Mansfield Timberview High School

Public | 9-12 | 1628 students

Posted September 26, 2013

THIS SCHOOL HAS TAUGHT MY SON ON A LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE . TIMBERVIEW IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN TEXAS . THE TEACHERS ARE CARING AND ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PARENTS , . THE RESPONSE TIME IS VERY GOOD . I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS SCHOOL CHOICE FOR MY CHILDREN .

Posted July 8, 2012

I just graduated from Timberview and I am overall satisfied with my H.S. experience. Academically I took almost all Pre-AP/AP classes. In most of those classes I felt sufficiently challenged. I could not have imagined being happy in regular classes though because those kids didn't seem to be held to high standards. Athletically, Timberview is the most talented school in the district (in my opinion) which leads to increased school spirit. Also, I really appreciated the impact the student council had on the school, even though sometimes it seemed like StuCo kids got special treatment. However, the StuCo sponsor worked really hard to create a "community" within the school. While many probably take this for granted, Timberview is a very diverse school, and I personally really liked that. Things I didn't like included the school feeling overcrowded, which wont be an issue with the new high school opening. Also, while I loved the principal, a few of the assistant principals weren't friendly and didn't seem to give their best effort to help students. It always irritated me when first offense good kids go detention for not having an ID and bad kids got coddled! Still Im proud to be a wolf!

Posted July 13, 2011

not enough teacher support & students concern. Lack of healthy attitudes & self-discipline means that students with potential don't do their best. Often staff are good but energy is misdirected into small, unimportant areas & policies
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 28, 2011

I like when the school notify you of when your child has missed assignments /tests.

Posted April 2, 2011

To be honest, I only feel challenged in my AP classes. Other times during my regular classes, the teachers sometimes don't really even teach anything, sometimes all we do is sit there, and it feels like a waste of time. Obviously I don't expect major college prep in these classes, but I think we should at least be learning SOMETHING rather than sitting there and taking a nap the whole(even though I admit, I need it sometimes haha). I enjoy my AP classes because I am being challenged, but I think some teachers need to raise their standards just a little bit for the regular classes, so that we can at least have some type of education, I kind of wish now that I just took all AP classes instead of just 2 this year. Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty good school, we have awesome TAKS scores, but I just feel that some teachers just come to class just to be there, rather than to teach us.

Posted August 14, 2010

This will be my fourth year going to Timberview and I have never been more happier to attend. The teachers help you and are there for you if you need them. I have never been around teachers that I could actually have a personal/professional relationship with until I went to this school. The teachers challenge you and the school as a whole challenges you and encourages you to exceed. The people are great, which includes the students and everyone who works there. I have even become friends with some of the people who work the lunch line. They are the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone cares for each other at this school and you can always find someone who will help you with anything that you need. I have felt very welcome here and have met people that'll be in my life forever.

Posted February 26, 2010

Timberview is a great school....the teachers help you and the counselors are there when you need them. Their administration is good too. I don't know you people put down this great school. They better recognize!

Posted October 2, 2009

Thank God Mrs. Spain came to Timberview to help the school become recognized. It was her encouragement and drive that pushed our kids to excel in the classroom. I'm not very please with the current administration. I hope there is a change soon.

Posted August 27, 2009

I have been attending Timberview for a year now, and thus far it has been one of the most amazing learning experiences ever! The teachers are very caring, and treats each child with the same amount of respect that they would like to be treated with. The counselors are very helpful, and so on point, they get the job done, when its near imposible!

Posted August 11, 2009

I challenge the parent who mentioned the research paper to find me any high school in MISD who has 9th and 10th graders writing research papers, especially in non-AP classes. Timberview provides a solid education to those students who want it and for parents who encourage their kids. My daughter (graduate of 2007) is in her second year of college and doing just fine. My son will be a sophomore at Timbeview this year and he's doing just fine. The school has made great strides despite the negative press it receives from others. By the way, I thought pre-AP and AP classes were geared for students planning for college and needed the extra challenge. I wouldn't necessarily expect non pre-AP classes to provide much in the way of college prep.

