Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school is highly disorganized and undisclipined. The children are disruptive and there is much foul language. The teachers are overwhelmed and unable to control their classrooms, making it difficult to complete lessons. The classrooms are noisy and the teachers yell. It's a fight for my child to learn in this environment. Our team website is rarely updated and the resources are a hassle. It's very disappointing.

This school is an outstanding school...the teachers and staff go above and beyond for the students.

i love this school so much. had the best years of my life here i am a student here

My son is a special education student attending for the first year. I have never in my life seen him more happy, more engaged, and more interested in learning than he is now! He is doing VERY well, retaining what he is learning, and enthusiastic each day. I could not say enough wonderful things about the staff - ALL OF THE STAFF ARE AMAZING! Not just his teachers, but ALL OF THE ELECTIVE TEACHERS ARE AMAZING TOO! This, I'm quite sure, has much to do with the FABULOUS ADMINISTRATORS! Each person in this school has gone out of their way to create a school of caring, belonging, and very high level learning. It really breaks my heart it's only a two year campus!! Principal Thurston - you are amazing - and my son could not be in better hands!

I haev a 12 year old that is a proud Husky. This school has created a very warm and inviting learning environment. The teachers are easy to contact and keep communication open. The principal, Mr. Thurston, is very organized and always on campus. I love this school!

My child attends this school during 2008-2009 year. He is doing well in his class. However, I am very unsatisfied with this school. There are no communications between teachers and parents. The only thing that I know him doing well is his report card that comes home every six weeks. There are no emails or weekly letters that say which subjects teachers teach (or activities) during the week. How can a parent involve in teaching and tutoring a child when she or he has no ideas what he is studying in school? Also, there are no parent and teacher conferences probably because my child is doing well and he causes no problem in the school. On the first day of class back in August 2008, I provided teachers and the school my email address. Look like they collected that information and never communicate with parents.

I rate this school very high. My son transferred from another school in Arlington just after spring break. (We moved) Since he has been going to Icenhower, his whole attitude about school has changed. He does not come home angry and frustrated. He likes his teachers and is doing a much better job academically. Thank you staff of Icenhower.

We have had an excellent experience at Icenhower. My son has thoroughly enjoyed going to school there.

I have a 5th grade at Icenhower. I can't give a good recommendation because they have been unable to keep my child safe. There were 4 bully episodes/injuries in the first six weeks. No sepcific kid or group of kids, just bullys picking on kids whenever they think they can get away with it. After speaking w/ other parents, I know that this has been an ongoing issue for Icenhower for years. My child's team of teachers is great! The principal is likeable, but apparently ineffective at stopping bullying. I do not like the 5th grade VP. I have not once been involved in any decisions made regarding my child, and she neglected to send my child to the RN for a head injury!! Unacceptable!!

The school teachers, nurse, and counselors are very concerned and they do their best to ensure that the students learn in a safe environment

Last modified Della Icenhower Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.