Arlington, TX

Butler Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
Butler is a school that is best described as underachieving. My daughter has attended Butler for 5 years and is rarely challenged. The work provided to her is either worksheet or pulled from a workbook. I've met with teachers and they always point to their exemplary status. They haven't received this rating in several years. This school is about the adults rather than kids. Do a lot of research before enrolling here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 23, 2014
Great school and hard working teachers! Second daughter is starting there now, as my first is going to 7th grade.

Butler Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Great School! A long tradition of parent involvement. Many long term teachers and an excellent school councilor in Ms. Davis. It was well worth the time to stand in line at 5am at the district offices to able to transfer to this school. Very stable neighborhood surrounds the school. It is worth it to pay a little extra for a house in this area.

Butler Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2014
Butler is a school of very good teachers and wonderful parents who are engaged with their children. As one of the reviewers stated some of the teachers have been there a very long time but this is one of the things we love about the school. We like seasoned teachers who know what works with the children and not the latest fad from the district or the state. Sure the teachers teach to a test and to a point they have to. This is what they are measured on. It is no different than your boss giving you a standard or quota you have to meet. That is what you focus on. If you do not like this, take it up with the state, don't blame the teachers. The state is who requires these tests and every state school teaches to these tests to a certain degree. We think the principal, Stacie Humbles, is great. She is always up at the school and is very engaged and always available.

Posted September 26, 2013
Butler it's a great school., The most important thing it's that our kids enjoy it and learn a lot there. I saw a home work of my kid, where they ask What's the best thing that you like from Buttler? My little its a second grader and he answer , The Teachers . That make me feel happy ,the Teachers are as a second moms to our kids and we are so blessed to have them and be part of the school.

Posted September 08, 2013
Butler Elementary was a wonderful school for my son, and in two years will be a great school for my granddaughter. A little boy across the street went to Butler last year for Kindergarten and is now in the 1st grade. Last year and this year, he had wonderful teachers. I'm looking forward to becoming a Bronco again in two years.

Butler Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2013
Like so many public schools, this school is focused on teaching students how to successfully take a test! The teachers are stressed out and therefore say inappropriate things to students (yelling, screaming and using bad language, and that is only at the 2nd grade level!). Sure everyone loses his/her cool, but own up to it, and don't let your principal find out about if from the parents. Some (not all) of the teachers are completely unprofessional. I could not wait for the current school year to end - what parent says something like that? This parent whose child attended Butler Elementary last year. I admit that K and 1st grade were wonderful experiences but not 2nd grade. Like I told new colleagues moving to the area: "If I had to do it all over again and know what I know now, I would had moved to the HEB school district." They subsequently purchased a home in Bedford.

Posted June 02, 2012
This is far and away the best elementary school I've ever seen. The parental involvement, wonderful administration and truly caring teachers make this a top-notch environment. With a wide variety of activities, the school offers my children a loving, well-rounded education.

Posted March 11, 2012
Butler has great teachers and involved parents. When I got the call that Butler accepted my son's transfer from another elementary, I felt lucky and fortunate. This school is a shining example of what an elementary school should be.

Butler Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2011
My son is on the way to the fifth grade and, even now, I am considering paying for him to transfer to another school. The teachers only teach to pass the TAKS test so their scores remain high. They do not care personally for the students and it's extremely hard to schedule a conference. My son has been a straight A student since kindergarten but that's because I teach at home as well. The teacher informed me that in the upper-level classes, the work is given and the children at that level are expected to work it out. My son's friends are there and I'd to have to change schools but I think it's best. Additionally, parents (thus some students) are quite cliquish. So glad the principal is leaving!

Butler Elementary School
2121 Margaret Drive, Arlington, TX  76012
Last modified Butler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top