Arlington, TX

Posted February 15, 2015
I have two children who went to Holt and they both enjoyed their teachers and the friends they made. As a parent I enjoyed volunteering and working with the staff and students. Everyone made made my children feel loved and cared for from the time they got out of the car until I picked them up. Both kids participated in several after school activities.

Posted February 12, 2015
My son went to Carol Holt from 1st - 4th grade. I love the staff in the front office and all of the teachers he had were great. I still frequently go by to see them, we have missed being at Carol Holt.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 10, 2015
Carol Holt Elementary is a place where you will find an outstanding staff! I have enjoyed having both of my two sons go through Holt. I am impressed by the many programs and activities that they have in and out of school. This is a great school and the kids are awesome! My boys have made really good friends here and I have also met some really great parents. Keep up the great work Holt! We love you.
4 people found this helpful

Carol Holt Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
Out of all the schools that my daughter has gone to in dfw area, this is the worse school, she has had more kids mistreat her and no one does anything, most of the staff that I've interacted with (besides the receptionist/secretary and the nurse) are rude, cold, and not minority friendly and I pray to God that we move far enough from this area to be out of there school zone to where my baby girl can attend a better school. I'm really disappointed because I heard good things before I moved here about the district sad to see that it was all talk.

Posted February 05, 2015
This school was amazing for my son. The staff always did what was in his best interest. They honestly cared about him. He has since moved on to another school and sadly hasn't had a great experience there. He was a straight A student at Holt and has continued that success in all Pre AP classes. We love Holt.
3 people found this helpful

Carol Holt Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2011
Great programs and very attentive staff. They challenge the students and have computer and art courses starting in Kindergarden. The classroom sizes are perfect (18 - 22) and the equipment is up-to-date. The staff is always very nice and accomodating.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 28, 2011
I love teaching at Holt! I have taught in two other districts and this school is by far THE BEST. The students are actually very well behaved. All schools have some students who struggle. At Holt we have students from all walks of life. They are all great kids. Our PTA is awesome. They do a lot to raise money for our students to provide them with great opportunities. The staff is friendly, helpful, and LOVES kids. We work as a team and are a lot like a family. It makes me sad that a parent would say the kids here are trouble. That is so far from the truth! Every school, even private, has its uninvolved parents and students who struggle. Also, the rating that parent stated is not actually accurate. Check the MISD website for current school ratings. I think any parent moving their child from Holt will regret it later and choose to return. The parental involvement here is actually the highest at any school I have taught at and I have found the parent support to be wonderful!
2 people found this helpful

Carol Holt Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2011
We built a house in this school zone strictly because of the school. In one year, this school went from being Exemplary to Academically Acceptable. Although my daughter learned a lot and had a great teacher, the kids she was influenced by were not great. The lack of involvement from parents is very evident in many children in the school. I was really disappointed in her first year of public school and I am pulling her out at the end of the year. Sadly I know of several other parents that are doing the same. I was very impressed when I first visited the school but actually having a child enrolled there is very different. Again, my child's teacher was very supportive but many of the kids there are trouble.

Posted January 21, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009

Carol Holt Elementary School
7321 Ledbetter Road, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified Carol Holt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carol Holt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top