Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Newman International Academy Of Ar 2

Posted July 12, 2016
We had a couple great teachers but as far as the school as a whole, there is a lot of room for improvement. Communication is terrible and the school is disorganized. It could be a good school if they would focus on improving in these areas but instead, they are focused on opening more and more campuses. I also found Newman to be a very stressful and demanding environment.

Newman International Academy Of Ar 1

Posted May 27, 2016
My daughter attended the Cedar Hill location this year. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! What happened to hiring teachers that are qualified and passionate about TEACHING. My daughter struggled ALL year in EVERY subject, The ELAR teacher didn't know if she was coming or going with her lesson plans half the time. The math teacher was young and MEAN. It is evident that teaching is not her calling, even when speaking with her to try and get my child on a good path, she was condescending and rude. The crazy thing is that 3 years ago, when they were first starting, I had my oldest, who has always been a straight A student at the Arlington location, she was struggling to understand lessons plans because the teachers were ALL OVER THE PLACE. I pulled her and she was right back on a good path and in her AP classes at the other school in which we placed her. I blame myself for thinking that they would evolve and change into something greater. I let my youngest down horribly at this nightmare of a school this year. She didn't learn ANYTHING. It's going to be a LONG summer getting her back up to speed to be ready for the next grade. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO ANY OF THEIR LOCATIONS

Posted April 23, 2016
Our daughter has attended Newman for almost 2 years and she is soaring. The school provides a very nurturing environment and has an expectation that everyone will be treated with kindness, love and respect. Our daughter's academic skills have improved by leaps and bounds due to the positive environment of the campus. She is soaring at Newman and has regained her confidence and her happy disposition. She looks forward to going to school every day. The teachers, staff and administration truly care about the students. Newman has been an answered prayer for our family. We feel blessed. If you want a school where you can leave your child every day knowing they will be taught and cared for as if they were their own children, Newman is the answer.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 23, 2016
I would like to say thank you to all of the admin, teachers and staff. They have changed our daughter's life forever. They have loved and nurtured her and truly care about her. She is thriving in the environment at Newman!

Posted April 14, 2016
I absolutely love this school. My son had been bullied previously and this school is a safe haven! The teachers are fabulous and care about the children. My son has flourished socially, academically, and athletically. My daughter has also had amazing teachers. She was struggling with self esteem because she began having focus issues in class. One evening her teacher called her on the phone because of a paper she had written. The paper was on leadership and my daughter felt she couldn't be a leader of she was struggling with forgetfulness. Her teacher called to tell her how much she was a leader in class and that she is so special. She went on to encourage her and built her up emotionally! I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for the influence this school has had on my children and their future!

Posted April 13, 2016
We have been at Newman for 3yrs. My child's teachers in pre-k thru 1st have all been fantastic! the school is not perfect, but it is perfect for us.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 30, 2016
I would like to say "thanks" to the school leader Dr. George. She has taught us what to look out for when selecting a new school next year. Look not at what they say but at what they are actually doing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 30, 2016
I almost gave this a very effective because they are actually very good at making the students hate school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 30, 2016
The amount of homework is just fine. The problem is that the homework is not relevant to what they teach in the class. Several night I stay up until midnight explaining what the teachers were unwilling or unable to handle in the classroom.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 30, 2016
You have to have grit, determination and persistence to survive in this toxic environment. Your child learn survival of the fittest quickly.

2011 South Fielder Road, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Newman International Academy Of Ar is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.