Posted June 29, 2015
I've read through many of these comments, and the few that have left 1 or 2 stars clearly had a bad experience that rarely happens. As a former teacher at NIAA, I can say that it's not perfect - no school is. However, it is made up of faculty and staff that love their students. We pour out our time and energy into these kids on a daily basis. When we're not teaching, we're out trying to find, make, or buy resources to engage and excite the kids about learning. It's a charter school, so clearly we don't receive all the funding public schools get. This is where fundraisers - such as jean day - come in. We're currently meeting at Fielder Baptist and they have accommodated us as well as they can, adding new rooms where and when they can. The west campus in the shopping strip was a late addition. As soon as the church informed the admin, they informed parents. Those complaining about your child's grade decline should try asking your child why before bashing teachers. As students are promoted to the next grade, more expectations are added. Our goal is to prepare them for college and life, not to babysit them. We have come across more parents blaming the teacher for their child's poor homework or test grades when the child didn't even do their part. When did the student become free from responsibility? If you send your child to NIAA, expect there to be high standards. We're educating the next generation of leaders, not burger-flippers.

Posted April 30, 2015
As a grandparent evaluating charter schools, I have to say that Newman Academy is everything a parent or grandparent could ask for in a school dedicated to academic excellence. Their performance on testing and in student satisfaction is second to none. They mean what they say about challenging students to be their best, and the students respond in kind. It's an amazing, excellent academy!

Posted January 01, 2015
Newman is such a blessing for our family. My kids are learning and thriving and so much happier this year in their new environment. It's not perfect of course but it's been wonderful for us so far!

Posted November 20, 2014
This is my kids first year at Newman Academy and they are loving it, they feel challenged and included by the many activities they are constantly doing with their classes. My son (5th grader) was so impressed and excited about their egg drop project that he can't wait to get started on his science fair project. The staff has gone more than once out of their way to make them feel unique and that is something that I'm very thankful for.

Posted November 19, 2014
Newman Academy is a charter school with the benefits of a private school. from the Administration to the janitors there is a level of excellence around every corner. So many activities for the children to participate in and willing staff and teachers to help parents be a strong part of the school. They just had an event for Veterans day with the Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and over 1200 in attendance. I was in tears as the children sang pledge there alligiance to our great country through song and speeches. The heart of Newman is to make a difference in the future generations, through top notch teachers, curriculum, after school activities, and community participation. Legacy's are being formed here and we are so glad to be involved.

Posted November 14, 2014
Our daughter has attended Newman for almost 2 years and she is soaring. The school provides a very nurturing environment and has an expectation that everyone will be treated with kindness, love and respect. Our daughter's academic skills have improved by leaps and bounds due to the positive environment of the campus. She is soaring at Newman and has regained her confidence and her happy disposition. She looks forward to going to school every day. The teachers, staff and administration truly care about the students. Newman has been an answered prayer for our family. We feel blessed. If you want a school where you can leave your child every day knowing they will be taught and cared for as if they were their own children, Newman is the answer.

Posted November 14, 2014
Our daughter has been attending NIAA for two years and it has been a gift from God. She has thrived and is truly cared for at Newman and even though Academic excellence is important at Newman; it appears that building well rounded students is their higher calling.

Posted November 13, 2014
My daughters attend NIAA and what a wonderful environment for my children! So positive and uplifting! The focus on developing character and challenging the students academically has offered my children academic success! At NIAA everything is done with the children in mind! The teachers are warm, friendly and kind! They take their time to teach the students to ensure they understand the information. Zero tolerance for bullying, the students are treated with love and respect! I am not a person trust anyone with the care of my children I'm not easily impressed. When a teacher can tell you exactly who your child is this early, they are paying attention! Ms. E helps my daughter through any struggles the day may bring in a positive manner to make good choices to stand for what they believe in and to be the best she can be. Mrs. Windham teaches my youngest daughter who struggles with focusing, but not here!!! Honor roll baby! This reinforces the values that we teach at home and that is priceless! My daughters are excelling in every way! They come home excited about the things they have learned each day, and can't wait to go to school!

Posted October 26, 2014
This is our third year at Newman and although they do not have all the bells and whistles that public schools have, they are a great choice for us. My child has a learning disability and have had nothing but support from teachers and administrators. Any time there is a question or problem I have been able to go straight to the teacher and work out a solution that works for everyone. Lunches aren't that great, but you can always bring one as we do. Fundraising is not high pressure and while there are lots of bake sales after winter break they are to help offset class trips. No school is perfect, kids make bad choices and there has never been a time I have not felt my children were not safe while on campus. The key is to be involved, know your teachers, admins and support staff and other parents. I would not send my child anywhere else!

Newman International Academy Of Ar 3

Posted October 18, 2014
My children have attended this school for 2 1/2 years. This year has been the most confusing. I stuck it out and gave them time to get it together. I have contacted the school for a year in finding out differents ways to help my daughter whom seems to have a learning disability but was told that I have to wait until she is in 2nd grade to get help for him. I have other children that attend and make all A's. If your child struggles and needs 504 plans or has an underlying learning disability please keep them in public schools. They don't care about those students. It's too much paperwork. My children hate the TV dinner like lunches. I haven't left is because I can drop all my children off at one location or so I thought. It takes almost 40 minutes to drop and pick up my children because I have to get in 3 different lines due their grades. My 5th grader I have to actually go off campus to a shopping center to get him. I wish for parents with multiple children that they will make it easier. This will be there last year. Not to mention the school shooting threats that are being made by the bigger kids. Last year a pistol like Bebe gun was found on campus.

Newman International Academy Of Ar
2011 South Fielder Road, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Newman International Academy Of Ar is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newman International Academy Of Ar Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top