Bad
Good

As a parent, I think this school is great! The teachers and staff are so warm and inviting. It's always nice to walk in and hear them call each child by name, with a smile and "good morning". I really feel this staff is here for the advancement of my children rather than just a paycheck. I really can't say enough great things about this school!

Volunteering at this school is difficult, I tried to volunteer but I can't because I have out of state drivers license and the front desk told me they can not do the investigation or I can not volunteer because I do not have a Texas drivers license. Even if you have a military I.D.. How come their investigation is limited to Texas drivers license holder ONLY?

Patterson is one of two K-4 elementary schools in the Kennedale district. We have been there a year and are pleased with the support and personal attention given to each child. Our daughter enjoys school and is currently in the 1st Grade. They have an active PTA and have some ingenious positive reinforcement tools. One of those is the P.R.I.D.E. points system - this has our daughter jumping off her bus excited that she earned more points. In fact, with those points, she saved up enough to get to go read to a kindergarten classroom (and this from a girl who initially didn't want to admit that she could read). Another classroom-specific prize we have enjoyed learning about is the common color-coded red-yellow-green, but with an added "sparkle" level that they all want. So, when the kids stay on green or better all week, they get a special classroom privilege (like taking shoes off in the classroom or bringing a stuffed friend to class on Friday). All-in-all, the school is top notch in my book. The kids learn, they're not forgotten or left wanting more attention, and it feels like a little community where parents are included often.

I am so impressed with the faculty and staff at this school. They work so hard to help students be successful and require only their best efforts. The students are happy and enjoy the fun activities at night.

Leadership lacks motivation, ways of relating to the students, adaptability and positive reinforcement, it takes these as well as knowledge and skills to create strengths that lead to outstanding performance. Test scores are just a small part to having a successful school. Homework as well as parent involvement have carried many of these children as well as the school to success.

RF Patterson Elementary is the best place on Earth to work and be involved in the community. I love coming to work every day and challenging my students to learn. The administration is extremely supportive and interactive with our faculty. RFP is highly encouraging and learner centered. Students are a number one priority and are consistently inspired to become the best they can achieve. Thanks to all the admin., parents, students and co workers that make this the place to be!

I have two kids at this school. One is going to be in 4th next year. I have never been told anything about a dress code for volunteers. Classroom visits are not discouraged by all of the teachers. I recently spent the whole day with my daughter. We love this school. We really love the dual language program that has begun here. Keep up the great work

This is my child's first year at R.F. Patterson, starting in Kindergarten and participating in the Dual Language program. My child's teacher is so wonderful and I truly believe she provided my child with a solid learning foundation for first grade and beyond. Our child's teacher always encouraged parent participation in the classroom or through the school s organized activities such as literacy night and math / science night. I also had positive interaction with the principal, other kindergarten teachers, and parents that volunteered to make the school great.

The campus's official rule limits parent's classroom visits to only 20 minutes at preapproved times. Apparently they don't enforce their own rule about this or the volunteer's dress code.

Sincere thanks to RFP and KISD- especially T & J's "special people" and teachers. My Associate Principal sister (from another district) sat in on our recent ARD and was very impressed (AGAIN!) with the care & attention my super special guys are getting. They continue to amaze us all with their progress! I too am looking forward to seeing the EXEMPLARY banner!

Last modified R F Patterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.