Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
As a new teacher to the building, you didn't know what to expect ... Thanks The smiles and constant support when my child wasn't so great....Thanks Everyday you started over and were a consistent role model... Thanks You taught with a compassion that demonstrated intential planning...Thanks You were the topic of our dinner conversation over and over.... Thanks You've made it through a entire year and you didn't go insane... Thanks I honestly want you to know you have changed my child's life forever!!! You a GREAT TEACHER!!! Thanks

Janet Brockett Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2016
They teachers and administration try to build up students by being positive and educating all students is a key value.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 15, 2015
Not sure how to answer this. It's enough homework for what they are teaching but the curriculum is behind

Posted September 15, 2015
I'm so glad I listened to other parents and put my son I private school. The kindergarten program at this is school is terrible and rivals that of a pre k daycare. Leadership in this school is not up to par. This is not a place you should trust to teach and grow your child

Posted January 21, 2015
I was worried about this school from the ratings when my son attended kinder last year. My fears were confirmed when he got little to no education. We even tried to sell our home to get out of this school.He had to go back this year as we can not put him in a private school. This year was even worse. His teacher has kids running all around the room and can not control her class. The principle is not much help either. She will not return email, phone calls, or notes left for her. My son has been removed from class to receive instruction by a teacher that is not certified which is against policy. I had to call the school board before i could get any answers from the school. My son will did not continue at this school. I would home school before i would send my child here. This is not only a dangerous school for children but they do not get any sort of education. This may be the reason that the school is a title one non performing school. This principle needs to be removed and the staff needs further training.

Posted April 29, 2014
Janet Brockett has gone downhill due to the dictatorship environment fostered by their now 2 year term principal. A great leader gets the team motivated, does not show blatant favoritism, does not prevent or restrain an employee from advancement or opportunity, does encourage participation, does show gratitude, and does act towards each direct report with courtesy, professionalism, and fairness. The current principal at Janet Brockett fails in all aspects noted above. It is recommended that an independent investigation be performed into her leadership style without repercussion to any employees questioned. Currently, the majority of the employees this independent interrogator has spoken with, fear this principal's retaliation. Please address MISD school board. Thank you.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2013
This rating has to do with my child's teach this year in 3rd grade. This was a new teacher brought in from Arlington. She does not motivate the children; she is the only 3rd grade teacher that follow the same teaching convention as the other teachers in that grade. This is visibly causing her students to be behind the other 3rd grade students in math/reading. I am teaching my child not her! If I wanted to home school I would have done that!

Janet Brockett Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
I think my low rating has mostly to do with my child's own teacher. In the First grade, it is apparently VERY important for the children to work VERY independently. I frankly think that is a cop-out. First grade is too young for that. My child really hates her class, and is sick and tired (as am I) with the fact that she is openly reprimanded in class when Mom and Dad forget to sign a paper - by the teacher's deadline. My child did have three really wonderful days recently though. She came home happy, and woke up ready to go back to school. They had a substitute. That really says it all. I'm also told that this teacher and their spouse are very close friends, and spends a lot of social time with the Principal and his wife outside of work. That says a lot too. Thank God we have moved, and she will attend Smith next year.

Janet Brockett Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2011
Not very Impressed w/ this School, Vice Principal and Staff Unsatisfactory.I had mixed reviews on putting my child in this location from neighbors.I believe I will Move before going through another yr of headaches and Frustration.Like th other reviewer said, listen to your child you just may learn something.

Posted February 22, 2010
This is NOT one of Mansfied's finest. As you can see, the rating are going down. There is a reson for that. Listen to your children and report what you know. Some parents feel like that don't have a voice and just let the bad things continue. Stay up and be heard. Please don't allow all of this bad stuff continue at this school. Stand up and be heard! We are our children's voices.

810 Dove Meadows Drive, Arlington, TX  76002
Last modified Janet Brockett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.