Bad
Good

Key is a place where you can feel safe when you send your kids to school. The teachers really care. I have had one student for 1 year, another for 2 years, and a third child is finishing his 7th year. They all really like Key. One comment stated the school has no 6th grade and low scores. Actually, that is not this Key Elementary. This school is technically in the city of Dalworthington Gardens and under the Arlington Independent School District in Texas. Key has had either an Exemplary or Recognized rating in all the years my children have attended when the state used those designations. There are academic extracurricular activities such as Math / Science team, fine arts activities such as Tongspiel and choir, in addition to athletic activities such as Runner's Club. The school may not be very large, but that helps give it a family atmosphere. Another poster mentioned the lack of staff in the mornings and afternoons. Actually, there is one teacher assisting students with getting out of cars and safely on the sidewalk before school and after school there are at least 5 teachers doing the same to make sure kids are not getting in and out of cars in the traffic.

Love the focus on the kids and their unique abilities. Great parent involvement in this school.

My girls ages 7 and 8 began here in Kindergarten and have done very well. Great school!

Key Elementary used to be the best public Elementary school in the area However,in last couple years the school is going DOWN hill in rating. You can tell the how bad this school when you drop in the morning or pick up your kids after school. You won't see ANY teacher/school personnel to help kids or to direct the traffic. Parents drop kids in the middle of the traffic flow, kids run between cars, cars stop in the middle of the line.. Few time, I saw some volunteer kids help crossing, but they are kids, they didn't know how complicate the traffic is ..so you will see they talk, they play and forgot that they are directing the traffic!..So it was really a nightmare to drop or pick your kids at the Keys. I often wonder, where are the teachers? where are the school workers?where the principal?What are they doing inside the school when school not yet started?!!.. I've seen in other school, teachers/school personnel rotating to help out the kid in the morning, at Keys - you won't see that at all. Even after school, if there is any teacher out there, you will see they circle to chat each other but pay no attention in help kids.

My son started 1st grade at Key this year and loves it! We moved here from California and loved the smaller country feel of the school and its area. I would like to address the comments made by one reviewer about the Police at the school and the thought it must not be safe. It is the only AISD school in the Dalworthington Garden CIty limits. DWG has its own police force. These policeman come to direct traffic in and out of the drop off areas as well as to stop speeders in the school zone. They are there to make sure the kids are safe! Especially the first of the school year when drivers don't realize school is back in session and that little kiddos are out and about. We love the Principal Mrs. Jackson and the VP Mr. Howard. They are very accessible and present at every school event. I don't usually post to such sites, but had to address the inaccuracies of another post.

Do not send your kids to this school !! I had my kindergartner and 1st grader here only one day due to the fact as we walked in on the first day of school there were 5 police officers in the halls and 3 outside at the front doors . My kindergartner came home so sad and upset because the teacher yelled at her , and my first grader came home saying she didn't feel safe . I unregistered them and registered them in a much better and safer school , I'd say y'all should do the same . Protect your kids and their educations parents !! Good luck !! And ps I had no clue who the principal was and there was no teacher/student interaction .

great teachers and Administrative staff. Quality education in a Public School System. My child is happy in her school and classroom.

I dont understand where the parent who wrote the review says that Key has a low preformance when Key has the 'Exemplary' rating ( the hightest rating possible) maybe its just her child that is not up to par. Key is an excellent school and the test scores prove the teachers are doing their job.

Key does in fact go up to 6th grade, it does not have PK that I know of though. I now have 3 children that have attended Key, my oldest has moved on to Gunn Jr high. I am paying to have my younger two stay at Key even though I moved into another district. I love Key. The teachers and principals are ALL friendly. I know most of them having been with this school since 2001. I have not ever been a room mom or grade rep and I am rarely able to help with the PTA and the teachers are all still always welcoming. If you participate in your kids school life you will get to really know the teachers.

This is what I notice: Most teachers will not smile or address you even with a Hello. Unless your a Room Mom or PTA member. So sad too ! The children (unless their PTA Mom's kids, Room Mom's etc.) get no positive recognition. But teachers are quick to 'binder sign' for anything & everything. The worst children who are 'known' to be the trouble makers are equal to any other child. No consequenes there either. This is a sad fact in Public School. But, it is exactly that..public school. It's an unfortunate reality.

Last modified Key Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.