Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Receptionist is rude and acts like she doesnt have time for anyone. Lunch time is terrible my daughter doesnt get recess if theyre not quiet at lunch ! Yes, they have to be quiet at lunch this is not free time and they also have assigned seats. Teachers dont care, my child NEVER has homework. I am unable to walk her to her class so Ive seen her teacher twice this year first day of school and PT conference. Sorry to say also these kids are so unruly the teachers cant get past behavior issues to teach. This is by far the worse school my 4th grader has ever attended. She cries every morning, needless to say she will not be back next year.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My child does not have homework, reading log never gets checked.

I don't like the way the lunch monitors treat the children. As if the students were in milatary school,and worse. Your school needs changes in the lunch monitors. They don't have any patience. They yell at the children and have pulled my child Various times violently. This job is for people who have patients and treat children good and,have a specialty with children. The principal makes no changes and seems not to care about the serious situation.

I totally disagree about the way the teachers care for the student's! In the past week I've been at the school three times for my childs lunch and the lunch monitor's speak to the student's in a manor that was unreal to me. After I became aware of this, my son told me his teacher grabbed his arm and yanked him. I've contacted the school several times and have yet to speak to anyone. Convienetly they are on the phone EVERY time I call....my next step is calling the superintendent!

the teachers are all heart. they really care for each and every student. my kids loved their teachers and are meeting aisd standards.

The secretary in the front office (Mrs. Husband) was very rude. I was enrolling my kid in school there and she acted as if she was too important to be bothered with questions from parents. I saw her have an attitude with several parents on registration day who were enrolling their kids at the school for the fist time. She was very snappy and unfriendly. She needs to realize that she is often the first person people meet when they come to the school for the first time and she sets the tone as far as first impressions of the school go. Needless to say, I transferred my child out of that school immediately.

Overall I had a very good experince and my child learned a lot. My child attended Kindergarten. Mrs. Gordon is a phenominal teacher. The preschool and kindergarten classes are ran well and the teachers are great. I can't speak on the other grade levels. It seems like a good school for K through 1st grade. Some of the other teachers a rude and the secretary in the office is rude and hardly ever smiles. The school has a new principal, this was her first year. She is nice and a good listener. Needs more parent involvement. And I wish the teachers would stop yelling at the kids and rushing them through breakfast. They run meal time like a boot camp. I understand there is a schedule to keep but how would they like it if there boss were yelling at them when they are trying to eat. Good grief.

This is a great school with great teachers. My children went to this school and now I have grandchildren going here. The teachers do not give up on our children and they stay at Foster because they care.

Mr. Garcia did a great job of turning the school around and helping us reach Recognized for the first time. The teachers where nice and the my kids had great scores on the Taks test.

I love this school! My boys have attended another AISD elementary school and Foster is a more friendly, open environment. My children have not only thrived at this school, they have achieved and excelled. I love Foster!

Last modified Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.