No rating

Merryhill School

Private | PK-5 | 350 students

Student diversity

Living in Arlington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $91,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted June 25, 2013

My daughter has attended Merryhill for over a year and just completed Kindergarten. Their Kindergarten program was by far the best I have seen. My daughter enjoys going to school every day and loves her teachers and the staff at Merryhill. I love to hear all of the teachers and staff say good morning to her when we come in and not just good morning to me. It shows that they really care about her.

Posted December 7, 2011

This is a great school with highly qualified teachers, friendly staff members, and excellent administration. My children have excelled academically and emotionally. I highly recommend.

Posted November 12, 2011

My two sons have been enrolled over the past two years and have excelled academically. I find the admininstration and faculty to be extremely caring and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this school!

Posted October 27, 2010

My daughter has attended Highpointe/Merryhill for over two years now and there couldn't be a better environment for her. Every parent wants a safe and nuturing setting for their child, but when I drop her off every morning it feels like leaving her in the hands of family. Also, my daughter is higher risk for febrile seizures. They have completely gone above and beyond when handling any situation that arises, even visting in the hospital. Couldn't ask for a better a staff!

Posted March 18, 2010

No hands on activities for students, and very low quality administration. It seems there is no parent/teacher communication, and most if not ALL of class time is spent on behavior. Almost all of the teachers yell. I would not recommend this school to ANYONE. Parents who send their children to a school like this knowingly do not care about their child's future. (academically or emotionally!)

Posted January 30, 2010

I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality preschool and elementary program!

Posted September 2, 2009

Working here was not a good experience, as a worker you are treated like you work at a daycare, and no discipline or consistency is enforced. There was little to none communication between staff members, and very little hands on activities for the students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 17, 2009

This is an excellent school, and I would recommend it to others. We have tried several other PRE-K classes, but this is the best.

Posted July 13, 2009

I have had two children at the preschool in the last several years and unfortunately I can not endorse this school to other families. It's truly a daycare environment, running day to day without any sign of improving. There is a high teacher turnover and the adminstration doesn't seem to have a clue as to what is going on in the classroom. I am very happy to have moved on.

Posted April 28, 2009

My daughter started here at what I believed was a little behind, within 2 months at 2 she knows and says colors, shapes, abc's to j, and counts to 5. Her talking went from a 15 word vocabulary to now she repeats almost anything else! Our amazing teach Ms. Ruby also has take her a few Spanish words and she uses them on a daily basis! My little girl saying gracias is the cutest thing! I would definately suggest this school to family and friends.

Posted January 27, 2009

The school is excellent, and very good to the kids.

Posted November 10, 2008

My 16 month old son was enrolled in the school. The school has some great staff members but it's a hit or miss. In my case, I ended up with a teacher's aide in my son's class that was unprofessional. The school is unresponsive to parent's complaints and has a tendency to defend the staff instead of addressing the issues of the parents.

Posted June 21, 2008

I have had 3 children there over 15 years. They are excellent and working with parents and kid's needs. I felt my kid's were challenged as well as those that needed extra assistance. I know the owner and administrators have many many years of experience.

Posted May 16, 2008

Highpointe has changed over the years since I had my oldest enrolled there. Now that I have a younger child, the student body and staff has changed. It seems as though lots of turn-over and lack of discipline has taken its toll. I have decided to pull my child at yar-end.

Posted May 2, 2008

Bar none! This is the most outstanding school for a child to attend and grow with. It has all the components that ensure your child will develop into the adult that will shape the world into a better place for all humanity.

711 West Arbrook Blvd