Bad
Good

I went to Hutch in 1997-1999. Reading the reviews, I can tell much has not changed. First let me say that I do appreciate my teachers who taught the honors classes. They did challenge me and encouraged me to stick with it when I wanted to drop them. It was difficult learning there though, while living on the east part of Arlington. When there is no encouragement from the household, your brain is feeding off all kinds of media, your growing into puberty, you're trying to find your identity, and you're trying to fit in all at the same time, you need teachers who recognize what you're going through and can assure you that education is key. Since Hutch failed to get more of those types of educators, we had problematic students that distracted not only the well to do students, but the teachers as well. There needs to be community involvement from students, teachers, and parents or the cycle will continue with unprepared students shipped off to Sam Houston, I should know, I was one of them.

I am a student at Hutcheson Jr High. This school has been really good so far. Tests have been very high thanks to our teachers for caring and helping us through the year. And thanks to our previous principal Mr. Tapia. his hard work made this school very good and outstanding. Y'all may think this school is bad but it is really not, this school has been really successful .

This is my daughter first year at Hutcheson Junior High we move here from another state and as soon that I saw this school my heart went to my stomach. I knew that it was going to be trouble. I did'nt move here for my daughter to attend a not so pleasant school since she have been attending its been nothing but trouble. My advice to parents even if can not afford to live in a lavish community with grade A schools please do your research thorough.

As a substitute, this is an okay place to work at. There will always be students who are very loud and getting distracted from their task, but that is manageable. Some staffs are welcoming and other just seem to not want to work with you. There are some gangs in this school, but that's how it is for a lot of junior and high schools. Keep in mind, teachers are allowed to say "SHUT UP" among the students to get the class to quiet. Shocking and surprise but that is true and as a substitute, you are okay to use this! I wouldn't shout just to be on the safe side! Be more firm among these students and you should do fine. Some are very slow and distracted when doing their work, some are really good and finish on time.

Amazing school my daughter goes there and she is doing fantastic she is very smasrt one of the best schools around very fun and has very amazing rules

okay i started going to hutch this year and i was a little nervous because of the reviews. But I am sooooo glad that i went to hutch. Yes there are a couple of girls that have been pregnant and a handful of boys who sell or use drugs but the teachers are awesome. All of the teachers listen to what the students have to say and hutch feels like home. therefore dont be afraid to send yor child to hutch. GO CHAPARRALS!!!!!!!!

I am a teacher here at Hutch. This school has fantastic students and fantastic spirit. I have taught at other schools before and Hutch does seem less unified. For example, you only see the people in your own hallway. The teachers all need to get together. Once Hutch feels like a home, the teachers and students are happier. I love teaching at this school, we have fantastic students! Go Chaparrals!

I am a student here at Hutch Jr. High and I think that this school has done exeptionally weell. In some cases tho, most students are not encouraged to do their best. They play around in the classrooms, barely getting any work done. Some girls are pregnant and alot of drug usage between the students have been rumored. Be careful who you hang with it actually affects your life in the future. So if you are a parent thinking about enrolling your child here, please reconsider your option.

My son seems to be doing well. The teachers and principals really care. We as parents need to be more involved with school functions! Lets support our school!

My daughter seems to love the school. She has brought up her math grade from 60 to 80 due to there tutoring program. I think so far the school has been fairly good.

Last modified Hutcheson J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.