Arlington, TX

Posted October 05, 2014
Thursday Oct.2, 2014 a storm hit right when it was time for the children to get out of school. The power also went out at that time within the school. The school did a good job of keeping the kids safe but they put "ALL" of the parents lives at risk! They did not welcome the endangered parents into the lobby! The winds were in excess of 86 to 110 miles which is F1 tornado winds. Two mothers & a screaming child were literally beating on the doors to get in & the people on the inside just stared at them like lunatics! They finally got in but the rest of the parents were literally trapped in their cars. Some parents began to run & beat on doors trying to get out of the dangerous storm because being in your car during F1, F2, & F3 winds can get you killed! I don't know what lunatic at the district told the school to lock out the endangered parents! That was freaking ridiculous & when the parents were finally able to make their way in, tempers flared like you wouldn't believe! Since, Dr. Morrison left, this district has rapidly gone down. The school didn't even know how to use common sense during a natural disaster. They didn't want to let endangered parents in! SMH

Posted September 28, 2014
MISD is one of the fastest growing districts in the state of Texas. Our son has had a great experience so far! We came from Lillard! As parents and our Community Representatives, we make our schools great! It takes involvement. Teachers are paid to teach and the.administrators are paid to administer. School is a place for opportunities to learn. In public schools, they cannot exclude. The teachers try to mold and enhance the students minds, even when it isn't available at home. It takes a village. If we all come together to make Coble great, we can change our own ratings from 1 star to 5 stars! If everyone volunteered hour per month per student, we could make great things happen! College class rooms are large and people who attend come ready to learn. Most achieve their goals! Together, WE can make the difference! Call the school and see what YOU can do! A Proud "Coble" Parent

Posted September 28, 2014
This is my second child to go to Coble. My children have been very successful at this school. Teachers are very good about updating me with the progress of my children and have been very approachable when I have needed to meet with them with my concerns regarding their grades. I do my part as a parent to build up a responsible child and they do their part to help them to be successful.

Posted September 27, 2014
I agree 100% with the parent who left the last comment. The school is definitely over crowded some classes have 35 students at one time. I feel sorry for the teacher , some of the have no experience this is they first year teaching. I want to know how can a teacher with no experience prepare our children to pass the STARR test. Our kids are being set up to fail , also some of the kids who transfered to Coble this year were problems at they previous school. Now you have combined 3 schools together and the problem kids are bullying the teachers and the students. Some of the teachers at Coble are afraid of the students who transferred to Coble. I didn't get the MEMO that Coble was being change to a ALTERNATIVE school. This school need help !!!!!!

James Coble Middle School 5

Posted August 11, 2014
James Coble has one of the best staffs in Mansfield ISD. Teachers are dedicated to the success of the students, academically and socially. The leadership is focused on student success, utilizing multiple strategies to help teachers become the instructional leader needed to drive student success. Besides, Coble is the ONLY MISD school that holds the title of AVID National Demonstration School.

Posted August 11, 2014
Excellent group of students during the last couple of years with minimal discipline problems. Students and teachers both have worked hard to earn the recognition as an AVID National Demonstration School for Mansfield ISD. Would like to see more parent involvement with PTA and continue to build the Coyote Spirit!

Posted April 16, 2014
James coble is by far the worst school I have sent my children to. Instead of uplifting and teaching the children it seems to be easier for them to target children with low self esteem and tear them apart like a lion would a lamb. They want to investigate petty information they get from so called concerned students. I could understand but if it was harmful to the student or others but never in my life have I had the most odd annoying phone calls than from the counselor or VP whatever she is. She talks circles around you and doesn't see the trauma she has caused all 3 of my students that have been there. You work with children learn how to talk to them instead of vendettas. This is our future. You chose your job!

James Coble Middle School 5

Posted February 24, 2014
Great School Love the staff Love dr ford It is a great school Though the parents involvement is not the best the students take control

Posted February 03, 2014
This is a school that faculties and leadership does not even know what their students are up to during class...

James Coble Middle School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
As a substitute, some classes were a little challenging to control. It is no wonder there are negative reviews about this school. The faculty/staff were okay but could have been better. Students need to work on being discipline, but this all comes from their parents that needs to discipline them. Teachers should add penalties for students who are very disruptive when substitute is in class.

James Coble Middle School
1200 Ballweg Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified James Coble Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Coble Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top