent over achievers support. They excel at EVERYTHING they attempt and don't settle for anything less. It's more of a college prep school. The whole community raises these kids and many of the teachers are also parents of the students.

Posted December 04, 2013
This school has many teachers who try to get jobs teaching here so their own children can attend here. That says a lot about how great of a school this is!

Posted August 12, 2012
School does a great job academically and athletically. They won the Lone Star cup again.

Argyle High School 1

Posted July 04, 2011
My child will be entering her junior year and I am very concerned if she will be prepared for college; I do not think the school concentrates on academics, they are more concerned with athletics; especially football. I realize it's a cultural thing in Texas, people live and breathe sports. The other issue I have is that it's supposedly a PUBLIC school but religion is shoved down the students throats. If I wanted my child to have a religious education, I would have sent her to a private Christian school. And because Argyle is a wealthy community, the drug and alcohol problems with students is VERY high. Don't let the administration tell you different, there is a big problem there. If you are a minority or if you are not in a high income bracket, your student will not be accepted. It's a typical all white, wealthy superficial Texas school. We moved to Argyle because it was supposedly such a great school district but that is not the case.

Posted October 06, 2010
The Argyle Schools show some negative raves from parents from 2006 & 2005, however the new Superintendent Dr. Telena Wright has seen to it that the schools now have a score of 10 out of 10 for Great Schools. Academics are extremely important to all the Administration and teachers. Championship Athletic programs are a plus along with Award winning band and those programs are the extras that keep many kids in school and moving on to college. Without extra curricular activities young children to young high schooler would perhaps become dropouts. Come checkout Argyle schools before you make a negative judgement. We may be small be we developing tomorrows leaders.

Argyle High School 3

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted January 06, 2008

Argyle High School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
You can see why Texas is graduting only about a third of high school students who are 'college ready' when you move to the Argyle School District. It's all about sports and band here. Academics are just something to pass the time until the end of the day when extracurricular activities begin. The School Board pays lip service to academics and the administrators of the district compares our falling ratings to other districts instead of accepting resposibility for them. Leadership is sorely lacking.

Posted January 03, 2006

Argyle High School
800 Eagle Dr, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Argyle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Argyle High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top