Carol Holt Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2013
This school appeared to be a great environment for our child when we first visited. The programs offered seemed especially engaging and interesting. It turned out that the kids were very nice overall but the staff is where you will find gossipy bullies. Mary Price (receptionist) will listen in on calls after she has transferred them....especially if you decline to give your name and reason for calling. I am talked down to routinely by Ms. Price and Ms. Barrie Page. My student went from honors to struggling and won't trust a single staff member due to bullying and name calling by the staff to the students. This school is a lawsuit waiting to happen and will turn your student from eager and excited about school to dreading every day.

Carol Holt Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2011
Great programs and very attentive staff. They challenge the students and have computer and art courses starting in Kindergarden. The classroom sizes are perfect (18 - 22) and the equipment is up-to-date. The staff is always very nice and accomodating.

Posted June 28, 2011
I love teaching at Holt! I have taught in two other districts and this school is by far THE BEST. The students are actually very well behaved. All schools have some students who struggle. At Holt we have students from all walks of life. They are all great kids. Our PTA is awesome. They do a lot to raise money for our students to provide them with great opportunities. The staff is friendly, helpful, and LOVES kids. We work as a team and are a lot like a family. It makes me sad that a parent would say the kids here are trouble. That is so far from the truth! Every school, even private, has its uninvolved parents and students who struggle. Also, the rating that parent stated is not actually accurate. Check the MISD website for current school ratings. I think any parent moving their child from Holt will regret it later and choose to return. The parental involvement here is actually the highest at any school I have taught at and I have found the parent support to be wonderful!

Carol Holt Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2011
We built a house in this school zone strictly because of the school. In one year, this school went from being Exemplary to Academically Acceptable. Although my daughter learned a lot and had a great teacher, the kids she was influenced by were not great. The lack of involvement from parents is very evident in many children in the school. I was really disappointed in her first year of public school and I am pulling her out at the end of the year. Sadly I know of several other parents that are doing the same. I was very impressed when I first visited the school but actually having a child enrolled there is very different. Again, my child's teacher was very supportive but many of the kids there are trouble.

Posted January 21, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted September 05, 2008
I Feel very secure dropping my childern off at this school knowing that they are very safe and protected as well as having an excellent learning system provided by the school. The staff and teachers are very friendly,helpful and polite. But overall the learning system is grand!

Posted August 03, 2008
Carol Holt is a great school with a wonderful, friendly staff. Teachers are very caring and are able to academically challenge my children. A very positive atmosphere with alot of windows. There is a lot of parental involvement and support for this school. My only concern is the playground: no shade and very limited equipment. I am hoping they will upgrade.

Posted August 01, 2008

Posted July 11, 2008
Great School my kids have been here since the opening, the teachers are greatand the staff is awesome!!!

Carol Holt Elementary School
7321 Ledbetter Road, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified Carol Holt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carol Holt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top