Arlington, TX
Students enrolled: 1,628

Posted August 28, 2014
Timberview High School students earned 20 million out of the districts 35 million dollars in scholarships. The teachers are excellent and highly motivated to address the needs of all students

Posted September 26, 2013
THIS SCHOOL HAS TAUGHT MY SON ON A LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE . TIMBERVIEW IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN TEXAS . THE TEACHERS ARE CARING AND ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PARENTS , . THE RESPONSE TIME IS VERY GOOD . I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS SCHOOL CHOICE FOR MY CHILDREN .

Mansfield Timberview High School 4

Posted July 08, 2012
I just graduated from Timberview and I am overall satisfied with my H.S. experience. Academically I took almost all Pre-AP/AP classes. In most of those classes I felt sufficiently challenged. I could not have imagined being happy in regular classes though because those kids didn't seem to be held to high standards. Athletically, Timberview is the most talented school in the district (in my opinion) which leads to increased school spirit. Also, I really appreciated the impact the student council had on the school, even though sometimes it seemed like StuCo kids got special treatment. However, the StuCo sponsor worked really hard to create a "community" within the school. While many probably take this for granted, Timberview is a very diverse school, and I personally really liked that. Things I didn't like included the school feeling overcrowded, which wont be an issue with the new high school opening. Also, while I loved the principal, a few of the assistant principals weren't friendly and didn't seem to give their best effort to help students. It always irritated me when first offense good kids go detention for not having an ID and bad kids got coddled! Still Im proud to be a wolf!

Mansfield Timberview High School 2

Posted July 13, 2011
not enough teacher support & students concern. Lack of healthy attitudes & self-discipline means that students with potential don't do their best. Often staff are good but energy is misdirected into small, unimportant areas & policies

Posted June 28, 2011
I like when the school notify you of when your child has missed assignments /tests.

Mansfield Timberview High School 4

Posted April 02, 2011
To be honest, I only feel challenged in my AP classes. Other times during my regular classes, the teachers sometimes don't really even teach anything, sometimes all we do is sit there, and it feels like a waste of time. Obviously I don't expect major college prep in these classes, but I think we should at least be learning SOMETHING rather than sitting there and taking a nap the whole(even though I admit, I need it sometimes haha). I enjoy my AP classes because I am being challenged, but I think some teachers need to raise their standards just a little bit for the regular classes, so that we can at least have some type of education, I kind of wish now that I just took all AP classes instead of just 2 this year. Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty good school, we have awesome TAKS scores, but I just feel that some teachers just come to class just to be there, rather than to teach us.

Posted August 14, 2010
This will be my fourth year going to Timberview and I have never been more happier to attend. The teachers help you and are there for you if you need them. I have never been around teachers that I could actually have a personal/professional relationship with until I went to this school. The teachers challenge you and the school as a whole challenges you and encourages you to exceed. The people are great, which includes the students and everyone who works there. I have even become friends with some of the people who work the lunch line. They are the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone cares for each other at this school and you can always find someone who will help you with anything that you need. I have felt very welcome here and have met people that'll be in my life forever.

Mansfield Timberview High School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
Timberview is a great school....the teachers help you and the counselors are there when you need them. Their administration is good too. I don't know you people put down this great school. They better recognize!

Mansfield Timberview High School 3

Posted October 09, 2009

Mansfield Timberview High School 0

Posted October 02, 2009
Thank God Mrs. Spain came to Timberview to help the school become recognized. It was her encouragement and drive that pushed our kids to excel in the classroom. I'm not very please with the current administration. I hope there is a change soon.

Mansfield Timberview High School
7700 South Watson Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Mansfield Timberview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mansfield Timberview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top