Posted August 11, 2009

Preparing for college rests with parents and their student. A high school education offers opportunity and knowledge to move on to the next level. Private schools typically boast college 'prep'; having had a child graduate from another school within the MISD several years ago and now another getting ready to graduate from Timberview, I can say it wasn't what the high school taught my child about getting ready for college, it was what my child learned through involvement in school academics and extracurricular activities that is helping them. Ghandi said, 'Be the change we wish to see in the world'. Don't blame the system. Congrats Timberview on being 'Recognized'!

Posted August 10, 2009

My daughters were students there for almost 2 years. I don't know about the other parents, but I actually sat in the classes with my daughters and visited the school for over a month. I was none too pleased. When I spoke to some of the teachers about the lack of preparation for college for students in non pre-ap classes, I was told there really wasn't any. My daughters were there 9 and 10 grade and never wrote a research paper. Several, not 1 or 2, teachers told me I should probably put my children in another school. Textbooks not issued so in turn no homework. Good for them for making recognized, all I know is that they were not preparing my children for college.

Posted August 5, 2009

Mansfield Timberveiw has the best athletic and academic program in the district. This school has not received the recognition it should have due to the large minority population. The teachers are great and the students are really proud of their achievements. Being a recognized school in the state does not surprise me because this is an exceptional school.

Posted August 3, 2009

Way to Go! Timberview Wolves! Congratulations on being the FIRST MISD High School campus to achieve the Recognized rating! We are so proud of our children and teachers! Keep up the excellent work! With God, anything is possible!

Posted July 8, 2009

My son graduated from Timberview in 2007 and my daughter will graduate in 2010. I have been very pleased with the education that they have received from MISD and Mansfield Timberview HS. When the school first opened, it immediately gained a bad reputation due to some fights but as one parent previously mentioned in her review all high schools unfortunately have their share of fights. The key is for your child/ student not to get involved in the 'drama' and help do their part to keep the campus safe by reporting any illegal activities ( past, present, or future). Timberview has been designated a Recognized campus based on their 2008-2009 test scores, etc... which to my understanding is the first time a High School in Mansfield ISD has received such an honor. Congratulations to the students, faculty/ staff, and parents for making the grade !!!!

Posted August 21, 2008

I've attended the school for 2 1/2 years. It's a great school that's tone down over the years. The teachers and staff are a great help.

Posted July 15, 2008

the best school in district compare to education and physical fitness

Posted May 23, 2008

Believe it or not Timberview is not the bad, ghetto, black school everybody makes it out to be. I, myself am a student at Timberview by choice. I could have chosen to go to Mansfield but I didn't. People need to stop giving Timberview a bad rap based on what they've heard. Oh and did I mention our writing TAKS scores? Yeah beat that.

Posted April 15, 2008

I just want to set the Record Straight. Timberview is a great school. The Principal has years of experience and is a good person. The teachers do care. I have a personal relationship will all of my son's teachers and coaches. My daughter graduated from Timberview in 2007 with no problems. I always hear people put Timberview down, but it is a great school. Neither of my children have ever been in a fight or even suspended from school. If the kids and parents show interest in their education they should have NO PROBLEMS at Timberview. The have tutoring, and the teachers are always willing to help. Some of the other schools are just infested with drug addicts and kids with no morals. Yes there are fights, but every school has fights. That is just the way it is. We love the Wolves.

Posted May 16, 2007

Although boundaries changed our address to MHS, our son has opted to stay at TView. The coaches are great & really cared about the kids. The teachers never tire of my constant e-mails asking for help when our son has struggled. Parents are welcome to help in all areas unlike other schools where you are ignored if not from a certain area. The first year principal was offered a greater position in the Houston area that is nearer to family, the reason he left had nothing to do with the school. For being open only 3 years, Timberview has done great things!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

737 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

728 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

587 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

582 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

585 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

582 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

361 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

358 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

361 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

360 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students98%

Hispanic100%
Economically disadvantaged99%
Special education78%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

289 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

136 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

403 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

360 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

435 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

460 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

394 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

395 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

364 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

430 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

392 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 1%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • DERRELL DOUGLAS
Fax number
  • (817) 472-2980

Staff resources available to students
  • Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options