Key Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2014
Key Elementary used to be the best public Elementary school in the area However,in last couple years the school is going DOWN hill in rating. You can tell the how bad this school when you drop in the morning or pick up your kids after school. You won't see ANY teacher/school personnel to help kids or to direct the traffic. Parents drop kids in the middle of the traffic flow, kids run between cars, cars stop in the middle of the line.. Few time, I saw some volunteer kids help crossing, but they are kids, they didn't know how complicate the traffic is ..so you will see they talk, they play and forgot that they are directing the traffic!..So it was really a nightmare to drop or pick your kids at the Keys. I often wonder, where are the teachers? where are the school workers?where the principal?What are they doing inside the school when school not yet started?!!.. I've seen in other school, teachers/school personnel rotating to help out the kid in the morning, at Keys - you won't see that at all. Even after school, if there is any teacher out there, you will see they circle to chat each other but pay no attention in help kids.

Key Elementary School 5

Posted November 12, 2013
My son started 1st grade at Key this year and loves it! We moved here from California and loved the smaller country feel of the school and its area. I would like to address the comments made by one reviewer about the Police at the school and the thought it must not be safe. It is the only AISD school in the Dalworthington Garden CIty limits. DWG has its own police force. These policeman come to direct traffic in and out of the drop off areas as well as to stop speeders in the school zone. They are there to make sure the kids are safe! Especially the first of the school year when drivers don't realize school is back in session and that little kiddos are out and about. We love the Principal Mrs. Jackson and the VP Mr. Howard. They are very accessible and present at every school event. I don't usually post to such sites, but had to address the inaccuracies of another post.

Key Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
Do not send your kids to this school !! I had my kindergartner and 1st grader here only one day due to the fact as we walked in on the first day of school there were 5 police officers in the halls and 3 outside at the front doors . My kindergartner came home so sad and upset because the teacher yelled at her , and my first grader came home saying she didn't feel safe . I unregistered them and registered them in a much better and safer school , I'd say y'all should do the same . Protect your kids and their educations parents !! Good luck !! And ps I had no clue who the principal was and there was no teacher/student interaction .

Posted October 14, 2009
great teachers and Administrative staff. Quality education in a Public School System. My child is happy in her school and classroom.

Posted September 22, 2009
I dont understand where the parent who wrote the review says that Key has a low preformance when Key has the 'Exemplary' rating ( the hightest rating possible) maybe its just her child that is not up to par. Key is an excellent school and the test scores prove the teachers are doing their job.

Key Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2009
Key does in fact go up to 6th grade, it does not have PK that I know of though. I now have 3 children that have attended Key, my oldest has moved on to Gunn Jr high. I am paying to have my younger two stay at Key even though I moved into another district. I love Key. The teachers and principals are ALL friendly. I know most of them having been with this school since 2001. I have not ever been a room mom or grade rep and I am rarely able to help with the PTA and the teachers are all still always welcoming. If you participate in your kids school life you will get to really know the teachers.

Key Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2009
This is what I notice: Most teachers will not smile or address you even with a Hello. Unless your a Room Mom or PTA member. So sad too ! The children (unless their PTA Mom's kids, Room Mom's etc.) get no positive recognition. But teachers are quick to 'binder sign' for anything & everything. The worst children who are 'known' to be the trouble makers are equal to any other child. No consequenes there either. This is a sad fact in Public School. But, it is exactly that..public school. It's an unfortunate reality.

Key Elementary School 1

Posted November 22, 2008
Key doesn't go up to grade 6. I have to wonder if the other posts are fake for this reason. Also, the school's academics are terrible. We're considering pulling our kids out of the school . The teachers are overwhelmed and do readily show that they don't care. If you don't believe me, go to the school and ask to watch a classroom or two. That experience will prove my points. Oh, and look at the school's poor performance ratings.

Posted October 20, 2008
We transfer from a low performing school into Key and have found it exceptional! The teachers are warm and encourage parental participation. The parental involvement is awesome, without being 'cliquey'.

Posted August 14, 2008
I have a 7 year old son and he is been in Key for the past 2 years, he is going now to 2nd grade and I know that it will be another wonderful experience. According with the district school and zone my son have to go to diferent school but I can not see my son in another place than this school and I do drive the extra mile just to get him into this school. Key has teachers that care about the kids and parents too. I will recomend this school to anybody.

Key Elementary School
3621 Roosevelt Drive, Arlington, TX  76016
Last modified Key Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Key Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top