Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Newman International Academy Of Ar 1

Posted October 02, 2015
Rude teachers the principal is the worst person i have ever dealt with she thinks she is better than you and talks to you like your and idiot.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 08, 2015
They are stressed and confused. Seem to not understand what is going on with all the constant changes.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 08, 2015
They require obedience above all else. If a child is too caring they will be disciplined for it.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 08, 2015
My child would come home and discuss activities at the school, I would ask her teacher about them and she would say none of it was true. I went to the school itself and found that the teacher lied and my daughter was sure enough telling me the truth. That is not very good modeling.

Posted September 01, 2015
My children have been at NIAA for 3 school years. By the time my oldest began 5th grade at NIAA she was on her 4th school in 5 years. We tried Catholic School, a different Charter School and Public School. At the other schools she was left in tears struggling with her classwork and I had to take her to Sylvan for help. At NIAA she has blossomed. She has received straight A's for 2 years now and not only been a part of the GT program but winning awards. Both of my kids passed STAAR Exam with above proficiency! This school's location may not be ideal to some, but the location is not the school. The teachers are the school. The teachers care and work hard and provide a fun nurturing environment that helps my children shine. We are incredibly happy here and plan to stay until graduation.

Newman International Academy Of Ar 4

Posted June 29, 2015
I've read through many of these comments, and the few that have left 1 or 2 stars clearly had a bad experience that rarely happens. As a former teacher at NIAA, I can say that it's not perfect - no school is. However, it is made up of faculty and staff that love their students. We pour out our time and energy into these kids on a daily basis. When we're not teaching, we're out trying to find, make, or buy resources to engage and excite the kids about learning. It's a charter school, so clearly we don't receive all the funding public schools get. This is where fundraisers - such as jean day - come in. We're currently meeting at Fielder Baptist and they have accommodated us as well as they can, adding new rooms where and when they can. The west campus in the shopping strip was a late addition. As soon as the church informed the admin, they informed parents. Those complaining about your child's grade decline should try asking your child why before bashing teachers. As students are promoted to the next grade, more expectations are added. Our goal is to prepare them for college and life, not to babysit them. We have come across more parents blaming the teacher for their child's poor homework or test grades when the child didn't even do their part. When did the student become free from responsibility? If you send your child to NIAA, expect there to be high standards. We're educating the next generation of leaders, not burger-flippers.

Posted April 30, 2015
As a grandparent evaluating charter schools, I have to say that Newman Academy is everything a parent or grandparent could ask for in a school dedicated to academic excellence. Their performance on testing and in student satisfaction is second to none. They mean what they say about challenging students to be their best, and the students respond in kind. It's an amazing, excellent academy!

Newman International Academy Of Ar 4

Posted January 01, 2015
Newman is such a blessing for our family. My kids are learning and thriving and so much happier this year in their new environment. It's not perfect of course but it's been wonderful for us so far!

Posted November 20, 2014
This is my kids first year at Newman Academy and they are loving it, they feel challenged and included by the many activities they are constantly doing with their classes. My son (5th grader) was so impressed and excited about their egg drop project that he can't wait to get started on his science fair project. The staff has gone more than once out of their way to make them feel unique and that is something that I'm very thankful for.

Posted November 19, 2014
Newman Academy is a charter school with the benefits of a private school. from the Administration to the janitors there is a level of excellence around every corner. So many activities for the children to participate in and willing staff and teachers to help parents be a strong part of the school. They just had an event for Veterans day with the Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and over 1200 in attendance. I was in tears as the children sang pledge there alligiance to our great country through song and speeches. The heart of Newman is to make a difference in the future generations, through top notch teachers, curriculum, after school activities, and community participation. Legacy's are being formed here and we are so glad to be involved.

2011 South Fielder Road, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Newman International Academy Of Ar is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newman International Academy Of Ar Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top