Arlington, TX
Students enrolled: 2,863

Posted February 06, 2014
I graduated from Arlington High School in 2013 and am very pleased with the school. I was involved in newspaper, yearbook, photojournalism, golf, cheerleading, National Honor Society, and Key Club. I would not trade the experience I had at AHS for anything the world. There is a sense of community within the school and the students in clubs and teams almost feel like a family. Many of the teachers are amazing and inspiring, a lot of them are AHS graduates as well. I would recommend Arlington to any parent looking for the right school for their child. The faculty can sometimes be lenient, but can also be very strict when the situation is serious. Mrs. Young is a wonderful principal and has done great things at Arlington High School.

Posted September 30, 2013
We have been very pleased with Arlington High School. The academics are so much more challenging than the private school we came from. The teachers have been great. There are so many more activities, clubs, and organizations to get involved with than the small private schools. The private school teachers were constantly saying so many bad things about public schools that we have found to be so untrue. I encourage anyone in a private school setting to check out Arlington High School.

Arlington High School 3

Posted August 24, 2012
As a former student of Arlington High, I have seen both ups and downs in my time there. As far as teachers go you have some amazing teachers who work above and beyond and don't get properly appreciated. But on the other hand you have teachers who are only there purely on tenure and tenure alone. The main issue with this school is the administration and the lack of desire some of them have for working in a public school and with teenage students. Arlington High has tons of school spirit and tradition that they are very proud of. But unfortunately, a majority of the time that is held at more importance than education itself.

Arlington High School 4

Posted July 05, 2011
It is a great and fun school! I like its locatin and its convenient access to lots of amenities. Later on, I went to UT Arilington which is 2 blocks down the road.

Arlington High School 2

Posted January 07, 2011
I was at one point a substitute teacher and in doing so have had the opportunity to view all the high schools in Arlington. In my opinion AHS would rank 3rd or 4th in the district. The worst argument against this school is the administration, having met some of them and seeing their interactions with students some of them have no business being in our public education system and should seek employment in other arenas. The feeling that I got from a lot of the teachers was that they were there to collect a paycheck and not interested in fostering the learning experience. Arlington HS bright spot is that it once was a great and proud institution, however, it has slipped into mediocrity and because of the pride of the employees and alumni, have failed to realize what they have become.

Posted April 21, 2010
My daughter came here last year and did not know a soul. It was tough at first because it's a big school. Some teachers/coaches are duds. But, some things are wonderful. She's getting a great experience and has wonderful teachers in IB & theater . I am astounded at the education she is receiving in the IB program. Yesterday, they did a video conference call with IB students in England and India, discussing and important global issue with an expert and talking about some of the assignments they all do- all IB students around the world. I think she's getting a better education than at an expensive ivy league prep. The diversity in this school is handled professionally by the adults, which trickles down to the students. It's not a pretty building and the sports are hit and miss, but the academic education is excellent.

Posted April 03, 2010
i go to this school and it is a grat school. there are so many colleges that want me now and it is because of the dedicated faculty there. im at the of my class and lovin every bit of it. i came from this school as a freshman and new to texas and they were so welcoming and the kids are very friendly.im graduating next yr. this school rocks!

Arlington High School 2

Posted March 24, 2010
This school will make you feel like a small fish in a big pond, its scary, and is definatly not welcoming

Arlington High School 1

Posted September 17, 2009
This school is not welcoming... The students and teachers make you feel unwanted.

Posted January 15, 2009
AHS is the best choice for a multitude of reasons. Although, AHS is the oldest high school in Arlington, it is the best to prepare our kids for the real world that faces them. The diversity is something to be proud of, all socio-economic groups, ethninticities, and cultures can be found along with tremendous educational opportunities. All 4 of my children have or still attend, and our experience with each has been good. The staff is dedicated and truly concerned about their students. Regardless of their drastically different interests and aptitudes there was more than enough options for each of them. I would highly recommend AHS to all parents regardless of your district. My kids are transfered to AHS, it doesn't matter what part of Arlington you live in, AHS is the best choice.

Arlington High School
818 West Park Row Drive, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Arlington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top