R F Patterson Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 446 students

Our school is known for its warm and friendly environment.

Posted September 30, 2013

As a parent, I think this school is great! The teachers and staff are so warm and inviting. It's always nice to walk in and hear them call each child by name, with a smile and "good morning". I really feel this staff is here for the advancement of my children rather than just a paycheck. I really can't say enough great things about this school!

Posted September 28, 2013

Volunteering at this school is difficult, I tried to volunteer but I can't because I have out of state drivers license and the front desk told me they can not do the investigation or I can not volunteer because I do not have a Texas drivers license. Even if you have a military I.D.. How come their investigation is limited to Texas drivers license holder ONLY?

Posted September 26, 2013

Patterson is one of two K-4 elementary schools in the Kennedale district. We have been there a year and are pleased with the support and personal attention given to each child. Our daughter enjoys school and is currently in the 1st Grade. They have an active PTA and have some ingenious positive reinforcement tools. One of those is the P.R.I.D.E. points system - this has our daughter jumping off her bus excited that she earned more points. In fact, with those points, she saved up enough to get to go read to a kindergarten classroom (and this from a girl who initially didn't want to admit that she could read). Another classroom-specific prize we have enjoyed learning about is the common color-coded red-yellow-green, but with an added "sparkle" level that they all want. So, when the kids stay on green or better all week, they get a special classroom privilege (like taking shoes off in the classroom or bringing a stuffed friend to class on Friday). All-in-all, the school is top notch in my book. The kids learn, they're not forgotten or left wanting more attention, and it feels like a little community where parents are included often.

Posted November 1, 2010

I am so impressed with the faculty and staff at this school. They work so hard to help students be successful and require only their best efforts. The students are happy and enjoy the fun activities at night.

Posted September 2, 2010

Leadership lacks motivation, ways of relating to the students, adaptability and positive reinforcement, it takes these as well as knowledge and skills to create strengths that lead to outstanding performance. Test scores are just a small part to having a successful school. Homework as well as parent involvement have carried many of these children as well as the school to success.

Posted July 15, 2010

RF Patterson Elementary is the best place on Earth to work and be involved in the community. I love coming to work every day and challenging my students to learn. The administration is extremely supportive and interactive with our faculty. RFP is highly encouraging and learner centered. Students are a number one priority and are consistently inspired to become the best they can achieve. Thanks to all the admin., parents, students and co workers that make this the place to be!

Posted June 7, 2010

I have two kids at this school. One is going to be in 4th next year. I have never been told anything about a dress code for volunteers. Classroom visits are not discouraged by all of the teachers. I recently spent the whole day with my daughter. We love this school. We really love the dual language program that has begun here. Keep up the great work

Posted June 4, 2010

This is my child's first year at R.F. Patterson, starting in Kindergarten and participating in the Dual Language program. My child's teacher is so wonderful and I truly believe she provided my child with a solid learning foundation for first grade and beyond. Our child's teacher always encouraged parent participation in the classroom or through the school s organized activities such as literacy night and math / science night. I also had positive interaction with the principal, other kindergarten teachers, and parents that volunteered to make the school great.

Posted June 4, 2010

The campus's official rule limits parent's classroom visits to only 20 minutes at preapproved times. Apparently they don't enforce their own rule about this or the volunteer's dress code.

Posted May 26, 2010

Sincere thanks to RFP and KISD- especially T & J's "special people" and teachers. My Associate Principal sister (from another district) sat in on our recent ARD and was very impressed (AGAIN!) with the care & attention my super special guys are getting. They continue to amaze us all with their progress! I too am looking forward to seeing the EXEMPLARY banner!

Posted May 25, 2010

TAKs scores are in. We don't have the official rating just yet, but we are so looking forward to putting up that 'Exemplary" Banner. What a great place to work.

Posted April 27, 2010

We are looking forward to seeing that 'Exemplary' banner on the front of the school. Good luck on the TAKS y'all! We are proud of you.

Posted April 19, 2010

RF Patterson at this time only gets 3 stars from me. We started with the school 4 yrs ago. In this past year the front staff (mainly the receptionist & nurse) are rude, short & act like they could care less to be there. I love my childrens teachers & the principal seems to be nice, but the staff in the front office needs work. on another note, i am at ends with the school on some issues my youngest child has. they don't seem to really want to help me, or they pacify me is how it feels. i want them to work with me, not against me and not pretend they are working with me. my childs health depends on their cooperation & the cooperation from the other parents of the class.....and that's where we have the biggest issue. they aren't requiring it from the other parents.

Posted March 14, 2010

This has been the best year for my child at R.F. Patterson. His teacher has worked miracles with him. He looks forward to going to school every day and we know that the teachers at Patterson care about him as a child. The new principle has brought such joy to the campus. She has a wonderful influence on my son and the teachers there. We will miss Patterson next year when we move on to fifth grade.

Posted March 13, 2010

I'm a parent of a child in Ms. Wright's classroom. I have found my child's education to be superior to that of my friend's children who are the same age and also in the KISD. Besides the outstanding teaching staff, it is refreshing to see such passionate administrators. Ms. Sublette and her AP are a breathe of fresh air to a previously stuffy and military like school. Ms. Sublette is always welcoming to parents. She is genuine and shows a sincere interest in the needs and concerns of parents. On a seperate note, I do wish administration would do something about the negative and derogatory staff member who are resisitint to change. There are still several teachers at the school who do not pull small groups and are not meeting the new requirements for RTI. Luckily, my child is in a great instructional setting.

Posted March 12, 2010

RF Patterson Elementary is the best place on Earth to work! I love coming to school each day to see what opportunities arise to inspire my students to learn and become the best they can be. The teachers are supported by our principal and administration. We have an environment that encourages exemplary!

Posted March 11, 2010

This school has a wonderful kindergarten program. My daughters teacher is Mrs. Scott. She is amazing! She has brought my daughter so far personaly, educational and she is just an all around good person. The other teachers are all nice too. When you drop your kids off in tjhe morning, the curb side teachers do everything but give you a cup of coffee. It's just wonderful. If I had to have one negative comment, it wold be the principle. She is never around. I have seen her maybe 3 times this year. She seems fake, like the smile is pasted on her face. She hasn't done anything to me or my child, she is just cold. But I still love this school!

Posted August 1, 2009

Love this school!!! Great leaders and quality teachers make this the perfect place to send my children.

Posted April 25, 2009

This school has come a long way since last year. The new principal brings happiness and excitement along with many new opportunities. There are so many things that the parents and children can get involved in...Battle of the Books, newsletter, a garden club, etc. The PTA this year has been outstanding and worked very hard to get that way. This is only the beginning of many great years to come.

Posted January 26, 2009

This school is a joke as well as the PTA. I am in the processes of moving my children to a private school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

81 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

82 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

98 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

96 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

99 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students94%

Not special education94%
Proficient in English91%
Not migrant92%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students88%

Not migrant75%
Not Gifted70%
Bilingual60%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 17%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Gifted specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Nurse(s)
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Specific learning disabilities
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Special olympics

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • CAROLINE BLACKSTONE
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (817) 483-3638

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
  • College prep
  • Independent Study
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Project-based
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Acceleration
  • Counseling
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Mentoring
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • Daycare buses
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Access to sports fields

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor