Arlington, TX

Posted June 22, 2014
Dunn has an amazing administration with a constant presence on the campus. Teachers are very experienced and interested in the students' education. As far as a few issues we've had over the years, the principal has been quick to respond. My kids have placed well in state competitions and had a great experience at Dunn.

Posted August 12, 2013
My grandsons have both gone to Dunn since they started school. I have nothing but high praise for the teachers and staff of Dunn . They make learning fun and exciting, and the boys both love to go to school. I give Dunn top marks in my book.

Posted January 31, 2012
Dunn is a really good school with a great faculty and great parent involvement. I have one child who has been at Dunn for a few years now and another one will also go to Dunn a few years down the road, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The Principal is very involved and quite responsive to parent inquiries and the Assistant Principal is just the same. We have had great experiences with the teachers and YES, my son learns A LOT. He has really excelled academically due to the quality of teachers and programs. I do not consider the fact that a large percentage of the students come from financially challenged homes. It's a great group of kids.

Posted April 23, 2010
Is this school perfect? No. Does this school have challenges? Yes. Any school with 46% of the children classified as economically disadvantaged is going to have challenges. Are you searching for a utopia when it comes to your child s education? Then I encourage you to keep looking. Oakridge and Pantego are close and there is one heck of a charter school just 1.5 miles away on Arkansas Lane. If however, you are like me and see the good in this school, then I encourage you to send your child to Dunn. You will find an energetic and high energy Principal, Mary Helen Burnett, who appreciates Dunn s diversity. She s no stranger to schools with challenges having served 90% of her career in Title 1 schools. She is supported by an excellent Vice Principal, Natalie Dailey, who sends her kids to Arlington schools and is personally vested in AISD s success. How about the teachers? The ones that I have personally met over the years and worked with in PTA and other various school sponsored events seem just as committed to making Dunn a great place as I do. I can name more than 1 teacher in each grade who has made a significant impact in my child s life and has gone above and beyond to create an excellent learning experience for their students. What s the key to making sure your child gets the best out of their educational experience at Dunn, and anywhere for that matter? Get involved. Don t stand on the sidelines. Fill out that volunteer application. Join PTA. I work full time and so does my spouse and we still find time to volunteer, help with fundraisers, support the teachers and administration and help with classroom events because it is important to us. In conclusion, is Dunn the perfect place to send your precious ones? If you plan on dropping them off at the front door every morning at 8:20 and picking them up at 3:20 while using your child s folder as your preferred method for communicating with their teachers, then probably not. If however, you are excited about joining your child on a journey in a school that is diverse, vibrant, fun and surrounded with staff and administration committed to making Dunn the best place it can be, then you have found the right place!

Posted September 16, 2009

Dunn Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2009
My experience with Dunn 2008-2009 was great. I had some minor issues but the interim staff made sure to help and keep me informed. I have two children at Dunn. This year we have new staff. There are some policies that are in place that treat the children horrible. I am a very involved parent therefore I stay on top of my children and staff. It saddens me about the new staff and I am now looking into moving my children to private school. I would advise others do the same if they can afford it or atleast talk to your children to discover more about what is going on with the new administration. I also advising visiting the AISD site and read Campus Impovement Plan for Dunn, you would gain more insight about the school and it's concerns.

Posted August 29, 2008
I live close to Miller, but I drive my 4th grade daughter to Dunn every morning! I chose to send my daughter to Dunn because of the teaching faculty and caring staff. Dunn is a great school!

Dunn Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2008
I don't really agree with some of the reviews here stating that if you have a lower income, they don't want anything to do with you. I definitely have a lower income than most parents there and I was treated fine by most. It really all depends on the individual you are dealing with. This is a great school, I have an autistic son and I have recieved incredible support and so has my son! He is reading full books all because of the great teaching and the huge group of teachers and administrators that are behind him! I love love love our ARD meetings, they are all so supportive and encouraging! I have had some bad experiences here but overall they have been really really good!

Posted September 27, 2007
Excellent school for our 5th grader. He is very excited about his strings classes , and really likes all his teachers, especially his math teacher that makes class go easy and fun. Way to go on safety!!! Parent involvement is awesome!!! Our new asst. principal is doing great, and teacher quality is fantastic!!!

Posted September 26, 2007
I have 2 children who have attended Dunn during the past 10 years. They have both had an excellent experience overall. The older child always excelled and we were very pleased the way her teachers challenged her. My younger child has struggled with learning from the beginning. We have found the teachers and administration to be very supportive in meeting his needs. His teachers have always been willing to talk with us about our concerns and make adjustments in his accommodations as needed. Parents are kept informed by the weekly PTA newsletter and the schools website calendar. It is easy to become involved if you make an effort to respond to the requests for volunteers seen in that newsletter. PTA plans several events throughout the school year for families to come and enjoy time together. Most of these events are free and provide a great opportunity for parents to meet other parents. The administration has also planned opportunities for parent education at least once a year for the last several years. My only complaint is parents that do not follow the traffic safety plan for picking up and dropping off their children.

Dunn Elementary School
2201 Woodside Drive, Arlington, TX  76013
Last modified Dunn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top