Arlington, TX

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
No, because they went as far as hiring unqualified and inexperienced teachers to teach core courses.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
An inappropriate incident took place in our child's class but the principal immediately sided with the teacher, despite the ability to disprove them, therefore I do not have faith in administrators ability to remain neutral while investigating matters relating to their employees.

James Coble Middle School 1

Posted June 09, 2015
Although, there are some really good teachers and office staff, there are numerous teachers who have no place being in a classroom, and there are administrators more than willing to cover up bad adult behavior. This year's 8th grade team consisted of several first year teachers who were not experienced enough to teach core courses. Coaches teaching core classes was a major issue because they lacked skill and professionalism. The kids even read a book about murder in class this year called "I know what you did last summer." We parents were not even notified. Children even had Unqualified teachers- teaching a core class! We got the district letter about unqualified teachers after the fact! The sad part is that this would have never taken place at some of the schools in the ritzy neighborhoods within the district . Our children were one big experiment this year. The first year teachers got to practice on our kids while the wealthier students at other schools in the district got a solid education. The principal at this school was also a major let down because he couldn't get his employees under control and he wasn't really implementing change. In other words, he didn't care and he was your typical public school official.

James Coble Middle School 5

Posted April 15, 2015
This has been a great year for our family! Our son has excelled academically and socially. They have given a lot of service back to the community! The teachers really care about the students. Tutoring is offered before and after school! Thank you Coble staff!
6 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 2

Posted January 15, 2015
There is a total lack of communication from the teachers . Phone calls will not be returned and emails will only be returned by a select few. If your child is a super organized student that never has issues, they will do fine. There are a few great teachers that offer tutoring and really care. But don't expect to get returned emails or phone calls about your concerns.
5 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
This is my second child to go to Coble. My children have been very successful at this school. Teachers are very good about updating me with the progress of my children and have been very approachable when I have needed to meet with them with my concerns regarding their grades. I do my part as a parent to build up a responsible child and they do their part to help them to be successful.
6 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 1

Posted September 27, 2014
I agree 100% with the parent who left the last comment. The school is definitely over crowded some classes have 35 students at one time. I feel sorry for the teacher , some of the have no experience this is they first year teaching. I want to know how can a teacher with no experience prepare our children to pass the STARR test. Our kids are being set up to fail , also some of the kids who transfered to Coble this year were problems at they previous school. Now you have combined 3 schools together and the problem kids are bullying the teachers and the students. Some of the teachers at Coble are afraid of the students who transferred to Coble. I didn't get the MEMO that Coble was being change to a ALTERNATIVE school. This school need help !!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 5

Posted August 11, 2014
James Coble has one of the best staffs in Mansfield ISD. Teachers are dedicated to the success of the students, academically and socially. The leadership is focused on student success, utilizing multiple strategies to help teachers become the instructional leader needed to drive student success. Besides, Coble is the ONLY MISD school that holds the title of AVID National Demonstration School.
4 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
Excellent group of students during the last couple of years with minimal discipline problems. Students and teachers both have worked hard to earn the recognition as an AVID National Demonstration School for Mansfield ISD. Would like to see more parent involvement with PTA and continue to build the Coyote Spirit!
3 people found this helpful

James Coble Middle School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
Last year, my child was under Mr. Moore's band leadership & my child excelled. This year there is a new band leader & she seems to favor female students. We just went & wasted 2 hours, during a work week, for a band awards ceremony, to see the same set of clarinet playing female students be given awards. Several of the younger students play with the older 8th grade Honors Band & none of those kids were acknowledged for that great feat. This years band leader is not very warm & she gave an award to a girl based on her waiting at the door for her each day! OMG. These are children! I do not know if I want my child to continue in Honors Band if it is going to be a clique . Mr. Moore was very fair but I am not impressed this year.

1200 Ballweg Road, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified James Coble Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Coble Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top