Arlington, TX

Posted November 22, 2013
RUN and keep Running. My child spent the worst 21/2 weeks of his 3rd grade there , it was awful from day one the teachers are rude and treat the children as though they are orphaned with no family their whole attitude is Don't Let your Parents fight your battles. In other words they do not want the children to report any thing that goes on there ,it borders abusing the rights of the child ,my child had recess twice and the whole class had to write lines for some other persons infractions or whenever the teacher felt like it ,my child is right handed and was made to use their left hand to write lines (who does this ?) their whole attitude is uncaring my child was becoming nervous everyday just going to school his attitude was changing to uncaring about school (this being a straight A student) I feel many Teachers should not be teaching now as they often tell the kids they have woken on the wrong side of bed again who says that to kids ?(parents might not teachers) our experience was an eye opener to what a bad school is and a good school suffice it to say my child was withdrawn and returned to the previous school where he is sleeping again and still a straight A student.

Posted June 17, 2013
To apple pie in Texas....I'm currently applying to teach at this school and could use some productive insight.....what is this graphic content you speak of? I'll e-mail my address if you can share some info with me....

Posted August 15, 2012
I had a child in the school for many years. I often return with a parent and see that school conditions have descended further into practical ruin and shambles. I am currently writing an expose' on the school that will shock and amaze people in its graphic content. We believe that the gravity of the situation is brought on by ineffective management by administration. The principal Ms. Hawthorne is the main figure in the school. With disrespect and common courtesy thrown out to the garbage she breeds hostility and malice. The teachers and staff respond and then the attitudes trickle down to the children. The state will have to step in at some point. That means everyone involved with the school and local and federal government. We should all be in the front line for this. Please lets protect the children. apple pie in texas

Posted September 15, 2011
My daughter left her school from the prior year on the A & B honor roll. Her teacher here could care less about helping her. I actually have to pay for a tutor to get the assistance she is not getting here. This school is garbage and im currently searching other alternatives.

Posted March 04, 2010
My children attended this school two years in a row and it is by far the worst elementary school in the Arlington School District. The entire administrative staff needs to be replaced with the exception of Ms. Turnipseed. The lack of interest at this school is stifling. The principal was consistently late to school functions and always had an excuse for her unacceptable tardiness. I wonder if the students or staff at her school are granted this same liberty. An organization is only as strong as its leadership. I did not give this school a rating since a scale for negative numbers does not exist.

Atherton Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted February 13, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
I have three children and one started in pre-k the other in kinder and my oldest in 5th. I cannot complain. I believe it is a good school and they caught my sons speech problem in time. As far as the traffic tell me which school doesn't have traffic jams.

Posted October 24, 2008
to many student in this school,have hard time to drop, and pick up ...school use spanish more than english, is it a bi-language school?

Posted October 12, 2008
I don't recommend this school to anyone. My son which is ADHD went to this school two years ago, the principal and counselor didn't trying to work with him. Mainly, the principal should NOT be a principal...

Atherton Elementary School
2101 Overbrook Drive, Arlington, TX  76014
Last modified Atherton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atherton Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top