Public charter
Arlington, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted November 20, 2014
This is my kids first year at Newman Academy and they are loving it, they feel challenged and included by the many activities they are constantly doing with their classes. My son (5th grader) was so impressed and excited about their egg drop project that he can't wait to get started on his science fair project. The staff has gone more than once out of their way to make them feel unique and that is something that I'm very thankful for.

Posted November 19, 2014
Newman Academy is a charter school with the benefits of a private school. from the Administration to the janitors there is a level of excellence around every corner. So many activities for the children to participate in and willing staff and teachers to help parents be a strong part of the school. They just had an event for Veterans day with the Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and over 1200 in attendance. I was in tears as the children sang pledge there alligiance to our great country through song and speeches. The heart of Newman is to make a difference in the future generations, through top notch teachers, curriculum, after school activities, and community participation. Legacy's are being formed here and we are so glad to be involved.

Posted November 14, 2014
Our daughter has attended Newman for almost 2 years and she is soaring. The school provides a very nurturing environment and has an expectation that everyone will be treated with kindness, love and respect. Our daughter's academic skills have improved by leaps and bounds due to the positive environment of the campus. She is soaring at Newman and has regained her confidence and her happy disposition. She looks forward to going to school every day. The teachers, staff and administration truly care about the students. Newman has been an answered prayer for our family. We feel blessed. If you want a school where you can leave your child every day knowing they will be taught and cared for as if they were their own children, Newman is the answer.

Posted November 14, 2014
Our daughter has been attending NIAA for two years and it has been a gift from God. She has thrived and is truly cared for at Newman and even though Academic excellence is important at Newman; it appears that building well rounded students is their higher calling.

Posted November 13, 2014
My daughters attend NIAA and what a wonderful environment for my children! So positive and uplifting! The focus on developing character and challenging the students academically has offered my children academic success! At NIAA everything is done with the children in mind! The teachers are warm, friendly and kind! They take their time to teach the students to ensure they understand the information. Zero tolerance for bullying, the students are treated with love and respect! I am not a person trust anyone with the care of my children I'm not easily impressed. When a teacher can tell you exactly who your child is this early, they are paying attention! Ms. E helps my daughter through any struggles the day may bring in a positive manner to make good choices to stand for what they believe in and to be the best she can be. Mrs. Windham teaches my youngest daughter who struggles with focusing, but not here!!! Honor roll baby! This reinforces the values that we teach at home and that is priceless! My daughters are excelling in every way! They come home excited about the things they have learned each day, and can't wait to go to school!

Newman International Academy Of Ar 3

Posted October 18, 2014
My children have attended this school for 2 1/2 years. This year has been the most confusing. I stuck it out and gave them time to get it together. I have contacted the school for a year in finding out differents ways to help my daughter whom seems to have a learning disability but was told that I have to wait until she is in 2nd grade to get help for him. I have other children that attend and make all A's. If your child struggles and needs 504 plans or has an underlying learning disability please keep them in public schools. They don't care about those students. It's too much paperwork. My children hate the TV dinner like lunches. I haven't left is because I can drop all my children off at one location or so I thought. It takes almost 40 minutes to drop and pick up my children because I have to get in 3 different lines due their grades. My 5th grader I have to actually go off campus to a shopping center to get him. I wish for parents with multiple children that they will make it easier. This will be there last year. Not to mention the school shooting threats that are being made by the bigger kids. Last year a pistol like Bebe gun was found on campus.

Newman International Academy Of Ar 1

Posted October 15, 2014
My kids are on their second year and the first year went good. It didnt. So I thought I made a good decision by moving my kids from our public school to this Academy. But now this year it has been nothing but bad news. My kids report cards are horrible. From A's & B's last year to barely passing. The one thing that ticks me off about this school, is no one has a correct answer for any of the issues or concerns of parents. They just give you excuses to everything that happens. Their organization is horrible with as many people they bring in. Every teacher or front desk person I have brought issues to concerning my kids safety and well being just brush me off, with a someone will get with you or we will address the issue. NOTHING ever gets done. They have all the right words to paint a pretty picture. Now going into my second year the staff and teachers are lost. And they are taking the kids with them. I pray that this school can take a moment and look at the bigger picture and stop running in circles. Our kids are suffering. They need to stop trying so hard in looking good and they need to do good for the kids sake. YOU TALK THE TALK, NOW WALK THE WALK.

Newman International Academy Of Ar 2

Posted October 10, 2014
Very dissatisfied with Niaa! High ratio per class just like public school, administration rude and hard to reach when problems occur, children have no playground but plenty of powerlines to play under, they care more about Niaa reputation rather the child, they will tell you they do not do fundraisers instead require your child to pay a dollar on friday to wear jeans then send your child home with fundraising books at least twice a year and bake sells almost everyday along with snowcones and pizzas sales. Mind you still no playground not even balls or anything to play with. I can say Mr.Worley goes above and beyond to make children excited about school, but its such a shame he has to come out of his own pocket to do so. With all the funding this school is receiving, all I can say is the director should take a closer look at what she is doing because many of us parents have noticed what Niaa really is about behind all the word manipulation. Just as the other parent stated we were notified the night before school started that our children would be moved to a shopping strip. No school is perfect but come on! Could we not even get a week notice.

Posted September 19, 2014
Thankful for a elementary school that cares about students. It is a growing school that is still developing and adding programs. It has low ratio per class, caring administrators, and great communication with parents.

Newman International Academy Of Ar 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Very disappointed and disgusted with Newman's leadership and their decision to house elementary students in an uncompleted shopping complex for 2014-2015 school year. I will be very surprised if TEA approved the shopping complex location. There was no prior communication from the school informing parents that students will have to cross major highways to attend classes in a shopping complex. No safety precausions whatsoever, and lack of communication, they left several parents hanging..... with no time to make better choice for their children. As Newman continues to increase the number of students from an average of 15 to 25 per class with no building of its own, it is apparent that the future of the students are not their priorities. High student ratio and higher funding is their top priorities. Pay close attention to their Star text scores in the last two years with no improvements. As a parent, I am very concern about the future of students at Newman International Academy of Alington.

Newman International Academy Of Ar
2011 South Fielder Road, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Newman International Academy Of Ar is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newman International Academy Of Ar Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top