Janet Brockett Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Janet Brockett has gone downhill due to the dictatorship environment fostered by their now 2 year term principal. A great leader gets the team motivated, does not show blatant favoritism, does not prevent or restrain an employee from advancement or opportunity, does encourage participation, does show gratitude, and does act towards each direct report with courtesy, professionalism, and fairness. The current principal at Janet Brockett fails in all aspects noted above. It is recommended that an independent investigation be performed into her leadership style without repercussion to any employees questioned. Currently, the majority of the employees this independent interrogator has spoken with, fear this principal's retaliation. Please address MISD school board. Thank you.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2013
This rating has to do with my child's teach this year in 3rd grade. This was a new teacher brought in from Arlington. She does not motivate the children; she is the only 3rd grade teacher that follow the same teaching convention as the other teachers in that grade. This is visibly causing her students to be behind the other 3rd grade students in math/reading. I am teaching my child not her! If I wanted to home school I would have done that!

Janet Brockett Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
I think my low rating has mostly to do with my child's own teacher. In the First grade, it is apparently VERY important for the children to work VERY independently. I frankly think that is a cop-out. First grade is too young for that. My child really hates her class, and is sick and tired (as am I) with the fact that she is openly reprimanded in class when Mom and Dad forget to sign a paper - by the teacher's deadline. My child did have three really wonderful days recently though. She came home happy, and woke up ready to go back to school. They had a substitute. That really says it all. I'm also told that this teacher and their spouse are very close friends, and spends a lot of social time with the Principal and his wife outside of work. That says a lot too. Thank God we have moved, and she will attend Smith next year.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2011
Not very Impressed w/ this School, Vice Principal and Staff Unsatisfactory.I had mixed reviews on putting my child in this location from neighbors.I believe I will Move before going through another yr of headaches and Frustration.Like th other reviewer said, listen to your child you just may learn something.

Posted February 22, 2010
This is NOT one of Mansfied's finest. As you can see, the rating are going down. There is a reson for that. Listen to your children and report what you know. Some parents feel like that don't have a voice and just let the bad things continue. Stay up and be heard. Please don't allow all of this bad stuff continue at this school. Stand up and be heard! We are our children's voices.

Posted February 18, 2010
Beware of this school. It is unfocused. The prinicipal and asst. prinicipal would rather keep their friendship with the staff than focus on the children education and safety. They have a blind eye to what's going on. Parents - please go and see what's going on at this school and listen to your kids. If they come home and tell you things that you just wouldn't believe is happening. Please believe it. It's some awful things happening at this school.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am a grandparentof a special need child that is attending this school. I also have another child that has attended Janet Brockett and has moved on to a Middle school in MISD system. I could never say enough good things about this school and the staff.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2008
I really loved my daughter's first grade teacher. She always kept us informed by sending home notes and emails. Any time I emailed her with a question she was very prompt in responding. She really helped my child learn to read and understand math. It was a great year!

Janet Brockett Elementary School 5

Posted April 18, 2008
I absolutely love teaching at Janet Brockett Elementary; I have never worked with such a dedicated and compassionate staff. I have never had a class full of as many invovled parents as I do this year; they have been absolutely amazing. This is my first year at Janet Brockett, and I am impressed with the principal's dedication to meet the needs of every child. I truly appreciate the teamwork from everyone involved at this school.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 5

Posted April 04, 2008
This is the best school I have ever taught at. The principal is always taking input from parents and staff and working to make our school better and better each year. He expects a lot out of us but it is all for the betterment of the students. He works really hard to give struggling students every available resource. His door is always open to hear questions, concerns, and comments. Sometimes parent participation is not as high as other schools but that is because our parents work hard to make a good life for their kids. They are not always available to donate their time but I believe they do their best. Our campus is fun loving, respectful, and child centered. There is a lot of learning that goes on here that seems to be overlooked. Everything from laptop computers to theater is incorporated in their learning.

Janet Brockett Elementary School
810 Dove Meadows Drive, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Janet Brockett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Janet Brockett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top