Posted November 21, 2014
Best school in Texas, AISD, and best principal!! Love the school spirit and students. Its grown to be a better school year after year

Posted November 10, 2014
I am an alumna of Sam that graduated just this summer. I was able to experience the difference that Sam had been undergoing and currently still is. I couldn't be more proud of my alma mater. I was in the orchestra, golf team, AVID program, National Honor Society, and also taking multiple Pre-AP and AP courses all 4 years at Sam. I am now at UTA and it has been a great experience and I believe it is because my teachers at Sam Houston prepared me well. College has been a breeze so far because a lot of the material that is being covered in class is material that my teachers taught me. I feel that any negative rumors that come outside of Sam Houston are people who have never walked the halls of the school. Any negative rumors that come from inside Sam are from the students that do not care for education and are unmotivated. Sam Houston has the best faculty and staff that prepare students for life beyond high school with so many opportunities available. Not only that, the teachers and counselors support the students and offer valuable life values. I love that Sam is changing and spirit is being reborn! Go Texans! GO BIG SAM!

Posted September 07, 2014
Class of 2014, best high school in AISD. Our IB (International Baccalaureate) program, if which I was a part of, was unmatched. Best teachers in the business. I'm a current Mav and my experience at Sam has made the transition very easy, with all the diversity and involvement. If u ever pass by Sam remember "in the halls of Sam Houston there are no strangers" go Sam.

Posted August 08, 2014
With such deep traditions, amazing teachers, as well as incredible students that continue to strive for excellence truly do make Sam the best High School in AISD, hands down.

Posted August 08, 2014
Alum and former staff here - Excellent things are happening at Sam Houston High School! New leadership and a fresh school spirit and pride are sweeping through the halls and into the community. SHHS offers something for everyone. A cosmetology program, IB (International Baccalaureate) and AVID to mention a few. Caring teachers and staff who dig in and would rather be at Sam than anywhere else! Like any school that is allowed to grow so large, it comes with its own special challenges. Principal Benavides is an outstanding man and an amazing role model for the students.

Posted August 07, 2014
Sam Houston H.S. is a really wonderful school with caring teachers. My child was in the band program all 4 years and loved her time at SHHS. I also enjoyed getting involved and attending events. Her high school experience was really wonderful and she is now off to college!

Posted August 07, 2014
There is no other school like Big Sam, where teachers will go out of their way to help students succeed. Lately, you've been able to feel the pride and school spirit in these halls that for a while was weakened due to false rumors; but no matter what this school has pulled through and has shown its true potential with the help of a great principal, Mr. Benavides. People who don't go to this is school are quick to judge so don't let their opinion affect yours. SHHS Alumna 2014

Posted August 07, 2014
Sam Houston High school is a great school with caring teachers, counselors, assistant principles, and a principle that has gone well beyond to make Sam Houston the best in the city.

Posted August 06, 2014
Its an awsome school ! If you do it right, you'll enjoy your time making memories and lifelong friends.

Sam Houston High School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
My school is an important part of the community, reaching out to students and parents to become positive members of society.

Sam Houston High School
2000 Sam Houston Drive, Arlington, TX  76014
Last modified Sam Houston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sam Houston High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top