Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

excellent school my kid is at sam and she is always happy good teachers and good students makes sam better.

I am a student at this school and honestly some of the teachers here can't teach. My first year of Geometry was bad she did not ask if everyone was on the same page or explain the homework and I had to take tutoring some days. I never went to tutoring till then. Second the school is awfully crowded I do not feel comfortable in this school. The lunch is crowded if you came late your friends better have save you a seat or you eat somewhere by yourself. The hallways are waaay too crowded it was so hard to get to class or keep a conversation going with your friends. Hopefully Sam makes some changes to their old school.

Best school in Texas, AISD, and best principal!! Love the school spirit and students. Its grown to be a better school year after year

I am an alumna of Sam that graduated just this summer. I was able to experience the difference that Sam had been undergoing and currently still is. I couldn't be more proud of my alma mater. I was in the orchestra, golf team, AVID program, National Honor Society, and also taking multiple Pre-AP and AP courses all 4 years at Sam. I am now at UTA and it has been a great experience and I believe it is because my teachers at Sam Houston prepared me well. College has been a breeze so far because a lot of the material that is being covered in class is material that my teachers taught me. I feel that any negative rumors that come outside of Sam Houston are people who have never walked the halls of the school. Any negative rumors that come from inside Sam are from the students that do not care for education and are unmotivated. Sam Houston has the best faculty and staff that prepare students for life beyond high school with so many opportunities available. Not only that, the teachers and counselors support the students and offer valuable life values. I love that Sam is changing and spirit is being reborn! Go Texans! GO BIG SAM!

Class of 2014, best high school in AISD. Our IB (International Baccalaureate) program, if which I was a part of, was unmatched. Best teachers in the business. I'm a current Mav and my experience at Sam has made the transition very easy, with all the diversity and involvement. If u ever pass by Sam remember "in the halls of Sam Houston there are no strangers" go Sam.

With such deep traditions, amazing teachers, as well as incredible students that continue to strive for excellence truly do make Sam the best High School in AISD, hands down.

Alum and former staff here - Excellent things are happening at Sam Houston High School! New leadership and a fresh school spirit and pride are sweeping through the halls and into the community. SHHS offers something for everyone. A cosmetology program, IB (International Baccalaureate) and AVID to mention a few. Caring teachers and staff who dig in and would rather be at Sam than anywhere else! Like any school that is allowed to grow so large, it comes with its own special challenges. Principal Benavides is an outstanding man and an amazing role model for the students.

Sam Houston H.S. is a really wonderful school with caring teachers. My child was in the band program all 4 years and loved her time at SHHS. I also enjoyed getting involved and attending events. Her high school experience was really wonderful and she is now off to college!

There is no other school like Big Sam, where teachers will go out of their way to help students succeed. Lately, you've been able to feel the pride and school spirit in these halls that for a while was weakened due to false rumors; but no matter what this school has pulled through and has shown its true potential with the help of a great principal, Mr. Benavides. People who don't go to this is school are quick to judge so don't let their opinion affect yours. SHHS Alumna 2014

Sam Houston High school is a great school with caring teachers, counselors, assistant principles, and a principle that has gone well beyond to make Sam Houston the best in the city.

Last modified Sam Houston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.